• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2014-June 22

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm telling you guys, I'll be the mosquito attractant, you have nothing to worry about. Just feed me benadryl and an iv of saline and drag my ass back home if it gets too bad! :D

In all seriousness, I'm bringing a thermacel, off fans, 3M Ultrathon, clothes and hat treated with Permethrin- http://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-Products-Permethrin-Clothing-Repellent/dp/B007VCRX2S the thermacel and fans are worthless if there is a strong breeze.

I'd like to bring my mosquito zapper, but they don't have a 12V version! :p http://www.amazon.com/Flowtron-BK-80D-80-Watt-Electronic-Coverage/dp/B00004R9VV/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1403019891&sr=1-1&keywords=flowtron :thumbsup: It's the only thing that DOES work in my experience!

Guaranteed I still get a ton of bites and it will all be worth it!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm trying hard to stop/limit the cash bleed on this vacation we all know too well.....I have 2 items remaining on my punch list. A new fishing rod/reel Vs the ones I have now being "good nuff".......and item 2 is a manual bilge pump as shown below: Granted is a short dollar item, I had one last year (borrowed) that consumed space and almost got broke....

what kind of importance do you put on this ? My on-board bilge works great, boat is VERY dry, and i do have a 3 gallon bucket laying around.....With 3 days left to departure its trying to find time to get back to BASSPRO as much as it is saving a few bucks.....

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought that exact one from Academy Sports, if you have one of those. I'll let you borrow it if your takin on water and the bilge fails. Lol.... But seriously I would

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Installed my VeVe guides and CE Smith lights, alas, one of the lights is only half lit. I think some is better than none until they can be replaced. Better visibility!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have we chosen a radio channel for communications on the trip?

This is what my Standard Horizon 1700 said when I powered it on

image.jpg

I might get moderated, but I had to share:devilhorns:

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Mine says the same. It's the pleasure channel :)

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Have a safe trip everyone. I know everyone stalking this thread like me would love to be on the beach having a drink with you! Make us proud. A little tip, don't let your wives argue with @justason about where to find the north star...

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Have a safe trip everyone. I know everyone stalking this thread like me would love to be on the beach having a drink with you! Make us proud. A little tip, don't let your wives argue with @justason about where to find the north star...
Still waiting on that $2mil to come thru to paypal @sstegh ....less the $1.99 mil rum discount of course.

You'll be missed! but we're only 6 months from planning the next trip !!

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Theres a guy over on YJB asking about a trip to Bimini. I sent him a PM with a tinyurl to this thread. His S/N is Norway72.

Not sure if anyone else has reached out to him already...

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Theres a guy over on YJB asking about a trip to Bimini. I sent him a PM with a tinyurl to this thread. His S/N is Norway72.

Not sure if anyone else has reached out to him already...
I hope he gets your PM before Brian edits out the url. I have pm'd a few people over there with JB.net url and if they don't get the pm in a couple of hours Brian edits it out.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well it was a tinyurl link so it didnt contain jetboaters.net in it. Hopefully it slips through the cracks.

This is the URL I PM'd.

http://tinyurl.com/m84jshg

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Friendly reminder to purchase Boat US tow insurance if you were planning on it prior to departure. I just signed up for Unlimited as suggested earlier in this thread.

Is there a thread for the "pig roast"? I'd like to volunteer making a pasta salad, just need to know the numbers.

Thanks!

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Friendly reminder to purchase Boat US tow insurance if you were planning on it prior to departure. I just signed up for Unlimited as suggested earlier in this thread.

Is there a thread for the "pig roast"? I'd like to volunteer making a pasta salad, just need to know the numbers.

Thanks!
BoatUS .... check ! unlimited with trailer add on.

There is a boat/head count on page 18.
I think we are nearly 60 people...

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks!
Here is the thread with the pig roast info, https://jetboaters.net/threads/bimini-pig-roast-june-2014-bimini-bahamas.15/page-5#post-29300. My thought is to bring enough to feed 10 to 20 people even though there will be about 60 people attending. If everyone brought enough to feed 60 people we would have a ton of food left over, I for one can't eat 60 different sides.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
BOOM......All I have left on my punch list is to drive to Florida and fill the tank !! LETS DO THIS !!

@upperdeck @tim h I'm guessing you'll be hitting the road in short order, Drive safe, see you at Bokampers....What time you think you'll be hitting the launch ?

I spoke with @RobA last night. I think we're going to be taking a cab over to Bokampers.....checking UBER options now....

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Upperdeck and three of five other crew members will be on the road 4am on Friday. We have stops planned for the Jim Beam distillery and the Corvette Museum.

We are overnighting in The Villages with @tim h on Saturday night. We plan to grocery shop around 8am Sunday, BassPro around 10am, launch by noon!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can we park trailers at Bahai Mar? We are planning to leave Friday and be there on Sunday as well.

The hams go in the smoker tomorrow morning!

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
BOOM......All I have left on my punch list is to drive to Florida and fill the tank !! LETS DO THIS !!

@upperdeck @tim h I'm guessing you'll be hitting the road in short order, Drive safe, see you at Bokampers....What time you think you'll be hitting the launch ?

I spoke with @RobA last night. I think we're going to be taking a cab over to Bokampers.....checking UBER options now....
I will be hitting the pavement in 48 hours :winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"

Just a couple things "to do" yet for me... the list is getting short !
Thank god.... i'm about outta $$