• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017-2019 AR 210 oil change (TR-1 engine)

drewkaree

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
  • I extracted from the oil extraction hose (pink in picture at top) first.... 2 quarts came out
  • I then extracted from the right most oil fill hole (red).... 1 quart extracted
That's super helpful info right there. To me, it demonstrates that the manual IS correct, that you should extract from both points, in order to get as much of the old oil as possible. The middle hole seemed like it wouldn't be too fruitful, but that's good to know your experience with it. I dunno what the oil passages are like, or how they're set up, so as to require extraction from both, but it DOES explain why the manual states to split the filler oil between the two openings. Good stuff!

How was your experience with the oil change? I know there are other engines that seem to require the absorbing pads and other measures, but I was kinda surprised that it seemed to be such a clean process on the TR-1. Given how well the extractor worked, I'm wondering if I even need to warm the engine up, but I know that might not be the case for every person's method of extraction.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oil change experience was easy and completely clean. Not a drop anywhere. The Yamaha oil change kit also came with a collapsible cardboard oil funnel for refilling and you just toss it when you are done. I would warm up the engines to get a quicker extraction and to be sure to get the most out.

the only other oil change that was easier was on my 2 stroke LS2000. No oil changes and you just kept the oil tank full 😁