• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pretty sure we're going to spring for an upgrade to an FSH 252 next year from our 195. Look forward to reading through all your upgrade info. Any regret not going with the 255 E?

tbullion

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just put a down payment on the 2023 252 FSH over the weekend. We'll see how long it takes for the dealership to get it in.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finally!
I've been wanting these Fishing Reel mats since I first saw them in the original teasers for the boat.
I installed one on each side of the boat, cleaning the hull with isopropyl first.
Mine are Titanium Grey/Black Brushed Laser.
Thanks @JetBoatPilot!

20220905_074750.jpg 20220905_075910.png

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finally!
I've been wanting these Fishing Reel mats since I first saw them in the original teasers for the boat.
I installed one on each side of the boat, cleaning the hull with isopropyl first.
Mine are Titanium Grey/Black Brushed Laser.
Thanks @JetBoatPilot!

View attachment 187364 View attachment 187367
I think those just got added to the winter work list!

Love the Shimano reel covers! I have them for my Shimano Tekota 600 LC reels. After just one summer I can see fading / sun bleaching of a couple of the covers, that would have been on the reel or the line if it weren’t for the covers. I have Dr. Fish covers for my spinning reels.

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Fish-Fishing-Spinning-Neoprene-Holder/dp/B098T96H98/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3CN7IITO7C240&keywords=dr+fish+reel+covers&qid=1666528661&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjAwIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ==&sprefix=Dr+fish+reel+,aps,145&sr=8-2&th=1

Bjensen24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Taking the 252 FSH to Nassau and Exumas June 13th thru 18th from Ft Lauderdale. Going to be a real sea trial. I'll update on trip once we get back.
Very interested in how it went. I have a 22 252 and we have a trip to Nassau and Exumas planned for may 5-12 of 23. And even though I think I have it all planned would love to hear how yours went! Maybe I’m missing something.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very interested in how it went. I have a 22 252 and we have a trip to Nassau and Exumas planned for may 5-12 of 23. And even though I think I have it all planned would love to hear how yours went! Maybe I’m missing something.
The poster bkeenan hasn’t been around since september … might want to PM him to see if he responds.

EastonRob

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just wrapped up our first season with the FSH 255. After one initial hiccup at the beginning of the season (battery related), it ran mostly flawlessly all season and we really enjoyed it. My wife and I caught a bunch of stripers/rockfish in October (aka, "Rocktober" here in the Chesapeake). While our youngest daughter was living here with us this summer she loved going out wakesurfing, so I spent a fair amount of time with her burning holes in the river at 9 mph. Probably need to get one of those wave shaping devices. Good times.

The only things I didn't love as much:
1. The price of ethanol-free, high-octane gas this summer, and how much $$ I spent just getting out to the fishing reefs :eek:. Is what it is I guess.

2. The consistent stalling of the starboard engine after cold-start. It was really bad today as I was getting it ready to take it over to the boat ramp to haul it out. I hadn't had it out in a couple of weeks, and we did get some really cold weather the last couple of days. Port engine stalled twice, I think, before it stabilized and idled. During normal summer operation port never stall and starboard might stall once.

Possible add-ons/projects for next season: wave-shaper/ballast bags, noise reduction of engine compartment, a couple of additional electronics w/NMEA setup.

Hope everyone had a good boating season!

Bjensen24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Considering selling my 2022 fsh 252 have a ton of upgrades more than I want to type right now but interested in seeing what I can get out of it. Full stereo upgrade pics are on here somewhere. Halo 20+ radar and vhf with ais. Hs60 gps nmea 2000 backbone Rgb lights in all speakers active 3n1 transducer jl audio amps and sub with jl rgb controller. Dual stereo remotes one transom and one in the bow. Spot light marine Matt for swim platform and fishruler I’m sure I’m missing stuff. Sealed up any leaks that came from factory and tightened all screws nuts bolts exc.

Attachments

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Considering selling my 2022 fsh 252 have a ton of upgrades more than I want to type right now but interested in seeing what I can get out of it. Full stereo upgrade pics are on here somewhere. Halo 20+ radar and vhf with ais. Hs60 gps nmea 2000 backbone Rgb lights in all speakers active 3n1 transducer jl audio amps and sub with jl rgb controller. Dual stereo remotes one transom and one in the bow. Spot light marine Matt for swim platform and fishruler I’m sure I’m missing stuff. Sealed up any leaks that came from factory and tightened all screws nuts bolts exc.
Post up with location and price in the classifieds. Nice boat!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just took the cover off the boat for the first time this season.
It's been covered since September.

Inside of boat looks factory new.
I'm super impressed by the mooring cover.
Highly recommend it for anyone who buys an FSH.

Didn't charge batteries or anything. Engines fired right up. Oil looks great. 70% fuel.
Ready for a new boating season!

EastonRob

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good to know, Zack. Maybe I'll use the cover next year instead of paying $375 to have it shrink-wrapped. Although we do get snow here (not this year apparently).

Happy boating!

EastonRob

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Throwing this out there because I think it's been discussed before for those that like to do their own wrenching: FSH 252/255 Service Manual.

I noticed that YAMAHA MANUAL STORE now has the service manual available, but if you put in model year 2021 (like mine) it still does not show up. Use model year 2022 and there it is. I just received mine, and I believe/hope/assume there's no material difference between 2021 and 2022.

Nick255FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey guys! I just recently picked up a Simrad 3 in 1 transducer. Was looking to see if any of you have one and where you placed the transducer? Did you just disconnect the the through hole transducer and leave it place?

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So the teeth broke in my trailer jack.
Looks like it developed rust on the inside even though I thoroughly rinse everything out. It was greased recently.

I found this one at my local marine dealer, and I could not be happier.
It is way beefer, lifts 2500lbs, and has a monster wheel.
Plus now I can really crank up the front of the boat to drain water!

I put the same one on my buddies SX210 the next day, worked great.

Attachments

Last edited: