• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So for Saturday captains meeting and Sunday MORNING crossing I have the following : 16 vessels 49+ heads

boats

@jayasaki138 1
@justason 4
@Amar Nanduri 5
@Dan_NC 4
@vanmurray 8
@bronze_10 5
@AndyD 2
@Gadiel 4
@Cjtita 2
@Michy x

waverunners

@Valerie 1
@Girlfriend 1
@jayjay 1
sarah 1

possible

@robert843 6
@AL-LL 4

50+ heads wont fit a the Bahia Mar bar........because its been mentioned repeatedly, we can have the (13) captains start there and perhaps take the elevated walkway to the sandy beach with all that want to attend

Last edited:

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a feeling Sunday’s group will continue to grow...
It's looking that way. If we have to switch to sunday due to weather forecasts, we can. We won't have a place to stay in Bimini until Monday, though.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a feeling Sunday’s group will continue to grow...
Agree....Monday now has 2' seas and winds +10mph all day (nearly +15 all morning).

Saturday on the other hand has 0' seas with period of 7 seconds....IE...flat calm.....

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So for Saturday captains meeting and Sunday MORNING crossing I have the following : 12 vessels 41 heads

boats

@jayasaki138 1
@justason 4
@Amar Nanduri 5
@Dan_NC 4
@vanmurray 8
@bronze_10 5

waverunners

@Valerie 1
@Girlfriend 1
@jayjay 1
sarah 1

possible

@robert843 6
@AL-LL 4

41 heads wont fit a the Bahia Mar bar........because its been mentioned repeatedly, we can have the (12) captains start there and perhaps take the elevated walkway to the sandy beach with all that want to attend
@justason add us to the Sunday as well.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This notice pop’d up on sailflow app today

F011D7E5-8264-4CE2-8EF5-D38AC1701B6C.png

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So for Saturday captains meeting and Sunday MORNING crossing I have the following : 12 vessels 41 heads

boats

@jayasaki138 1
@justason 4
@Amar Nanduri 5
@Dan_NC 4
@vanmurray 8
@bronze_10 5

waverunners

@Valerie 1
@Girlfriend 1
@jayjay 1
sarah 1

possible

@robert843 6
@AL-LL 4

41 heads wont fit a the Bahia Mar bar........because its been mentioned repeatedly, we can have the (12) captains start there and perhaps take the elevated walkway to the sandy beach with all that want to attend
Eric we often use the lobby of the “marina building” that is the lesser floored hotel building on the south side of Bahia Mar.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Eric we often use the lobby of the “marina building” that is the lesser floored hotel building on the south side of Bahia Mar.
THANK YOU @Bruce we can walk there, I've posted here and on a PM for the lobby back when we were a lesser crowd, I'm hesitant to make a conflict/change now....in case someone overlooks it

appreciate the location

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@justason, here is a Bahia Mar map, it is referred to as the Hotel Marina Wing. We have approval from Michelle Dresner who runs Bahia Mar events to use that lobby for Cap’ns meetings.

I have always wanted to have the meeting at the pool bar but I always find that either it is raining or a party is happening.

7B87CF4D-78CF-415C-AF56-CD0CBB798D0A.jpeg

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I see a pattern here .....
odd years we fight the weather
Even years we dodge the weather on scheduled day

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I think I see a pattern here .....
odd years we fight the weather
Even years we dodge the weather on scheduled day
I swear I was kidding when I said it was gonna be a boring crossing with no stories to write home about........:dead:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This afternoon I called Marci at Bimini Sands to see about the availability of my condo for a possible Sunday arrival. I learned 2 things, 1 our assigned condo is available for a Sunday arrival if we decide to do so, and 2 they had to move us from condo 14D to 7I because the AC went out in 14D and due to the recent mail delivery boat fire they have no idea when replacement parts will arrive.

Now the wave forecast has to settle down and stop moving all over the place so we can make a definitive decision on which day we are going to leave.
I just found out I got moved from building 14 to build 18 I got completely screwed on that deal.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's looking that way. If we have to switch to sunday due to weather forecasts, we can. We won't have a place to stay in Bimini until Monday, though.
I just talked to them and they will rent you a different unit for one night if needed you just may have to push a little. I'm honestly thinking about staying at resort world Sunday night if we change.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agree....Monday now has 2' seas and winds +10mph all day (nearly +15 all morning).

Saturday on the other hand has 0' seas with period of 7 seconds....IE...flat calm.....
If you find docking for Saturday let me know everywhere I have called right now has told me the couldn't guarantee me a spot Saturday.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not being on this crossing it is easier to make such statements but as I look at the forecasts a few points stick out;

1. The Bimini weather station is operating. It was offline in 2015 & 2017. I suspect that lack of reporting from Bimini significantly contributed to those incorrect forecasts.

2. The forecast for Monday has the wind and waves moving in the same direction with several hours before for the waves and wind to get into agreement.

3. The forecast for Monday has the waves and wind at a slight angle to the bow likely making them easier to cross.

A Monday morning crossing with 2’ footers would not be easy however with the likelihood of a correct forecast, an organized sea state and a good angle for crossing the waves I would not expect it to be a repeat of 2015 or 2017.

But if the wind changes direction the seas will become confused and it will be a beating!

Attachments

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So for Saturday captains meeting and Sunday MORNING crossing I have the following : 13 vessels 43 heads

boats

@jayasaki138 1
@justason 4
@Amar Nanduri 5
@Dan_NC 4
@vanmurray 8
@bronze_10 5
@AndyD 2

waverunners

@Valerie 1
@Girlfriend 1
@jayjay 1
sarah 1

possible

@robert843 6
@AL-LL 4

43 heads wont fit a the Bahia Mar bar........because its been mentioned repeatedly, we can have the (13) captains start there and perhaps take the elevated walkway to the sandy beach with all that want to attend
@Gadiel @Cjtita and @Michy would like to move to the Sunday group as well