• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just a note on the Hilton, I am not sure that Resorts World has any docks and what they may have are likely to be full.

You may want to make sure that you have two good anchors and plan to anchor offshore in the protected waters then swim to shore.

Resorts World laid off many workers over the winter and it was rumored that they would close this spring. They have reopened for the summer but also have cancelled some event(s).
Another option is just taking a tent for the night....what are the rules about camping on the island for a night? I suppose we could always just sleep on the boat (for us it is just 2 people)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another option is just taking a tent for the night....what are the rules about camping on the island for a night? I suppose we could always just sleep on the boat (for us it is just 2 people)
I am not sure where you would want to camp.

Gun Cay (Honeymoon Harbor) has suitable ground but also has no trespassing signs.

I believe that the mosquito, noseeum and fly populations on North and South Bimini are sufficient that you would not want to camp there.

Sleeping on the boat anchored in shallow water near one of the cays would likely be the best option.

However there are many marinas with small amounts of lodging and docks in North Bimini.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
According to Hilton Resort World marina (just spoke to them), all their docks are fully operational and back in place. Docking there is $5/foot per night (ouch...docking would cost more than my room on Hilton points! LOL)

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will arrive sat morning and load and launch... I would assume by lunch time we will be ready to roll. . If the forecast looks good then we can go sat or sun... My reservations are two days a Bahia mar sat and sun.. And crossing to bimini on monday.. Coming back on sat... Loading up and heading north.!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But if needed we can push hard on friday and be ready to launch first thing in the morning on sat... We can do what ever.. Except cross alone! Lol

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
According to Hilton Resort World marina (just spoke to them), all their docks are fully operational and back in place. Docking there is $5/foot per night (ouch...docking would cost more than my room on Hilton points! LOL)
A guy in the July group is staying at the Hilton for points. He was refused dockage there and is docking at Big Game Club instead. That will not be a fun experience.

I do not have much faith in what Resorts World says. I do agree that their dockage rates are ridiculous.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As far as travel time... We plan on using all day friday to get down there... We tend to leave early in the morning so once we stop the kids have tine to play in the pool and burn off energy.. .

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A guy in the July group is staying at the Hilton for points. He was refused dockage there and is docking at Big Game Club instead. That will not be a fun experience.

I do not have much faith in what Resorts World says. I do agree that their dockage rates are ridiculous.
When you look at their total dock space, doesn't surprise me that they'd run out of docks pretty quickly. That said, when we went over there exploring and when into the Hilton (beautifully done hotel by the way...with a cheap breakfast buffer at the time), their docks were all empty....there might have been 4 boats there. We went over there at the recommendation of the crew from the big Lazarra boat we hooked up with as they like their buffet....we also ran out of sunscreen and so did Bimini Sands! Whoops!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
OK...so post up here your dates/times both ends.....if you plan to depart and return with the group, then you'd list it as follows:

Departing Mon 6/25 6am - Returning Sat 6/30 10am

My times are as follows:

Departing Sun 6/24 11am - Returning Sat 6/30 10am
This got buried....just as a reminder...post up your dates/times in this format and I or Andy will add it to the first post (this is your target date/time--weather may cause changes as we get closer)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Departing Monday 6/25 and returning 6/30.
I assume the usual times? Departing Mon 6/25 6am - Returning Sat 6/30 10am

I'm trying to capture the times especially for those departing on days other than Monday....

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm doing whatever the group is doing. So whatever time that ends up being but foe the sake of this thread yes 6am.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I assume the usual times? Departing Mon 6/25 6am - Returning Sat 6/30 10am

I'm trying to capture the times especially for those departing on days other than Monday....
I'm doing whatever the group is doing. So whatever time that ends up being but foe the sake of this thread yes 6am.
Typically departure has been at 6:00 AM on both ends to catch the best water conditions and optimize use of the day.

This is not my crossing or group but I highly recommend crossing as a group. When individuals cross on their own they take a greater risk. If the boat is experienced then the loss of that boat takes experience away from the crossing group(s). If the boat is inexperienced then the risk is much higher. Please remember that people have died making this crossing.

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Departing Sun 6/24 11am - Returning Sat 6/30 10am

Michy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Michy has registered to captain Pura Vida with a crew of 2 adults and 2 children. They hail from the home port of Fort Lauderdale Fl.

The crew is described as: We are a 4 people family! 2 adults and 2 kids 11-14 , we have two other friends who are already registered and we would like to be in their group! They are @Gadiel and @Cjtita. Thank you.

You can register for the event using the form at
https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-june-25th-to-30th.8/respond for June 25th to 30th
or
https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-july-9th-to-14th.6/respond for July 9th to 14th

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Departing Monday morning with the group; returning Saturday with the group.

Will cross early if the group makes that decision based on conditions.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Will cross early if the weather conditions dictate.

AL-LL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will cross early if the group makes that decision based on conditions.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Will cross early if the weather conditions dictate.