• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Boat Loans Sold From Synchrony to Yamaha Motor Finance

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Who gets the longest on hold record! I had 2.25 hours. Only thing wrong with mine was the late payment. Emailed all my payments and am now waiting for a response.... next record to get....2 days?
Was just on hold for 2 hours and 1 minute and got a "Would you like your survey in English or Spanish" prompt. I took survey which asked questions like "Was your agent able to take care of your needs today?" and "Was your agent knowledgable?" After going through about ten of those questions the call ended. I am now on my 5th call for today. Been on hold anywhere from 25 minutes to 2 hours.

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The music is by far the best sound track ever heard! Good chance it is used for torture! The ding dong gave me this email, yamaha@acct-admin.com. He said they are the ones to review it and make changes. In the subject line he said to put your account#. I gave last 3 months of bills and payments showing never being late. He said I should get a response in 24hrs. I laughed because 10min hold time was over 2 hours.

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The music is by far the best sound track ever heard! Good chance it is used for torture! The ding dong gave me this email, yamaha@acct-admin.com. He said they are the ones to review it and make changes. In the subject line he said to put your account#. I gave last 3 months of bills and payments showing never being late. He said I should get a response in 24hrs. I laughed because 10min hold time was over 2 hours.
I am not laughing. Did you send electronic statements or what? I want my monthly payment changed back to the original amount and for them to show my January payment credited. This is actually almost unbelievable.

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just scanned my statements from Synchrony and the payment made letter I received with every payment. I always made payment over the phone and they would send a confirmation letter 3 days later saying the withdrawal went through. The Ding Dong said to just email a few statements but I felt like one upping him. I'm thinking the more the better. But who knows until I get my response from the penthouse suite! I won't give them an auto withdrawal account after this.

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just scanned my statements from Synchrony and the payment made letter I received with every payment. I always made payment over the phone and they would send a confirmation letter 3 days later saying the withdrawal went through. The Ding Dong said to just email a few statements but I felt like one upping him. I'm thinking the more the better. But who knows until I get my response from the penthouse suite! I won't give them an auto withdrawal account after this.
I have had my payment auto drafted since day one through Synchrony. It was even pulled from my account January 9th! I can sort of deal with the payment not being credited situation. I feel that will get sorted out, but the monthly payment increase thing and them telling customers to send proof of the original financial agreement blows my mind. My only hope is they mess up and give us the 2.99% for the whole 15! :)

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had my payment auto drafted since day one through Synchrony......
..... My only hope is they mess up and give us the 2.99% for the whole 15! :)
Same here. Since my payment wasn’t drafted on the 15th I made a payment over the phone to Yamaha for the increased payment amount. As long as I can confirm my 2.99% interest rate I’ll keep paying the higher payment as long as the extra goes to the principal.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I emailed my info on the 19th and haven't had a response as of yet or have seen any changes on the lame site.
What sucks is Synchrony is no help. Hands completely washed of this mess.

Brian Millette

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Having the same problems. On hold with Yamaha over 4 hours for 3 calls. Has to send them a copy of my contract and proof of payment. Today (1/23) they finally admitted it was all screw up and there would be no late charges etc. till they got caught up, but that might be a month or more

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Having the same problems. On hold with Yamaha over 4 hours for 3 calls. Has to send them a copy of my contract and proof of payment. Today (1/23) they finally admitted it was all screw up and there would be no late charges etc. till they got caught up, but that might be a month or more
The late charges aren't what worry me, it's the late report to the credit bureaus.

Anyone talk to their dealer about this yet? Heading to the boat show tomorrow night. Dealer always remembers me by name, so I'm sure I'll stop and chat for a bit. Going to be sure he knows this shit show is taking place, and that it's going to ding his bottom line through the finance department.........With that said, I seriously doubt he hasn't heard about it yet.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Add me to the list of messed up bills. Issue is same as everyone else. I have until 2/4 to pay so I will see if they can get it fixed sometime next week, or at least settled down somewhat.

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On hold for 1 hr 15 mins and finally got through. He could see that I made my Jan payment to Synchrony and submitted a correction. Will take up to 3 days to reflect on my account, we'll see.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just recieved a letter in the mail from them apologizing for the last letter having the wrong account number... a week late for those who sat on the phone for hours. Still doesn't address ALL the other issues. I just laughed as I read it... I'm sure you'll all have or will be recieving the same letter.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just recieved a letter in the mail from them apologizing for the last letter having the wrong account number... a week late for those who sat on the phone for hours. Still doesn't address ALL the other issues. I just laughed as I read it... I'm sure you'll all have or will be recieving the same letter.
What also amazes me.....How slow the mail department is. The first letter I recieved was dated Jan 4th, postmarked on the 12th, and received on the 14th. Wonder what took them 8 days to mail it?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was just provided this URL for people to use that are in the process of switching over to Yamaha financing:

We Care

Looks like they've heard there are issues and won't be charging any late fees or impacting any credit scores....

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I was just provided this URL for people to use that are in the process of switching over to Yamaha financing:

We Care

Looks like they've heard there are issues and won't be charging any late fees or impacting any credit scores....

