• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any chance you can snap a few pics from different angles?
Took these Friday and forgot to post. Forgive the ugly epoxy-patched holes from the previous mount install. I just got some gel coat patch to clean those up.
ShuttleSlide1.jpg
ShuttleSlide2.jpg
ShuttleSlide3.jpg
ShuttleSlide4.jpg

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What makes the factory mount so shit? Is it made from a cheap metal? is it possible to replicate the mount with a stronger material ?

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If anyone is looking for a motorguide hodges marine has them in stock, I received mine today and couldnt be happier with the transaction. I paid with paypal and it shipped in 1 day.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quite a few places have the motorguide in stock. The minn kota's are another story.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What makes the factory mount so shit? Is it made from a cheap metal? is it possible to replicate the mount with a stronger material ?
The aluminum appears to just be too thin. Several folks on this site have just duplicated them out of thicker aluminum.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Installation 90% finished.
I'll post a detailed walkthrough in a few days.

Attachments

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Last edited:

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Bosticdon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quick question for everyone. I have the 255 and been following many of y’all’s projects. Just installed the Motorguide Xi5 on the shuttle slide mount. Now I want to add the Simrad 3 in 1 transducer. Actually my boat shop installed it this past week and took it out yesterday. Not getting any side scan also now the boat is pulling hard to the left. Assuming the mount and transducer is acting as a trim tab. This is my first boat and not sure where to place the transducer and wondering if anyone has placed a transducer on the boat and where you placed it. Pictures would be great. I looked at a few pictures of the 210 and the 195 placing near the keel. Any suggestions?

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quick question for everyone. I have the 255 and been following many of y’all’s projects. Just installed the Motorguide Xi5 on the shuttle slide mount. Now I want to add the Simrad 3 in 1 transducer. Actually my boat shop installed it this past week and took it out yesterday. Not getting any side scan also now the boat is pulling hard to the left. Assuming the mount and transducer is acting as a trim tab. This is my first boat and not sure where to place the transducer and wondering if anyone has placed a transducer on the boat and where you placed it. Pictures would be great. I looked at a few pictures of the 210 and the 195 placing near the keel. Any suggestions?
That's interesting if it's causing enough drag/interference to change the handling of the boat. Where on the boat did the dealer install the transducer?

I bought a Lowrance Active Imaging 3-in-1 Transducer but have yet to install it. I'm working on a solution to mount it as close to the centerline as possible while keeping it tucked under the boat. The downside is it may end up being the low point of the boat in order to not interfere with the sidescan.

I'm 3D printing a two piece mount that bolts together. One piece will mount to the underside of the boat using two existing bolts, while the other piece mounts to the transducer. I'm still tweaking the design of the top piece but hope to have it in the water soon for testing.

It very well may end up being a spectacular failure, but it's been a fun project so far.

Mounting location
IMG_7713.jpeg

Test print to check registration, angle, and alignment
IMG_7759.jpeg

Bottom part to attach to transducer
Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 4.19.32 PM.png

First print of "final" bottom design attached to transducer
IMG_7847.jpeg
IMG_7848.jpeg

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Guess what my weekend project is.
You mounting your VHF radio up there?

I keep meaning to take that panel off mine and peek behind it. I've thought about putting a couple of speakers up there so I can hear my jams while running.