• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

About that new E-Series bimini top .....

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Agreed, or people who never want the bimini open and covering the boat for shade. We only get so many sunny/warm days up here, we want all the vitamin D we can get!

Totally get this. Have boated quite a bit with extended family in MN, and never with shade.
But, the vast majority of these boats are in very sunny places, where shade is a premium.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Totally get this. Have boated quite a bit with extended family in MN, and never with shade.
But, the vast majority of these boats are in very sunny places, where shade is a premium.
Never used our Bimini up north, now we never go out without it!

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd like to be able to tow with my tower folded down, but apparently it should not be done. With all that extra height I'd never fit this for storage. As it is, I have to lower the tower and remove the tower light to fit the boat under my car port on the side of my house.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'd like to be able to tow with my tower folded down, but apparently it should not be done. With all that extra height I'd never fit this for storage. As it is, I have to lower the tower and remove the tower light to fit the boat under my car port on the side of my house.
Lift the car port (Marine answer almost always starts with, 'we just need a bigger hammer'). ;-)

If you need to tow with the tower down, I would study how Yamaha ships them to the dealers. What do they do to protect.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lift the car port (Marine answer almost always starts with, 'we just need a bigger hammer'). ;-)

If you need to tow with the tower down, I would study how Yamaha ships them to the dealers. What do they do to protect.
Ha! Good one. Actually I did raise the carport 7" on the low side. Next year I'll raise the side attached to the house.
I don't really NEED to tow with the tower down as much as WANT to tow with it down if given the option. I will try to find more info on how they ship them, good idea!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is super helpful and interesting at the same time. Looks like there is a bar or bracket of some kind forcing the tower to stay in the down position. I think I have two brackets that may be these units or similar. I wonder of Yamaha approves of towing with the tower down if these are used, since they do it for shipping? Good lead though, thank you @Bill D .