• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

JEFSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Congrats! I just picked up the same one and am heading out to St. Augustine this weekend for the maiden voyage (besides lake test run with dealer). The power is insane!

Kevin Barry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok I found something I have no clue about! Was searching through every compartment for something I had stowed and taped to the back wall inside my glove compartment was a key! Not a standard key but a round type that doesn’t seem to fit anything I can find. Any ideas on what it is?
Get some Thrust Vectors installed.
Best thing you'll ever buy for it.
which ones would you recommend for 252fsh , also if I wanted to wakesurf , what would you recommend for a setup ?

Kevin Barry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is it normal for water to fill up in the port clean outs . I’ve went out twice and both times they fill 3/4 the way up . They seem locked in place .. idk anybody have any idea ?

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is it normal for water to fill up in the port clean outs . I’ve went out twice and both times they fill 3/4 the way up . They seem locked in place .. idk anybody have any idea ?
yes, completely normal. just remember to pull and drain then when you return.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I got my 255 today and immediately got it out on the gulf. To say I was blown away is an understatement. The thing just cuts through surf like a hot knife through butter. Had it out in the gulf in 1-2' and not a single drop of water on the windshield. Took it back water through some of the 10,000 islands and was gliding over backwater with the fish finder showing 1.7 ft. Love it!!!
Thanks for the write up! Glad to see the new hull that Yamaha talked about is delivering on the off shore capability!

I see you’ve got minnows in the forward live well…. Did you catch any fish to break it in??

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
normal. Yes.
But we don’t have to like it. My 190 never did.

mine fill every time out and then drain significant water and I think additional amounts seep into engine compartment. Sucks.

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Thanks for the write up! Glad to see the new hull that Yamaha talked about is delivering on the off shore capability!

I see you’ve got minnows in the forward live well…. Did you catch any fish to break it in??
My kids caught a few snappers and had one really nice snook hooked up but lost it at the boat. Great time!

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
update now that I’ve had my 252 for about 2 months.
Top speed 45ish on smooth water. Boat pulls a wakeboard no problem. Tubing for smaller kids is great, not too much whip but jet spray is still a nuisance with standard length ropes. Can’t whip and throw the older kids near as well as my 242, but I like the trade off since I couldn’t fish out of my 242 either. The Simrad graph is great, but would have preferred the choice of Lowrance or Hummingbird to connect to the trolling motor. The storage under the back seats is useless as anything back there falls into the engine compartment. I built boxes out of 1/2” thick cutting board material and Velcro’d in place. They work great. I’ll post a couple pictures. I wish the rod storage had a cover as too many hooks begging for skin when you’re not fishing so if anyone knows a good solution I’d love to see it. Fresh water and raw water wash down is pretty weak, but it will wash off blood and light dirt. Won’t clean a muddy anchor however. Pics of the storage boxes I built attached. Love the boat, already filled both live wells more than once with sandies, stripers, and hybrids.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
update now that I’ve had my 252 for about 2 months.
Top speed 45ish on smooth water. Boat pulls a wakeboard no problem. Tubing for smaller kids is great, not too much whip but jet spray is still a nuisance with standard length ropes. Can’t whip and throw the older kids near as well as my 242, but I like the trade off since I couldn’t fish out of my 242 either. The Simrad graph is great, but would have preferred the choice of Lowrance or Hummingbird to connect to the trolling motor. The storage under the back seats is useless as anything back there falls into the engine compartment. I built boxes out of 1/2” thick cutting board material and Velcro’d in place. They work great. I’ll post a couple pictures. I wish the rod storage had a cover as too many hooks begging for skin when you’re not fishing so if anyone knows a good solution I’d love to see it. Fresh water and raw water wash down is pretty weak, but it will wash off blood and light dirt. Won’t clean a muddy anchor however. Pics of the storage boxes I built attached. Love the boat, already filled both live wells more than once with sandies, stripers, and hybrids.
I use these KastKing lure wraps, they work great.

