• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha Boat Updates

kbell413

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have had a deposit down on a 2022 255XE for about 4 months now. Dealer called me this week to get my color selection. While on the phone he said I was lucky that Yamaha picked up my order. He had over 30 people to call and tell them their boats were being pushed to 2023 so this shortage seems it'll be here a while. $101k OTD including a mooring cover and NH registration. No sales tax in NH so that keeps price down a little for me.

tdowney1966

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275E
Boat Length
Does anyone have any ideas as to when Yamaha will start to release the 2022 boat line, colors, etc or even update their website to such info.
This last weds

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

mspis65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Honestly I leave mine unplugged. The amount of power they offer is almost nothing.
Thanks for that. I have a music loving family and was concerned about how long they would stream music before killing my battery. I was hopeful that the solar panel would help that.
Any idea how long you can play music before the battery runs dead? (obviously with the engine off...lol)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did they give you any reason or rationale behind that?
No, but I didn't ask. I'd have to talk to a Product Manager for that level of info. Guesses would be:
  1. Parts availability
  2. Cost savings
  3. Parts reliability
Or a combination of all of the above.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks for that. I have a music loving family and was concerned about how long they would stream music before killing my battery. I was hopeful that the solar panel would help that.
Any idea how long you can play music before the battery runs dead? (obviously with the engine off...lol)
I upgraded my battery since I have aftermarket stereo. With factory system and a deep cycle battery you should get an easy day out of it.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I just asked my dealer that. He’s got my 2022 252sd blue on hold for me. Im heading down tomorrow to check it out. Will let you know.
PICTURES. PICTURES. PICTURES. Pictures of everything!!!! CONGRATS!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
On all boats even the 255XD’s?
That'll be a good one to find out the answer to. The brochure states the 255XE and 255XD have an 'Extended Bimini Top with Sunroof & Integrated Solar Panels' but none of the pictures of the 255XE or 255XD on the Yamaha website show the solar panel on top of the bimini or the wiring harness on the underside of the bimini.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Based on past boats (e.g. 2021 275 series that have Yacht Blue and Black Cherry boats), I guess the Yacht Blue will get the cool gray interior and the Black Cherry will get the warm brown interior.

A 6% increase would put the 252SE MSRP around $84K (from $79K) and the 252SD MSRP around $88K (from $83K). Expensive, but not totally unexpected. A 10%+ jump on these higher priced boats (e.g. 25 and 27 footers) will be a tough pill to swallow. May be able to get away with it in the 19 footers.
Just because it’s priced higher doesn’t make it immune from the increase. Supplies across all industries, such as steel, aluminum, polyethylene and paper are ALL up OVER 50%. Steel is up over 100% since this time last year and polyethylene is up 90% with more increases projected.

Not only will all the models go up this year, they will almost certainly go up next year too. Pricing will not return to pre-pandemic levels or even close to it. Finished goods have not even come close to seeing the increases where they will settle at. The supply cost is continually affecting overall cost final prices have yet to catch up.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But as Supply and Demand change, discounts and specials will return. $10k off the MSRP, or 10% off, etc. as an example When that will occur is anyone's guess. Also if more and more used boats hit the market that are recent model years and gently used, it will put pressure on possible Manufacturer Discounts of off MSRP or items being thrown in, etc. Next spring/summer could be a good guage of where things are going.

When big ticket items like this increase at this inflated rate and incomes aren't inline, sooner or later it all catches up.

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
But as Supply and Demand change, discounts and specials will return. $10k off the MSRP, or 10% off, etc. as an example When that will occur is anyone's guess. Also if more and more used boats hit the market that are recent model years and gently used, it will put pressure on possible Manufacturer Discounts of off MSRP or items being thrown in, etc. Next spring/summer could be a good guage of where things are going.

When big ticket items like this increase at this inflated rate and incomes aren't inline, sooner or later it all catches up.
What Hangoutdoors said ^ exactly right. It's not a matter of "if" the ballon looses it's air, it's a matter of "when" and whether is slowly deflates of just simply pops. I suspect next fall will be a absolute hayday for used boat buyers. When things get back to normal, all things get back to normal.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What Hangoutdoors said ^ exactly right. It's not a matter of "if" the ballon looses it's air, it's a matter of "when" and whether is slowly deflates of just simply pops. I suspect next fall will be a absolute hayday for used boat buyers. When things get back to normal, all things get back to normal.
I'll be ready when people are ready to offload their boats for cheap lol.

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The important thing is to remember how your dealer treated you during this and reward him if it was good. When I got my early release 2021, I got the 2020 price, a "reasonable" freight and prep charge, a few freebies, Winter Storage, A full tank of gas and a discount on anything else that I wanted to buy. They made a nice profit on the deal, but it was a very fair deal considering the supply situation. My dad always said, "Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered". If they would have played some of the games I've seen posted on this site, They would have never seen my face in their store again! But based on how they treated me, they are the first stop for all my Yamaha needs.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think we are beginning to see a small price drop on used boats, at least with the private sellers. I find some late model boats being listed for at, or slightly below MSRP for that specific boat. While prices would definately be lower in a "normal" environment, at least some sellers are no longer trying to recoup high dealer prep fees or crazy mark-ups on their boats, like we were seeing just a few months ago. These are the boats that will likely quickly sell, while other boats sit.

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be ready when people are ready to offload their boats for cheap lol.
Yeah man, I am with you. Reached out to my dealer and I was going to put a deposit down on an 25' FSH yesterday and just keep getting bumped in line till the spring. I ran all the numbers, it is a lot of money for us, specially with two more heading off to college in the next 2 years and 4 years. All things being equal, if the market ever pops I would be upside down big time, I would have to finance something with that price tag, pretty deep. Plus I have a boat so it makes it a bit easier not to jump the gun. But boy are they nice boats.

Figure I will just pay ours off rapidly and then see where everything goes.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah man, I am with you. Reached out to my dealer and I was going to put a deposit down on an 25' FSH yesterday and just keep getting bumped in line till the spring. I ran all the numbers, it is a lot of money for us, specially with two more heading off to college in the next 2 years and 4 years. All things being equal, if the market ever pops I would be upside down big time, I would have to finance something with that price tag, pretty deep. Plus I have a boat so it makes it a bit easier not to jump the gun. But boy are they nice boats.

Figure I will just pay ours off rapidly and then see where everything goes.
I would love to catch a FSH210 under 30k. Probably hopeful wishing, but I will need a center console to rent out.