• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

Bosticdon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's interesting if it's causing enough drag/interference to change the handling of the boat. Where on the boat did the dealer install the transducer?

I bought a Lowrance Active Imaging 3-in-1 Transducer but have yet to install it. I'm working on a solution to mount it as close to the centerline as possible while keeping it tucked under the boat. The downside is it may end up being the low point of the boat in order to not interfere with the sidescan.

I'm 3D printing a two piece mount that bolts together. One piece will mount to the underside of the boat using two existing bolts, while the other piece mounts to the transducer. I'm still tweaking the design of the top piece but hope to have it in the water soon for testing.

It very well may end up being a spectacular failure, but it's been a fun project so far.

Mounting location
View attachment 173676

Test print to check registration, angle, and alignment
View attachment 173677

Bottom part to attach to transducer
View attachment 173678

First print of "final" bottom design attached to transducer
View attachment 173679
View attachment 173680
Thanks for the quick response. Attached are the photos of where the installer placed the transducer. If your idea works I would be willing to pay for your mounting solution.

Attachments

TexAg-00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
VHF installed.
I'll post a tutorial soon.
Nice!!! I’ll be on the lookout for said tutorial! I’m going to attempt the kicker head unit installation later this week… using your tutorial as a guide.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FSH Trailer Bow Boarding Kit installed.
Very high quality! Love it!
Thanks @JetBoatPilot

20220323_145010.jpg
20220323_145026.jpg

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
FSH Trailer Bow Boarding Kit installed.
Very high quality! Love it!
Thanks @JetBoatPilot

View attachment 174017
View attachment 174018
Looks awesome! How is it from a user perspective? Easy to board now?

Camo13310

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello Everyone!

I am now a boat owner! I just received my Yamaha 252 FSH Sport out of Blackbeard Marine in Oklahoma. This is actually my first boat that I've personally owned but as I child my family had many boats and I'm looking forward to sharing that experience with my two children!

I'm still working through purchasing everything I need before taking it out on the water. Safety equipment life jackets etc. I'm also looking over all the compartments as best I can to ensure everything is safe.

Are there any recommendations for me? I will be posting pictures shortly and I can say it was weird purchasing the boat without ever actually seeing one in person but I can say that I am blown away with the boat. I would only say I'm a little disappointed in it's storage capacity right out the gate but I've been measuring compartments and trying to find bins online that match to place in those compartments and secure them with velcro strips for easy removal etc...

Anyways I'm looking forward to getting in the water and it also took about 8 months from my initial order to receive the boat.

Attachments

Last edited:

TexAg-00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello Everyone!

I am now a boat owner! I just received my Yamaha 252 FSH Sport out of Blackbeard Marine in Oklahoma. This is actually my first boat that I've personally owned but as I child my family had many boats and I'm looking forward to sharing that experience with my two children!

I'm still working through purchasing everything I need before taking it out on the water. Safety equipment life jackets etc. I'm also looking over all the compartments as best I can to ensure everything is safe.

Are there any recommendations for me? I will be posting pictures shortly and I can say it was weird purchasing the boat without ever actually seeing one in person but I can say that I am blown away with the boat. I would only say I'm a little disappointed in it's storage capacity right out the gate but I've been measuring compartments and trying to find bins online that match to place in those compartments and secure them with velcro strips for easy removal etc...

Anyways I'm looking forward to getting in the water and it also took about 8 months from my initial order to receive the boat.
Welcome to the forum! Lots of great people on here… it’s an awesome boat for sure! We’ll help you spend your money ;)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello Everyone!

Welcome!

I think you will find that there is a lot of storage space in the head compartment.. the trick is making that space useable. Hanging organizers, and dry bags will surprise you how much storage space there is. As well the indeck storage compartment in the bow area hods a lot. Again, dry bags are your friend!

Camo13310

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!

I think you will find that there is a lot of storage space in the head compartment.. the trick is making that space useable. Hanging organizers, and dry bags will surprise you how much storage space there is. As well the indeck storage compartment in the bow area hods a lot. Again, dry bags are your friend!
Do you have any recommendations for hanging storage and Organizers?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you have any recommendations for hanging storage and Organizers?
I do not have any suggestions for hanging storage other than you can easily put a clothes hanging bar across the inside of the head compartment like some have done. I mainly use dry bags to store all sorts of things, easy to organize and easy to use.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To add to this, I don’t have a FSH, but in the console of the bow riders some have hung shoe storage hangers for lose ends.

Example - https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072283FXN?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I have one and keep my dive mask there, bug spray, spare sun block, extra dock lines and other items.

I accomplished this by adhering a strip of wood at the top of the locker and then attached the organizer with SS hardware.

I have also heard of “hammocks” that are used on sailboats for items.

Camo13310

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To add to this, I don’t have a FSH, but in the console of the bow riders some have hung shoe storage hangers for lose ends.

Example - https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072283FXN?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I have one and keep my dive mask there, bug spray, spare sun block, extra dock lines and other items.

I accomplished this by adhering a strip of wood at the top of the locker and then attached the organizer with SS hardware.

I have also heard of “hammocks” that are used on sailboats for items.
That's a great idea!

I did order these bins for the storage compartments by the engine bay as it fits within the measurements I took.

Quantum Cross Stack Nest Tub TUB1711-8 - 17-1/4 x 11 x 8 Blue - Pkg Qty 6 | 603118BL - GLOBALindustrial.com

I plan on securing them with velcro. We'll see how they turn out when I get them in.

YamaME-PLEASE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello everyone, new to the forum 🙋🏼‍♂️
Was intrested in purchasing a 252 and just had a question about Yamaha helm joystick.
Is it possible on a jet boat? Or no

anyway that’s not going to stop me from buying one but i just wanted to know thanks

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello everyone, new to the forum 🙋🏼‍♂️
Was intrested in purchasing a 252 and just had a question about Yamaha helm joystick.
Is it possible on a jet boat? Or no

anyway that’s not going to stop me from buying one but i just wanted to know thanks
No joy stick aka helm master on jet boats.

Thor32766

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Zack are you installing the keel guard between the two rollers? Or below the first roller?

Bosticdon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quick question, the past two times I’ve been out fishing I’ve run down my house battery to a level where I’m getting warning message on the Yamaha connect screen. Only thing I’m running is Simrad screen and NMEA 2000 network for my trolling motor. (Trolling motor is running on separate 36v lithium batteries) battery meter drops down to 8V. When I start the boat and ride around for 15-20 min it is displaying 11.5-12v. Then if I start fishing again it quickly drops down back to 8V. I’ve tried charging the battery at my house with a charger and I get the same results. Will display 12.1v then Over the next few hours on the lake while fishing it drops. So that is my problem. My question is do you think I have a dead cell in my battery? Or is this normal? If I replace battery should I replace with a lithium? If I replace with lithium do I have to replace the starter battery with lithium as well? Any suggestions or solutions welcomed!!

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sounds like possibly a bad battery.
I wouldn't take a chance with it.
Just get you a nice deep cycle.

By comparison, my house battery runs my entire sound system for hours while sitting at the sandbar.