• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Stop Sale on Certain 2022 / 2023 Models, Steering Cable Recall

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
yes BXT800F-XAG
Then your boat may be affected.. I’d contact Yamaha customer service or the dealer to find out how to tell if your boat is affected.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The dealer said there is an "intent to recall" from Yamaha as they work to put a process together but no recall yet.....he said if I am having steering issues to bring it in. If not, then just stay tuned to be potentially contacted from Yamaha. so yeah....no help lol

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would really like to get specifics out of Yamaha on what, why, the resolution and really how far back this should go.....

toddgray519

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just passing along info I read on a face book group called Yamaha jet boat owners

They said they had the steering work completed “it’s a bracket they install to prevent the cable from binding”. Took 20 mins while I waited for it to be installed

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just passing along info I read on a face book group called Yamaha jet boat owners

They said they had the steering work completed “it’s a bracket they install to prevent the cable from binding”. Took 20 mins while I waited for it to be installed
Well, I do know that they have replaced cables as well in boats at dealerships for this. So perhaps it more than one issue.

If it is only a bracket, that would be fantastic and should be able to knocked out fairly quickly.

Last edited:

buckeyeblind

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length

I'm glad to hear it is a quick fix. I was real close on pulling the plug on my order for the new 222fsh sport. My dealer sent me an email last night saying that Yamaha sent them a two page email. He said he will read it today and get back to me. I'm hoping they will go ahead and start shipping and let the dealers install the bracket.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, I do know that they have replaced cables as well in boats at dealerships for this. So perhaps it more than one issue.

If it is only a bracket, that would be fantastic and should be able to knocked out fairly quickly.
I'd like to know, if its the same steering cable, if we should be putting them onto our boats as well. I just replaced mine and went through the same experience you did a year ago, except the part's more expensive now. I assumed it was from water intrusion and not really paying special attention to the weak points in the exterior areas where water can intrude. Now I'm wondering if there's a binding issue somewhere else in the line and it has nothing to do with corrosion. That would also explain why pumping oil into the line hasn't proven all that effective in repairing the issue.

usea1040

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I received the recall notice today. Will call the dealer to make a schedule to repair next week.
IMG_1949.JPG

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd like to know, if its the same steering cable, if we should be putting them onto our boats as well. I just replaced mine and went through the same experience you did a year ago, except the part's more expensive now. I assumed it was from water intrusion and not really paying special attention to the weak points in the exterior areas where water can intrude. Now I'm wondering if there's a binding issue somewhere else in the line and it has nothing to do with corrosion. That would also explain why pumping oil into the line hasn't proven all that effective in repairing the issue.
Yes, I have been thinking about that same thing. It is all not cool at all.

IslandAubie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Both of my steering cables snapped this past weekend on my 2018 210 FSH. Yamaha is saying over a year to get new ones. WTF???

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Both of my steering cables snapped this past weekend on my 2018 210 FSH. Yamaha is saying over a year to get new ones. WTF???
This issue is not related to the topic of this thread. You do have the option of ordering the cables from the MFG? Or are you still under warranty?

IslandAubie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It is related because I can't get steering cables, most likely because of the recall. Yamaha is the only one you can get the cables through. It also means that the root cause of the recall existed prior to 2022. If you own a Yamaha jet boat then you know it's not under warranty.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It is related because I can't get steering cables, most likely because of the recall. Yamaha is the only one you can get the cables through. It also means that the root cause of the recall existed prior to 2022. If you own a Yamaha jet boat then you know it's not under warranty.
This thread is about the stop sale of the steering cables for the 2023 models and the fix that Yamaha and Dometic came up with to correct the issue. Your steering cables, and mine, did not have the defect that this thread is about.

The Yamaha dealer in Clearwater FLA allegedly had 5 of the steering cables in stock for your boat, give them a call and see if they can help you out.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The recall was not repalceing cables just adding reinforcement bracket. Cables have been back logged for over a year with yamaha and all parts houses which is not related to the recall. That being said you boat is 5 years old and cables corrode, especially in salt water. Yamaha considers cables a maintenance issue after the first year.