• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Took mine out for the second time yesterday. I launched from Ballard Park in Melbourne FL, drove south to Sebastian Inlet, then out to the wide Atlantic. The boat did great and everyone had a blast. Trolled and bottom fished but only had one keeper in the end. A Minn Kota would have been ideal for parking over reefs instead of guesstimating anchoring positions to drift back over the fishing spots.
Those are some great photo’s right there! Well done!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took mine out for the second time yesterday. I launched from Ballard Park in Melbourne FL, drove south to Sebastian Inlet, then out to the wide Atlantic. The boat did great and everyone had a blast. Trolled and bottom fished but only had one keeper in the end. A Minn Kota would have been ideal for parking over reefs instead of guesstimating anchoring positions to drift back over the fishing spots.
That is a great looking boat.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anybody happen to install trailer guide post yet on these 6” beam trailers? Looking for longer u bolts
Yes. I purchased black 60" kit from West Marine, then grabbed some i beam brackets from local marine supply.

I also just ordered some soft covers for them.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jdgars

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Anyone installed noco charger and ac port yet? Trying to decide exactly where I want to mount the ac port at

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone installed noco charger and ac port yet? Trying to decide exactly where I want to mount the ac port at
I was going to install one of those, but honestly the alternator on the boat is so good that I have not had to charge the batteries for the past three trips, even running my sound system with amplifiers for five six hours at a time during Island trips.

That being said I'll probably eventually do it because it's a little bit of a pain to get into the battery compartment to stick a battery charger on it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don’t have a 252, just a 210, mine is mounted on the center console above the vertical rod holders, totally out of the way and easy to get to.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
NMEA 2000 network installed.
I attached a screenshot of what audio looks like on the Simrad.
It's pretty nice!
It gives full access to the EQ and zone controls, subwoofer etc.

I also connected it to our Connext screen, but it's not showing up as a device on the Simrad so Yamaha may have it disabled.

Attachments

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don’t have a 252, just a 210, mine is mounted on the center console above the vertical rod holders, totally out of the way and easy to get to.
I installed in the same location on my 255. I agree with Zak, it’s not needed for the house batteries but I installed it for my charger for my trolling motor batteries which are housed in the changing room.

TravisP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Can anyone provide pictures and\or exact model number of the "thru-hull" transducer on the 252 or 255? Is it a true "thru-hull" or a "shoot thru hull"?

TravisP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
8’ antenna, the upper compartment roof is super thin. No way you could put an antenna up there without damaging the roof from the stress forces. I had to reinforce it with a piece of marine ply painted with epoxy, that’s the 4 bolts you see with fender washers. That thing ain’t going anywhere
This is pretty surprising. Yamaha claimed the top to be "outrigger ready". Can anyone else comment? Radar and a big VHF antenna are a must for me...

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can anyone provide pictures and\or exact model number of the "thru-hull" transducer on the 252 or 255? Is it a true "thru-hull" or a "shoot thru hull"?
My 252 came with a thru-hull Arimar B148-20. It's mounted in the engine bay, just starboard of center.

Attachments

TexAg-00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone felt the need to add a backup/secondary bilge pump? That’s something else I’ve been considering…

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
1626709405592.png
This may have already been discussed on here, but I was disappointed that the boat did NOT actually come with the built in sound system control pad pictured on the website below the Simrad screen. I believe it was also in the videos on the spec model. Does anyone know where I could get one of these for install? Trying to control things on the touch screen is next to impossible while moving. Thanks in advance.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm not sure if you can hook a second one to the screen, since the rear of the boat has the control panel.

But I'm about to remove mine from the rear to install a Kicker for my new head unit, so I'll sell you this one if you want?

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Based on your posts, you know a heck of a lot more about this than I do. If you can confirm that a second one can be hooked to the screen, I'd be interested in buying it. I just know it's harder than heck to control it from the screen while cruising.

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is pretty surprising. Yamaha claimed the top to be "outrigger ready". Can anyone else comment? Radar and a big VHF antenna are a must for me...
I have antenna installed with no problem. Another guy that I nobody to 55 and has an antenna and a radar installed and hasn’t had any issues.

Jdgars

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I'm not sure if you can hook a second one to the screen, since the rear of the boat has the control panel.

But I'm about to remove mine from the rear to install a Kicker for my new head unit, so I'll sell you this one if you want?
Does the kicker and the factory control require the same size hole to be mounted? I see the kicker is round and the factory is more oval.

Jdgars

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I don't know yet. I haven't attempted the install.
Crazy busy with work right now.
10-4. Just ordered the kicker unit and that remote and got to thinking about it lol