A day late and a few dollars short. This should have been all worked out behind the scene before they even told anyone about the transfer. Also no mention about the payment amounts being wrong for people with step loans. This was complete incompetence. The other thing that blows my mind is the complete lack of security they are exposing us to. Like asking to send bank stamens to who knows where and using 80% of my SSN as a password. I smell a class action suit.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would suggest if you have an issue with step payments you call the number on the page and give them a chance to fix it. Companies make mistakes and underestimate what it takes to do things. I'm sure there are quite a few people at Yamaha sitting there thinking to themselves "I told the boss it wasn't going to be as simple as he suggested it would be....and now look where we are", and it is those same people having to take the irate calls from people suffering from their shortsightedness. I always try and remain calm, and explain my issues and give them a chance first - and I try not to spend hours on the phone either, as that gets my blood pressure up. I just give them my number and say, call me back when you have it sorted out, or need to ask me something more.

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Julian,

I would suggest if you have an issue with step payments you call the number on the page and give them a chance to fix it. Companies make mistakes and underestimate what it takes to do things. I'm sure there are quite a few people at Yamaha sitting there thinking to themselves "I told the boss it wasn't going to be as simple as he suggested it would be....and now look where we are", and it is those same people having to take the irate calls from people suffering from their shortsightedness. I always try and remain calm, and explain my issues and give them a chance first - and I try not to spend hours on the phone either, as that gets my blood pressure up. I just give them my number and say, call me back when you have it sorted out, or need to ask me something more.

If it was just the step payment issue than it would not be a big deal. We need to look at the entire situation. Thousands of customers were effected. It first started with them sending me a past due notice from Yamaha when at the time I did not know I had a loan with them. To me this looked like a phishing email especially with the armature looking website and email addresses. I did not receive notification until 3 days after they told me I was late when I was not. Then the account number they gave was not even correct and the monthly payment was off, so literally nothing was correct on the account other than my name and address. To fix the issue they asked me to email my bank statements and contract to them. Not really smart in this day and age to give out that much personal information to who knows who. Not to mention I did not know if this would effect my credit that I have worked very hard to keep at the highest levels. They finally issued a notice on a website but still have not emailed me. I know they have my address because they had no problem sending me a past due notice. So, yes my blood pressure is high. I can accept mistakes I do it every day. Total incompetency from a financial institution I can not.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The problem is that we are calling that exact number multiple times with 1.5 hour average hold times and no resolution, we have emailed our correct info to the email provided with no resolution. 2 weeks in and nothing but a very lame log in portal with no way to track prior payments except the most recent.
I have made 3 payments since this debacle started and while my payments have posted, i cant see how it was applied or see the first 2.
Just ridiculous

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's 2020. Transferring data from one bank server to another and matching database fields is beyond elementary. Unreal this kind of thing still happens.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New update - after trying to get this resolved Monday, then reading all the posts, I figured I would just go online and pay the inflated payment amount until they got this sorted out, as I want to make sure no automatic systems wind up reporting this to the credit agencies. I am not overly trusting about the statement they made about not reporting until our accounts are updated - how do we know they will update correctly before triggering any reporting?? So I went to log in, but then I was no longer able to (I did not have a problem initially), so I had to call to get the account to let me log in. I tried the "Lost password" link, but never got an email to reset. That's all fine, and yes 1.5 hour wait - working while on speaker phone hold so no big deal - until I got someone.
The person who came on to help started off, and kept pressing me to pay the "Late payment due" before he could help me with anything else. Even after acknowledging he could see my January Synchrony payment, but that it had not been updated on my account - he asked once again for a credit card to pay the amount showing as due. He said the overpayment would eventually be applied to a future bill once they sorted it out.
I was of the mindset that they ran into difficulty, and they knew they were in error so expected a much different attitude on their part. So now they want to borrow our money while they figure this all out?? We should not have to make overpayments because of their errors, and if we do, any overpayments should be applied as extra principle payments, or returned if requested, not held for future payments due .
They really surprised me with the constant request to pay - especially after acknowledging the payment was made, and they were still updating all the accounts. He made that request 6 times during our call - a call where all I really wanted was a reset to login.
I asked specifically if I had to pay the higher amount shown, or if I paid the lower correct amount (Per contract) would it trigger any credit reporting, etc. The answer was "If you are able, pay the amount shown as due" - again this is after he acknowledged that the account was still being updated. He did not confirm or deny the amount as being correct - I am sure he was not authorized to do so, he merely acknowledged the accounts were all still being updated. The answers were far from humble and apologetic. And for the record, I conduct business calmly and don't use loud or foul language, as I generally find I get better cooperation that way - so the bad attitude was on their side - I could have forgiven the misstep on the transfer if I felt that they were trying their best to resolve this without adversely effecting the customers - but that is not the impression this customer service agent gave me. Hopefully others will have better experiences as this gets sorted out, or with other agents.

The whole point of owning this boat is to have something fun and relaxing - this experience is certainly killing that concept. Ironically I received a notice from our dealer today stating that they always love to hear about our fun experiences on the water - not sure they will be too happy to hear these saga's. Luckily they sell other brands, as we are looking at adding a PWC - not too likely to go with Yamaha at the moment. Good thing for them that time heals.