• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Release coming soon!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was told today by a dealer at the Dallas Boat Expo that it will be the 18th. I plan on putting a deposit down that day. Have you heard something different?
I guess you and @AbuAyd are getting rid of the Glastrons in order to prepare for Bimini 2019 !!!!!

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We probably won't see the AR272XSS released in August rumor is that will come in February at the MIB. It will likely look similar to the 240 series boats with a tower similar to the E series but the tower probably will have a hard top instead of a canvas one and will probably come with twin SHO engines. I mean these are all pure guess not like anyone has seen it yet :cool::cool::cool:.
When Yamaha released the FSH "out of cycle" did it show up on the California CARB list that we usually see every year? If it did, then I say we won't see any new boat sizes since no new ones were listed.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When Yamaha released the FSH "out of cycle" did it show up on the California CARB list that we usually see every year? If it did, then I say we won't see any new boat sizes since no new ones were listed.
I don’t recall if the fsh made the california carb list but if I remember correctly none of the supercharged boat models are on the California carb list so this would also not be on that list due to having twin sho engines. It’s not impossible we do not see it this year but feb is the last target date I was told for release.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don’t recall if the fsh made the california carb list but if I remember correctly none of the supercharged boat models are on the California carb list so this would also not be on that list due to having twin sho engines. It’s not impossible we do not see it this year but feb is the last target date I was told for release.
Good point about the supercharged motors. I would love to see Yamaha come out with a bigger boat but I have been hearing these rumors for five years or more - so I am always somewhat skeptical.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good point about the supercharged motors. I would love to see Yamaha come out with a bigger boat but I have been hearing these rumors for five years or more - so I am always somewhat skeptical.
This time it is real I’m usually skeptical as well. I’m not sure they will hit the Feb goal based on some info I have but if not Feb you should see it by next August. They have a prototype they have been testing but as to how far they are from production that I’m still unsure of as I’m still only aware of a single unit exsisting but that doesn’t mean more don’t.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was told today by a dealer at the Dallas Boat Expo that it will be the 18th. I plan on putting a deposit down that day. Have you heard something different?
I saw a post on Facebook where the guy said the non-disclosure expired the 14th.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That dock has some super nice looking padding around it!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nope....they are still mad at us.....think I'll go to the Chaparral and Scarab Media Events though (if they had one). LOL
Just wait, they will eat their words and their hearts out.

Think about it for one second...! Every other serious brand/manufacturer in the world would kill to have community of users like this one! zealously cultivating it, like a garden, rolling out red carpet to the admins, throwing VIP invites - in exchange for relentless testing and moddying reports coming their way - for free...!!!

Pooh-pooh, idiots.

I, for one, am pretty sure this is my last yamaha boat. Hopefully Scarab is getting their $hit together, I still need a jet boat where I live for the next several years, lol.

--

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This definitely my last yamaha. . Not because of yamaha but because we want to go to more of a mini van kinda boat next. . For the price of a new yamaha I can buy a REAL NICE minivan..

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This definitely my last yamaha. . Not because of yamaha but because we want to go to more of a mini van kinda boat next. . For the price of a new yamaha I can buy a REAL NICE minivan..
I would never admit to being a minivan driver. Oh well, guess we'll have to start a minivan forum.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should go ahead and upgrade now this is a smoking deal. @veedubtek and I were talking about buying it as this is almost $30K under the value of the boat. We were going to just leave it in Florida and use it as a floating house down there and then run it deep into the Bahamas next year then bring it back to Charleston SC and sell it. Our conversation of buying it has gone quite so I think we are passing but the survey we saw showed it needed some elbow grease to clean her up some new fittings in various areas to get her back to clean condition and one 12X12 area need a small fiberglass repair. Nothing we saw in that report wasn't something a new owner couldn't do them selves except the fiberglass repair and you would have a boat worth close to $80K for probably in the low $50's maybe even less them that if you can get the price down a little.

https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-silverton-33-convertible-103274969/?refSource=standard listing

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just wait, they will eat their words and their hearts out.

Think about it for one second...! Every other serious brand/manufacturer in the world would kill to have community of users like this one! zealously cultivating it, like a garden, rolling out red carpet to the admins, throwing VIP invites - in exchange for relentless testing and moddying reports coming their way - for free...!!!

Pooh-pooh, idiots.

I, for one, am pretty sure this is my last yamaha boat. Hopefully Scarab is getting their $hit together, I still need a jet boat where I live for the next several years, lol.

--
The problem is its their legal department that are the ones being the idiots, and they tend to hold more sway than the marketing department. I'm pretty certain their marketing guys know just how much free press and good will they get from Jetboaters.net, but their hands are tied because legal is mad at us for suggesting that they might have had a legal issue (this was in a private email-that was only intended to draw attention to a problem we weren't sure they were aware of---and just to be clear we never threatened or even anything close to that...we just said something might be a legal issue...and they had a hissy fit). Although I do enjoy spending my PTO to go to these events...it makes the equation even worse, its not free coverage...it costs me to attend! The boatest/boating mag guys are paid to go to these events by their companies!