• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very cool!

@robert843 - do you copy? :cool:

--
I do. I have checked this place out before and there just really just wasn't much there it was kind of a forgotten resort area that basically ha just kind of been left. Maybe @JKallay can report back different. I don't think I would dedicate a week to it at this point. @JKallay will they rent by the days and if so @DieselCamel and @Ramblin Wreck we can go here Saturday since we can't get marina space in Bimini Saturday and just come back to Bimini Sunday we can day trip it.

AL-LL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 - Any chance I and Douglas Lackey can go with the group on Sunday? Looks like it will be better weather and we should be there in time to head out with the group. Thanks.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AL-LL, the National Weather Service forecast, an actual human reviewed forecast instead of these computer only forecasts, is currently suggesting that the 2' seas will already have built by Sunday.

It is still too early to know whether Sunday or Monday will be better.

If this weather event happens faster than forecast Monday will be an excellent crossing day. If it happens slower Sunday will be an excellent crossing day. If the forecast holds Tuesday may be the day and you might be forced to enjoy the beach in Fort Lauderdale for a day.

AMZ651-671-200930-
Coastal waters from Deerfield Beach to Ocean Reef FL out 20 NM-
Waters from Deerfield Beach to Ocean Reef FL from 20 to 60 NM
excluding the territorial waters of Bahamas-
431 PM EDT Tue Jun 19 2018

.FRIDAY NIGHT...South southwest winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas less
than 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A chance of showers
and thunderstorms.
.SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT...Southeast winds 5 to 10 knots.
Seas less than 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A chance
of showers and thunderstorms.
.SUNDAY...East southeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas around
2 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A chance of showers and
thunderstorms.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 - Any chance I and Douglas Lackey can go with the group on Sunday? Looks like it will be better weather and we should be there in time to head out with the group. Thanks.
There is definitely a Sunday group crossing and anyone who would like to is welcome to join that group to my knowledge anyone who needs details for that please let me know and I will get you in touch with the persons in that group. As for the official crossing being changed to Sunday that call has not been made at this time and the call will come from @Andy S on that one. I know the possibility of a change to Sunday could be a very tough call to make and be inconvenient to some but the safety of the group as whole will be priority one and I'm sure in the end that is what will dictate when the crossing occurs. Right now Monday's forecast is not promising especially with the winds building overnight that means by the time we try to cross in the morning the seas will already be in a confused state after hours of heavy winds and the preliminary forecasts I'm seeing from some sources that include precipitation forecasts are calling for AM thunderstorms offshore on Monday as well . That being said the forecast changed drastically overnight last night and could very well do the same tonight and Sunday be terrible now and Monday have the current Tuesday forecast which is great if everything speeds up which honestly is not that uncommon.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
This right here is my favorite part of planning this trip ....... said no one EVER

AL-LL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce and @robert843 thanks for the info.... looking forward to the trip. Please let me know the details for the Sunday trip when you have a minute. Thanks again for coordinating.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
By tomorrow afternoon/early evening I will be making the call on when the main group trip over will occur. As @robert843 has mentioned above, things are not looking good for a Monday departure for our group. If it was me and a few others that I have very high confidence in, Monday's forecast is easily doable but since we have a large number of folks that I don't have person knowledge of their skills/tolerance for rough water and for safety concerns of the group as a whole, I have to make the call based on the large group.

If the group crossing gets moved to Sunday there will be various departure times across the morning. Some might leave at dawn (normal departure), others like @Julian and my crew would be leaving between 10 am and 11 am, my crew could wait a little longer to accommodate others. If this Sunday group departure happens and you can't do Sunday, I am offering, and happy to do so, to come back to Fort Lauderdale on Tuesday morning to guide the Tuesday's group over to Bimini.

Like I said above, I with the input of others will make the decision on Wednesday afternoon/evening when the group departure will be, so please monitor closely.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce and @robert843 thanks for the info.... looking forward to the trip. Please let me know the details for the Sunday trip when you have a minute. Thanks again for coordinating.
@AL-LL there are two if you want a early morning departure you will want to shoot @justason a message and he can give you the details on his captains meeting Saturday night and Sunday morning plans and @Julian will have an afternoon departure if you cant make a morning one shoot him a message.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Except for @Julian arent the others crossing at 6 am on Sunday? That is what I am preparing myself and my team for.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The forecast is likely to change but the wind is forecast to pickup during the day on Sunday. If the forecast holds a departure at sunrise would be optimal.

9B510E73-CC4B-45AC-8192-857BCAC59E98.png 93089DA6-08D7-45ED-8E0F-B00F3DD7DF71.png

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Except for @Julian arent the others crossing at 6 am on Sunday? That is what I am preparing myself and my team for.
Most are leaving early and that is typically the best time to go. If the winds/waves look like they will build substantially during the morning, we will find a motel and get down there sat night so we can make an early morning departure too. But most likely will be an 11am-Noon departure. Didn't know @Andy S was shooting for midday too.....groups are better.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Most are leaving early and that is typically the best time to go. If the winds/waves look like they will build substantially during the morning, we will find a motel and get down there sat night so we can make an early morning departure too. But most likely will be an 11am-Noon departure. Didn't know @Andy S was shooting for midday too.....groups are better.
My nooner Sunday departure for me will only happen if I move the group crossing from Monday to Sunday. The time of my possible Sunday departure was only determined today after Monday's forecast does look good.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One of the worst parts of a morning departure, at least on a ski, is squinting from the salt spray and sunrise for several hours. The rising sun frustrates me every time as it effects my vision and I always seem to find a way to get caught off guard and take a rogue wave unexpectedly. Now coming back is a different experience.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Am I the only one who is finding this exhilarating? Do I need to see a shrink ?

Worse case scenario, we have a Bahia Mar gathering and then back to Texas. Plus 2 extra days of vacations I can append on the next crossing

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I believe the North Carolina crew that @justason is leading plans to leaving at 6 am.
@Amar Nanduri The sunday crew is meeting in the lobby of the Bahia mar at 7pm saturday evening, left of the check in desk is a small square bar. We can chat it up there or if we lack shoulder room we can walk outside.

My take is the the earlier the better. We have 2 waverunners part of the list on page 1 of 8 vessels, I believe @bronze_10 and @robert843 will be joining this herd. We will chat departure time as the primary topic. This will be a semi-formal event, please dress accordingly.

edit: tag @AL-LL

Last edited:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
@Amar Nanduri The sunday crew is meeting in the lobby of the Bahia mar at 7pm saturday evening, left of the check in desk is a small square bar. We can chat it up there or if we lack shoulder room we can walk outside.

My take is the the earlier the better. We have 2 waverunners part of the list on page 1 of 8 vessels, I believe @bronze_10 and @robert843 will be joining this herd. We will chat departure time as the primary topic. This will be a semi-formal event, please dress accordingly.
We will be there
4 skis
@Valerie @Girlfriend @jayjay +Sarah
Diana is riding with @jayasaki138

Last edited: