• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
0B895E1C-4F8C-48F5-83B8-B48594E612E3.jpeg 214FC92E-0A5D-4589-9D88-5A679EF9B2A0.jpeg
@Amar Nanduri sounds good.
Look on the positive site of things, you don’t have to pay shipping the limo to Florida and back to Canada.

I am leaving on Friday and will be there on Saturday.
Formula all ready for crossing. Just waiting on the CBP to release it :(
It is not meant to be ...

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Um
This is bullshit
just sayin......
Ahh Sunday still looks pretty solid as long as run early if I leave Sunday I will be off the dock 6am or earlier and out of the Inlet by 6:30am the afternoon could get a little rough. Not gonna lie Monday’s forecast reminds me of 2015 and 2017 not something I would look forward too.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ahh Sunday still looks pretty solid as long as run early if I leave Sunday I will be off the dock 6am or earlier and out of the Inlet by 6:30am the afternoon could get a little rough. Not gonna lie Monday’s forecast reminds me of 2015 and 2017 not something I would look forward too.
I know our condo in Bimini is not available for an early arrival, and I would need to make changes to Bahia Mar reservation, but if that is something that is advisable to do, then I'll have to try to make a Sunday departure work somehow.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
what does Tuesday look like? I wonder if things are moving faster then expected with Mother Nature

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So who all is changing from Monday to Sunday crossing? I have went ahead and secured a slip and room for early arrival but not fully committed.

Also came up with a pretty slick storage for 10 extra gallons of gas.
20180619_172130.jpg

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So who all is changing from Monday to Sunday crossing? I have went ahead and secured a slip and room for early arrival but not fully committed.
I just spoke with my family and as excited as they are to get to Bimini, we are committed to a Monday crossing at the earliest. We should, however, be in Florida by Saturday.

JKallay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reading about the fuel prep, I wondered if you guys know about this little fuel transfer hose. My buddy uses this to put fuel in his ski at the marina to avoid any fuel spilling. It works really well. You just insert into the full tank, insert the other end into the empty tank, make sure the full tank is higher than the empty tank, and shake the hose up and down a few times to get the fuel primed and flowing.

https://www.amazon.com/Wadoy-Siphon-Gasoline-Shaker-Priming/dp/B072LN1T1W/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1529414588&sr=8-6&keywords=fuel+transfer+hose

This is the shake siphon. I have used this many times and works like a charm. Better than trying to hang a can over the side of the boat.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Gofish206 that looks great but I will probably try to secure with a ratchet strap instead of bungee cord. Forecast is cooking for doing crossing

JKallay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
God speed everyone. Hope weather clears for you guys Sunday and Monday. Someone post a link to a Delorme tracker so we can follow the crossing.

Jaime and I are currently in Great Harbour Cay with our 192. We cross back to Bimini tomorrow and Miami on Friday.

Cheers

https://share.delorme.com/jasonkallay

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Gofish206 that looks great but I will probably try to secure with a ratchet strap instead of bungee cord. Forecast is cooking for doing crossing
I agree. The bungee straps are pretty tight and doesn't allow for alot of movement but I usually over secure things so it will be strapped in before we leave.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JKallay, I will be very excited to watch your video and learn about your adventures!

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
God speed everyone. Hope weather clears for you guys Sunday and Monday. Someone post a link to a Delorme tracker so we can follow the crossing.

Jaime and I are currently in Great Harbour Cay with our 192. We cross back to Bimini tomorrow and Miami on Friday.

Cheers

https://share.delorme.com/jasonkallay

Hummm....You'll have to tell us more about Great Harbour and the surrounding islands.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This afternoon I called Marci at Bimini Sands to see about the availability of my condo for a possible Sunday arrival. I learned 2 things, 1 our assigned condo is available for a Sunday arrival if we decide to do so, and 2 they had to move us from condo 14D to 7I because the AC went out in 14D and due to the recent mail delivery boat fire they have no idea when replacement parts will arrive.

Now the wave forecast has to settle down and stop moving all over the place so we can make a definitive decision on which day we are going to leave.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hummm....You'll have to tell us more about Great Harbour and the surrounding islands.
It’s kind of an old resort area that really used to be booming in the 70’s it’s near chub cay it’s part of the Berry Islands just a little more habituated then Chub Cay but not by much

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just spoke with my family and as excited as they are to get to Bimini, we are committed to a Monday crossing at the earliest. We should, however, be in Florida by Saturday.
Right now the current Monday forecast is on the edge for me. If that Monday forecast holds I’m not sure there will be a crossing Monday it might be delayed till Tuesday or at best Monday afternoon. If it overnight forecasted winds get any stronger I would say it was definitely canceled for Monday. I know it seems silly that but it is still early to decide I promise tomorrow morning’s forecast probably look different than it does right now

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One of the most important things for this crossing is to be flexible.... Dont fix your plans on a particular day. Applies to any open water boating really.
What? I am looking forward to all the stories of the ten foot seas!!!!

JKallay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For sure.
I totally have the hookup. We can pay cash for marina condos with no cancellation fees. Docks attached to the condo. My wife and I are now great friends with folks that manage a group of units. Beach condos are avail too with mooring balls.
I will start a thread once we get back home.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For sure.
I totally have the hookup. We can pay cash for marina condos with no cancellation fees. Docks attached to the condo. My wife and I are now great friends with folks that manage a group of units. Beach condos are avail too with mooring balls.
I will start a thread once we get back home.
Very cool!

@robert843 - do you copy? :cool:

--