• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
lets do that Amar. I hate to use rum as fuel for the boat. :eek:
Agreed. I would rather ditch the boat than ditch the rum ;)

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It looks like I need to carry an extra fuel tank onboard . Mine is 79 gallons but more than twice the weight of my old ar240
@Amar Nanduri It will also have less trouble with the waves. Not trying to discourage you from bringing extra fuel but if you can’t get there on 80 gallons it was too rough to start with.

And if you do run out, I’ll be there two weeks later and can give you a tow.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri It will also have less trouble with the waves. Not trying to discourage you from bringing extra fuel but if you can’t get there on 80 gallons it was too rough to start with.

And if you do run out, I’ll be there two weeks later and can give you a tow.
The way things are going I will mostly end up coming on a boat with a 170 gallon capacity :angelic:

AL-LL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last year, the cabin cruiser with 70 gallons did not even make it half way. They drifted for hours with 8 people on board, were towed in and flew to Bimini.

What model is your boat?
It’s a regal 28 express - 5.7 l engine.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It’s a regal 28 express - 5.7 l engine.
So for comparison, I have a Monterey 302 with twin 5.7's. A good 3' longer, 1'4" wider, and 2,000lbs heavier.
I ran 70 miles from WPB to West End in 2' seas@ 30mph, the last 15 miles in 4' seas at no interval, whitecaps everywhere, it was a washing machine, @ 22mph barely but still on plane, and burned less than 40 gallons.
As long as you can stay on plane you should run fairly fuel efficient. If you can't maintain plane, that's when you get in trouble. And that's also when you shouldn't be out there anyway.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey guys where do you install the cutoff valve incase of towing? I took this pick with 3 possible placements red blue or yellow or is there some place else. And if one of these is correct, how in the world does one get their 66BAD956-4E63-4188-9174-2518B444BC5F.jpeg hands down in there to work while laying across the engines???

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys where do you install the cutoff valve incase of towing? I took this pick with 3 possible placements red blue or yellow or is there some place else. And if one of these is correct, how in the world does one get their View attachment 71295 hands down in there to work while laying across the engines???
Blue would work, w/the red tube going to the flush port. I would mount it to the left of it though - before the Y-connector.
Yes, access sucks.

If you are doing it to prepare for an emergency ONLY and not to permit flushing while in the water, keep in mind that clamping the tube will do, and it does not need to be completely water tight. Just remember to put the throttle (on the stalled engine) in forward - to prevent pressure buildup inside the pump.

Others will chime in, I'm sure. I want to send you some links, but can't now.

--

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Changed our room to 21M (1bd w/loft) because we had some friends cancel on us. On a positive note, anyone looking for a 2 bedroom with loft, ocean front, 21I is available.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Changed our room to 21M (1bd w/loft) because we had some friends cancel on us. On a positive note, anyone looking for a 2 bedroom with loft, ocean front, 21I is available.
Having stayed in 21M twice, you are in for a treat!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Having stayed in 21M twice, you are in for a treat!
Thanks for the heads up Bruce and @Julian , that makes my lady and I a little less anxious. Hard to tell what you're going to get when booking over the phone.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If anyone is busy acquiring necessities for the Bimini trip, like myself, I just wanted to give you a heads up that RTIC Coolers (off brand Yeti style) are on sale currently. I guess they declared a price war on the competition, making them roughly half the price of a Yeti. I managed to snag a 110 which is sold out at the moment but they should have more in stock soon. I watched them sell out twice before buying.

FYI: If you have the 242X or any hinged seat (I assume) the largest cooler you can fit and access fully is the RTIC Soft 40. It works for your regular boating days but the 110 will be much more convenient for those week long trips, though it will not fit under any of your seats. Its unfortunate, even my 192 (unhinged seat cushions) could fit a full size 60qt cooler, and give full access.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If anyone is busy acquiring necessities for the Bimini trip, like myself, I just wanted to give you a heads up that RTIC Coolers (off brand Yeti style) are on sale currently. I guess they declared a price war on the competition, making them roughly half the price of a Yeti. I managed to snag a 110 which is sold out at the moment but they should have more in stock soon. I watched them sell out twice before buying.

FYI: If you have the 242X or any hinged seat (I assume) the largest cooler you can fit and access fully is the RTIC Soft 40. It works for your regular boating days but the 110 will be much more convenient for those week long trips, though it will not fit under any of your seats. Its unfortunate, even my 192 (unhinged seat cushions) could fit a full size 60qt cooler, and give full access.
If a large Rtic cooler sitting out in the cockpit of your boat is a common occurrence it can become a seat if you get a cushion made for it or have a piece of SeaDek cut for the top of it. I have a Rtic 40 hardside and I've considered both options.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@PEARCE that is a great idea, I had not thought about using seadek on the cooler. hmmmm

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Dan this is awesome that you guys are going! Look forward to catching up after you get back. You should come out in 2 weeks with us to Kerr Lake and shake the boat down. April 21st..

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Shannon: Lauren and I can make April 21st work. Just PM me the details when you have them. Fingers crossed it will be as warm and sunny as next weekend is supposed to be.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@PEARCE that is a great idea, I had not thought about using seadek on the cooler. hmmmm
The sell custom seadek for the various Yeti coolers, but I haven't seen it yet for the RTIC ones. I've got an Ozark hard cooler I'd love to get seadek for.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@seanmclean: Looks like the Yeti 110 lid length is roughly 2" longer and width is 2" shorter. I imagine you could make the seadek work with a little trimming?

EDIT: I see they do custom seadek cooler pads, I am going to contact their customer service.

Last edited: