• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

27' new Yamaha model 275 jet boat to be unveil Thursday at the Miami Boat Show

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Damn I will be out of town in meetings at the time can someone record it and post the recording back lol.
@Julian mentioned he'd be posting up the links. Although it will be live at 9:25am ET I'm sure it will be available to view afterwards.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I heard a new spec released for the 2020 275x. It has a 500 gallon hard ballast down the middle of the hull.

It surfs like a mofo, until you burn all the fuel out of it in 2.5hrs!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you think it will have now thrusters? Maybe the 24 footers will have them in the future also if this one gets it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you think it will have now thrusters? Maybe the 24 footers will have them in the future also if this one gets it.
I would think the new 2019 style pumps, their major new redesign. So yes, they have lateral thruster reverse.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian mentioned he'd be posting up the links. Although it will be live at 9:25am ET I'm sure it will be available to view afterwards.
The thought that Yamaha didn’t bother to actually arrange (not to mention give money) to have this event streamed here is just f@cking mind boggling.
IMO of course, lol.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I heard a new spec released for the 2020 275x. It has a 500 gallon hard ballast down the middle of the hull.

It surfs like a mofo, until you burn all the fuel out of it in 2.5hrs!
A more legitimate jet surf boat really has my interest. Yamaha thus far has played around with the quality of the wave, but mostly ignored the most important part, quantity (mass/push) of the wave (no replacement for displacement!). If they are adding 4000 pounds of in hull ballast they should be a little more competitive with v-drives. I know Yamaha has recently been reverse engineering some dedicated surf boats, so I'm really excited for the outcome.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A more legitimate jet surf boat really has my interest. Yamaha thus far has played around with the quality of the wave, but mostly ignored the most important part, quantity (mass/push) of the wave (no replacement for displacement!). If they are adding 4000 pounds of in hull ballast they should be a little more competitive with v-drives. I know Yamaha has recently been reverse engineering some dedicated surf boats, so I'm really excited for the outcome.
I agree but I bet this new 27’ is more of a cruiser style, it may or may not throw a better surf wave than the best behind the current 240/242s (with custom ballast and wake wedge).
More likely in my view a dedicated wake jet boat is in the works.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The thought that Yamaha didn’t bother to actually arrange (not to mention give money) to have this event streamed here is just f@cking mind boggling.
IMO of course, lol.

You’re surprised and Why would they? The vocal majority on here have trashed it the moment there was a peep about it and second guessing everything they do based purely on speculation and biased opinions of their point of view of the boating market.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree but I bet this new 27’ is more of a cruiser style, it may or may not throw a better surf wave than the best behind the current 240/242s (with custom ballast and wake wedge).
More likely in my view a dedicated wake jet boat is in the works.
It may have 50 more gallons of fuel weighing it down... at least for an hour or two.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You’re surprised and Why would they? The vocal majority on here have trashed it the moment there was a peep about it and second guessing everything they do based purely on speculation and biased opinions of their point of view of the boating market.
Yamaha has quietly introduced numerous improvements discussed here, such as steering enhancements w/articulating keel, scooper modifications, reverse nozzles w/ lateral thrusters etc. They know the AR240 tower locks are a disaster but even their own dealers tell them that so they don’t need this forum.

This forum runs on about 90% enthusiasm and perhaps 10% no-bullshit-criticism, albeit can be harsh at times. As far as their approach, if they cannot take the criticism along with the enthusiasm, they are certainly not helping themselves long term.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You’re surprised and Why would they?
Actually, yes I’m shocked.
Most brands would kill for an access to a dedicated customer window.
This forum is such a window. They either take it for granted or they are offended because (unlike, say, boattests.com) it is not all gushing praise here...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The forum is all about jet boats and anything to do with them. So if Yamaha is introducing a new boat...thats news and we'll link the news regardless of our relationship with each Manufacturer. We do like to get information when ever we can, and will continue to strive for early media info whenever possible so we can bring that to you in a timely fashion!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I only have 2 questions:

1. How much ballast am I going to have to put on this thing to make it surf

2. How long will the new wake wedge bar have to be.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How long will it take to kick those side wings off while boarding......

And the tower is fixed.......

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How long will it take to kick those side wings off while boarding......
Me...first time...or I'd hook one with my foot and wind up in the drink. Wonder if they actually serve a purpose.
I just noticed "galley area" in the text?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is this going to be the FSH debacle and shortly we'll be asked by Yamaha to take those images down, you know, to promote goodwill between our groups,

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can't unsee it ;)

I'm guessing DRiVE is a version of the RiDE system from the Waverunner line.

Last edited: