• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SE Taking on LOT'S of Water

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Went out today, stopped at the sandbar and bilge was going steady. Finally came in and dropped the plug... zero water. I think it’s the anchor locker issue personally.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I just watched the video “YJA”. Thank you for that. I haven’t received my boat yet so I wasn’t quite understanding the posts regarding the anchor locker drain. Is it just me or is that drain hole just a bad idea all around? If there was NO hole through the hull at all, would the drain into the bilge not work just fine for those times you weighed anchor and put it back with wet rope? Would it not drain and dry anyway? Has anyone just blocked the hole through the hull? Am I missing something ?

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Yes it should just drain to the bilge. Yamaha has basically drilled a hole through the hull about 1” above the waterline and basically just left it open. That fitting they put in there is total crap

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This has been an issue with some other Yamaha models for years here on the forum. For them to say nobody has brought it to their attention and they do not have a fix is ludicrous. Somebody lied to you. They know about it. They are just too lazy/cheap to use the correct fitting or do a correct sealing job on what they install. Customers should not need to do this on day 1 of ownership. An anchor locker thru hull, above the waterline, should be self bailing/draining by design/build and not leak into the bilge area below. And furthermore, I can't believe the QC people did not find a disconnected hose at the bilge pump thru hull. Time for Yamaha to take out the trash and stop dropping it in customers laps to fix. Shame.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So I just looked in the anchor locker of my new 252SD I took it out last weekend for the first 2hr break in. No water when I pulled the plug and the bilge never ran to my knowledge. Anyways I just looked at the through plug and it looks like shit I am surprised that I didn’t have water in the boat. Anyways I was wondering if you had a parts list for what I need to fix this I know you said a smaller pass through do you know the exact size I need to buy also the 5200 seal I think that’s what you called it in the video anything special with that can you pick it up at home-depot or west marine? Thank you for taking the time to make a video for the rest of us!! And for those still waiting on there 252’s they are really nice I can’t wait to use the boat more.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
i just emailed my dealer today to double check that during my PDI ... but I’m taking notes too If anyone is kind enough to respond to @Danrich

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So I just looked in the anchor locker of my new 252SD I took it out last weekend for the first 2hr break in. No water when I pulled the plug and the bilge never ran to my knowledge. Anyways I just looked at the through plug and it looks like shit I am surprised that I didn’t have water in the boat. Anyways I was wondering if you had a parts list for what I need to fix this I know you said a smaller pass through do you know the exact size I need to buy also the 5200 seal I think that’s what you called it in the video anything special with that can you pick it up at home-depot or west marine? Thank you for taking the time to make a video for the rest of us!! And for those still waiting on there 252’s they are really nice I can’t wait to use the boat more.
I don’t have a parts list as my dealer went to west marine to find the fitting. As for the 5200, it is the preferred epoxy for thru hull fittings around here. It can be picked up at any boat supply stores.

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I don’t have a parts list as my dealer went to west marine to find the fitting. As for the 5200, it is the preferred epoxy for thru hull fittings around here. It can be picked up at any boat supply stores.
Awesome thank you for getting back to us. I will have to go the west marine and just buy a few different ones. One a side note totally unrelated have you found an anchor that fits the anchor locker well yet? I bought one but don’t like it very much. Thanks again!!

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length

For the anchor locker you need a stainless 3/8” thru hull fitting and some sealant. 5200,4200,etc.

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
For the anchor locker you need a stainless 3/8” thru hull fitting and some sealant. 5200,4200,etc.
Will the 3/8 work without removing the factory thru hull? I think I would rather just find one that will slip through the one already there like in OP’s video but if I can’t find one I will definitely go stainless. Thank you

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
No you pull out the factory one. It pops right out. You dont leave the factory one in there. That doesnt even make sense to do that. There is no drilling though. The 3/8 fits right in the factory hole. Pop out the plastic tube and insert the stainless one.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Even a blind squirrel gets the nut, or finds the nut, or busts a nut, or something like that 👍

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Danrich I used a much easier , faster , and cheaper fix !! Don't remove anything. Go to Lowes and get the attached. It is 3/8 OD PVC like material. Cut off about a 4" piece and slide in the 3/8 ID factory "drain"from the outside. Then go into the anchor locker and apply 5200 liberally around the base where it comes thru the hull. Allow to cure the cut off flush on the inside. NO more water intrusion and total expense of under $3 (if you already had the 5200) ?

Last edited:

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I might try that. I ordered the stainless steel part but it is stuck in customs in China.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
didnt you just get it from amazon? its in stock there. shows i can have it in 2 days

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
5200 is a polyurethane adhesive sealant NOT an epoxy