• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

About to Buy the FSH 252 Sport - Change my mind

simplesolid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello guys, I am about to pull the trigger on the FHS 252, it is a very pricey purchase and plan to keep it for many years. I would go with the 222's however I am a 6'4 and the 25s seems to fit me better.
Wondering if I will regret not getting the 255 E series instead. How much of big deal is RPM Sync and Throttle and the other differences?

On a side note every dealer I asked wants to charge around 93k to 95k before taxes, tags, most dealers don't even mentioned the right MSRP saying it is 86k when it is 84k, are these normal prices and should I expect to pay around 8-10k in dealers fees like transport, assembly and a 'Yamaha $1,500 dollar surcharge' seems excessive to me. This is in Florida by the way.

Thanks for any assistance,

BlueBulls

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
For only a $9k upcharge I would definitely look at the E series. The electronic throttles, RPM sync with single-lever mode, and push button start are options that don't seem like a big deal until you have them - then you'll never not have them again. Not to mention the supercharged engines - I love my 252SE but she's not going to win any speed contests and sometimes a little extra 'oomph' would be appreciated when passing boats or cutting across channels.

Look at other boats in that size and setup and you won't find many competitors anywhere near that price range. I intend to retire to Florida in about ten years; when my turn to trade in for a center console comes it will be something with a little more sturdy hull and twin (at least) Yamaha outboards but I know it will likely be at least double the price of a Yamaha.

Loveair

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
PWC
Hello guys, I am about to pull the trigger on the FHS 252, it is a very pricey purchase and plan to keep it for many years. I would go with the 222's however I am a 6'4 and the 25s seems to fit me better.
Wondering if I will regret not getting the 255 E series instead. How much of big deal is RPM Sync and Throttle and the other differences?

On a side note every dealer I asked wants to charge around 93k to 95k before taxes, tags, most dealers don't even mentioned the right MSRP saying it is 86k when it is 84k, are these normal prices and should I expect to pay around 8-10k in dealers fees like transport, assembly and a 'Yamaha $1,500 dollar surcharge' seems excessive to me. This is in Florida by the way.

Thanks for any assistance,
That seems a little high. I have a 255 Sport E on order. The quoted price is $95,399. Before the add on’s.

simplesolid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That seems a little high. I have a 255 Sport E on order. The quoted price is $95,399. Before the add on’s.
Do you mean that the the 95k price includes dealers fees, transportation and the $1500 yamaha surcharge?

Loveair

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
PWC
Price $95,399
freight $2,550
surcharge $1,500
prep 1,499
doc fee $899
total $101,847 + tax

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What are you going to be using the boat for?

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I would get e throttles, if you go for the SVHO engines keep in Ming there’s no premium gas at marinas, so on a long weekend you will have to pull the boat to gas up.

simplesolid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Price $95,399
freight $2,550
surcharge $1,500
prep 1,499
doc fee $899
total $101,847 + tax
Here is what my order looks like:
FSH 252 Sport
MSRP: 86,299 per dealer should have been 84k
Freight $3150
Prep: $1395
Surcharge: $1500
Boat with freight, surcharge & Prep: 92.344,00
Dealers 'Services' - 698,00
Taxes: 5582.82
County Tax: 75.00
Tag Postage: 90.00
Tag & Title 129.00
Total Out of the Door: 98,923.82

The 252 seems to be about 10k cheaper give or take in my case.
I was concerned that I was getting taken for a ride on these fees, but looks close to standard.
Thanks for your help,

simplesolid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What are you going to be using the boat for?
Bring family along for a fun weekend in the water and our dogs. And some minimal fishing, but since I will 2-3 dogs onboard the FSH layout seems much better as they won't be always in the way. Also I really like that wife and I get to ride next to each other in the bench seats.

I have a SVHO waverunner now and will be trading that in, didn't need all that power as I body takes a beat in the water if I go too fast. I hated that I would run out of gas a lot sooner than my friends and they would ride their HO harder.

simplesolid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would get e throttles, if you go for the SVHO engines keep in Ming there’s no premium gas at marinas, so on a long weekend you will have to pull the boat to gas up.
That is an interesting point, thank you jocolo21.
Wonder if a Jeep Grand Cherokee can pull these in and out of the boat ramps? Looks like Jeep 5.8L 2014 Grand can pull around 6500lbs.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bring family along for a fun weekend in the water and our dogs. And some minimal fishing, but since I will 2-3 dogs onboard the FSH layout seems much better as they won't be always in the way. Also I really like that wife and I get to ride next to each other in the bench seats.

I have a SVHO waverunner now and will be trading that in, didn't need all that power as I body takes a beat in the water if I go too fast. I hated that I would run out of gas a lot sooner than my friends and they would ride their HO harder.
Where are you going to be using the boat?
How many people are going to be coming out on the boat?

The power of the SVHO engines (255E) is great but comes at a price, higher fuel consumption and as @jcolo21 mentioned premium gasoline which may not be readily available on the water. The E drive system with its throttle synching, single throttle operation mode and push button start is very cool, but, as I understand it, with the E drive when put it in forward or reverse you are going to go X speed at idle. The 252’s non E drive on the other hand allows infinitely adjustable amount of thrust from the jet pumps at idle.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That is an interesting point, thank you jocolo21.
Wonder if a Jeep Grand Cherokee can pull these in and out of the boat ramps? Looks like Jeep 5.8L 2014 Grand can pull around 6500lbs.
According to Yamahas website the 252 FSH weighs 5972 dry, toss in 666# of fuel and you are at 6,638#. Looks like a different tow vehicle with a higher tow rating is in order.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FSH 252 is a great boat.
I'm personally glad I chose that over the 255.
Better gas mileage, longer range.

That being said, FSH 255 is an amazing boat also. Nice to have that extra HP and speed.

Pulling it with a Jeep is not ideal. Go watch the Chit Show on YouTube. 😆 You don't want a Bloop bloop bloop moment!

Last edited: