• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Auxiliary button on 2018 242x

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think you have to lift the cover and the AUX jack is under there.

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
no i have a button to turn something on or off.
does that mean that button turns aux on and off? why not just plug in like cars.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure....I don't have that on my boat...... lets see a pic

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If it is this then yes it looks like it tuns AUX on and off.

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If it is this then yes it looks like it tuns AUX on and off.

i gotta try it. i can select aux from the screen so why have an on off switch for it? doesn't make sense. i remember plugin my iphone and charging but didn't play music thru it. used bluetooth.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Does it turn on/off your cigaret lighter ports maybe? One on the helm and the other in the port back seat storage compartment....

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does it turn on/off your cigaret lighter ports maybe? One on the helm and the other in the port back seat storage compartment....

I know about the rear plug. I dunno if It control It. Would be great because I’m installing a hot water tank back in that compartment.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are any wires attached to the back side of it? They may be color coded that you can compare to the manual...or the switch itself may just be a spare for anything you want to add ?

Last edited:

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are any wires attached to the back side of it? They may be color coded that you can compare to the manual...or the switch itself may just me a spare for anything you want to add ?
Being a spare is what I was thinking too do to it’s location. It might be in the owners manual.

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Being a spare is what I was thinking too do to it’s location. It might be in the owners manual.
Was trying to see if someone already knew about It. Couldn’t find a purpose in the Manuel. I’ll have to plug stuff in and test.

Wartowne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve tried figuring this one out as well. I can hear the relay activating in the back port battery compartment but I cannot figure out what it’s connected too. The aux wire harness under the console has a ground but doesn’t get 12 volts no matter what. So I’m stumped as well. The dealer said it’s for like an external CD player, but I have my doubts that’s true.

I had plans to power my Lowrance fishfinder but that quickly faded..

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’ve tried figuring this one out as well. I can hear the relay activating in the back port battery compartment but I cannot figure out what it’s connected too. The aux wire harness under the console has a ground but doesn’t get 12 volts no matter what. So I’m stumped as well. The dealer said it’s for like an external CD player, but I have my doubts that’s true.

I had plans to power my Lowrance fishfinder but that quickly faded..
Definitely not cd player

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Wartowne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did you see if it turns the rear port storage 12v outlet on and off?

I haven’t but that might also be a good guess.

I sure would like to know what the Aux plug under the console is for.

Gary Tait

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don't have a photo at this time, but there is a capped plug behind the helm labeled Aux. I added a powered sub to augment the bass in my '18, tying it into that feed. One push of the switch and the amp turns on. Not sure what the circuit is rated for, but the current draw on the powered sub is low and I I've not had any issues to date. I would assume it was added for user-installed accessories. Would be good to know what the capacity of the circuit is for future additions, but I've yet to uncover documentation or trace it back to a fuse.

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't have a photo at this time, but there is a capped plug behind the helm labeled Aux. I added a powered sub to augment the bass in my '18, tying it into that feed. One push of the switch and the amp turns on. Not sure what the circuit is rated for, but the current draw on the powered sub is low and I I've not had any issues to date. I would assume it was added for user-installed accessories. Would be good to know what the capacity of the circuit is for future additions, but I've yet to uncover documentation or trace it back to a fuse.
can we get a photo when you get a chance?

Gary Tait

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes sir, I'll try to get one taken this weekend. Apologies for the delay - we had a bit of a wind storm down here (Michael) and since I work for the electric utility, they've had me busy as a bee.