• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Woohoo! Delivery day! #2019 #242x

IHawks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is your tow vehicle a Acura MDX? I think max towing ranges 3500-5000 pounds depending on model and trim. We use to have one. Depending on how far you are towing that’s a lot of weight for that vehicle. Maybe you have a hoist but I would not be towing many miles wit that vehicle and a 242x. Just my opinion. Maybe others on here know more

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is your tow vehicle a Acura MDX? I think max towing ranges 3500-5000 pounds depending on model and trim. We use to have one. Depending on how far you are towing that’s a lot of weight for that vehicle. Maybe you have a hoist but I would not be towing many miles wit that vehicle and a 242x. Just my opinion. Maybe others on here know more
Just a few miles.

IHawks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Beautiful boat btw. Lots of good times for you in the future!

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Man I love that Blue! Congrats!!...Now remember when you take it for the first time to not to smile too much. May catch a fly or two in you teeth...:D

Enjoy!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congratulations Jim. See you out on the water this summer!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! What a beauty. Have fun!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looking forward to meeting your family. Congratulations.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just a few miles.
Congrats on the new boat ...BUT....hopefully you never have to use the brakes during those miles.....

Buy an old beater truck that's rated to tow the weight. If you need to slam on your brakes I don't think that little Acura is going to keep up with what the boat is going to try and do. Safer for you and everyone else on the road no matter how short of a drive you think it is. Most car accidents happen within 25 miles of home.

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat ...BUT....hopefully you never have to use the brakes during those miles.....

Buy an old beater truck that's rated to tow the weight. If you need to slam on your brakes I don't think that little Acura is going to keep up with what the boat is going to try and do. Safer for you and everyone else on the road no matter how short of a drive you think it is. Most car accidents happen within 25 miles of home.

Agreed, only a few miles to lake Winnebago. I'm looking for a used truck for my 16 year old, that's my new tow vehicle. 😎

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed, only a few miles to lake Winnebago. I'm looking for a used truck for my 16 year old, that's my new tow vehicle. 😎

Wait, are you towing from where you are in IL to Winnebago, or do you have a place close to Winnebago that the boat will stay at? Cuz there's more than just a few miles from IL to Winnebago, and I'd like a heads-up when you're driving by my house so I can get some pics and get the heck out of your way

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Actually, the MDX has monster disk brakes and probably stops better and faster than most trucks. It's the transmission I'd be concerned about....but regardless the point is moot as he says he's getting a truck to tow it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Actually, the MDX has monster disk brakes and probably stops better and faster than most trucks. It's the transmission I'd be concerned about....but regardless the point is moot as he says he's getting a truck to tow it.
Of course it should stop (with no payload) better than most trucks. It weighs more than 1,000 lbs less lol.

That doesn’t mean it gets a pass and it should be towing at limit or beyond if it’s not meant to haul that kind of weight. It’s more than just brakes. YMMV if people want to drive on the roads like that and risk other people on the road. Personally I wouldn’t want to be the test mule.

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No concerns from me. Take it easy on your drive. As a group the board tends to be model citizens of the motor way. It's all risk based. Everyone's tolerance is different. A bit longer extension cord, a few months past the expiration on the Tylenol, a few more days of the cooked shrimp in the fridge... You live your life and deal with the consequences. I bet many here passed several cars with longer stopping distance than this rig on your way to work this morning... And here we are.

Is it optimal? Probably not, but it should work just fine for the immediate need.

Congrats on the cool new boat.

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love that color scheme. Yamaha does a good job mixing it up year to year. Enjoy the new toy.