• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Clean Out Plug Blow Out Poll

A) Have you had a blow out, and if so B) were there countermeasures in Place

• A) Yes - I had a blowout

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • A) No - I have not had a blow out

Votes: 91 71.7%
  • B) Yes-I had counter measures in place

Votes: 27 21.3%
  • B) No- I did not have countermeasures in place

Votes: 29 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Threads like this hurt us more than it helps us. Trust me, I know.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi Norboo, Please create a post to explain the comment in your signature. I trust that the moderators will keep the discussion civil.

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi Norboo, Please create a post to explain the comment in your signature. I trust that the moderators will keep the discussion civil.
I rather not. When my plugs blow (8/2012), I posted it and I had to defend myself through-out the thread. It was a nightmare. Mel and Will helped as best they can and I am still thankful to them. I never received any help from the owner of EZLocks, just lots of questions and accusations. However, I did receive a PM from him and that was a solicitation to sell me something. I left the other site till recent.

If you wish to delete my signature, by all means do. Brian did once without telling me why to this day. I reposted it and it has been up for about a month now on his site.

I went through hell and back. I would never buy anything Yamaha or Cobra/EZ ever again. Ask any dealer out there, you drill you lose.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
In all the years and all the thousands of ezlocks serving my customers I will let the ez locks success speak for themselves, they do not void a warranty, in effect your are actually accusing Yamaha of violating a federal law.
I posted the federal warranty laws in a previous post anticipating that the drama from the other site would somehow be dragged to this one.
I will let the federal laws speak for themselves and in closing this conversation. Not a single claim of a plug failing with an ezlock installed has ever been made in the years prior to or after your post. And certainly never a warranty issue, I just shipped out a case of these to a Yamaha dealer this week.
So please confine the drama to the other web page and please stop bashing a proven product , Thank you, J T Walkowiak

duanepillar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I put in tru locks in before I ever took the boat out. I have never had a blow out but did have a confused dealer during first service. I taped instructions to the underside of the cover now explaining how to lock the tru lock system.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Perhaps I should redo this poll and asking two questions in one poll confused people. But taking the answers to just the first 2 questions we have a 21% incidence of plugs blowing. I think the same poll I had on the other site had it in the 30's.

Status
Not open for further replies.