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I took my 252 FSH on its maiden voyage yesterday on the Indian/Banana River in central FL. I absolutely love the boat although it does have a couple of things that I need to address. The steering really is sluggish at slow speeds. You need to think a couple of seconds ahead when below 10mph. One of the vector thrust kits is in my near future to remedy this. The port engine lever likes to "walk back" reducing rpms even in cruise assist. This requires you to keep a hand on it while on your way. And as Zackdadams made clear in earlier posts, the sound system is basically useless unless the engines are off. Even at full volume I couldn't even tell it was playing above around 3000 rpm. Plus the boat didn't magically make me a better fisherman. 🤷‍♂️

Those small issues aside, it's a great boat and everyone had a fantastic time. I have zero buyer's remorse. We're planning one taking it offshore out of Sebastian Inlet this weekend if the weather cooperates. My weekend productivity just took a nosedive. :)

Attachments

Ccarhart52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Welp, we got a call from the dealer and we are now getting a 2022 model after being told for 3 months ours is coming in. It is expected mid July to mid August only difference is $10k price increase… we pre ordered Sept 2020.

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I took my 252 FSH on its maiden voyage yesterday on the Indian/Banana River in central FL. I absolutely love the boat although it does have a couple of things that I need to address. The steering really is sluggish at slow speeds. You need to think a couple of seconds ahead when below 10mph. One of the vector thrust kits is in my near future to remedy this. The port engine lever likes to "walk back" reducing rpms even in cruise assist. This requires you to keep a hand on it while on your way. And as Zackdadams made clear in earlier posts, the sound system is basically useless unless the engines are off. Even at full volume I couldn't even tell it was playing above around 3000 rpm. Plus the boat didn't magically make me a better fisherman. 🤷‍♂️

Those small issues aside, it's a great boat and everyone had a fantastic time. I have zero buyer's remorse. We're planning one taking it offshore out of Sebastian Inlet this weekend if the weather cooperates. My weekend productivity just took a nosedive. :)
Amazing you mention the port throttle, mine does the same thing but it can be adjusted to correct it. My 242 LS did the same thing. Also I got a Yamaha safety recall yesterday on the boat. Basically it said they may have hit a wire when drilling near the fuel tank and it could cause a fire. Mine is at the shop getting it handled today.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My dealer tightened up the port throttle during the 10 hour servicing.

It's working tremendously better now.
Cruising across the gulf yesterday at 35 in 2 ft chop, the throttles stayed in sync.

In other news, probably going to add a couple kicker pods on center console.
Sound system really nice for front listeners, but rear can't hear much.
Or may just replace tower speakers, add an amp, make them zone 2.

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
How do you adjust the throttle? My STBD likes to bump back slightly leaving anywhere from a 500-1500 gap in RPM's when not using Ride Steady for engine sync.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

1/8th to 1/4 turn on the tension adjuster for the port throttle will have it stating put. There is a small access panel on the bottom of the throttle housing that you pop off and you will see the tension adjusting screws they are a flat blade screw, clockwise increases tension. I have started setting the rpms on my 210 at 6000 and use the cruise assist switch to speed up or slow down.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How do you adjust the throttle? My STBD likes to bump back slightly leaving anywhere from a 500-1500 gap in RPM's when not using Ride Steady for engine sync.
I push the throttles full forward then walk them back into synch and they stay put, then use cruise assist to adjust from there.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I ordered this really cool new anchor that fits in the 5 gallon bucket.

It seems to be only rated for boats up to 22 ft but as a secondary anchor when I'm sitting at the sandbar it's working pretty good.

If I were going to stay overnight I would probably bring a third larger anchor but for these little island trips it works perfectly.

Attachments

peerpr3sur

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me how the 252 handles in the open Atlantic. I live on the NC coast and getting really close to placing an order for a 2022. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
I just had mine out off Tybee Island last week. It handled great! Swells were around 4 ft with 2ish ft intervals and she did fine. The wife and daughter moved to the backseats but besides that it was good.