• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great Video! Did any of the 19'ers make it? I really want to do the trip but it's a long haul from MN and I am not sure how the 192 would fair if the seas were rough.
2 19s made the journey over. I don't think you would have a probably. Have some extra gas just in case, but in good to decent conditions you wouldn't need it.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great Video! Did any of the 19'ers make it? I really want to do the trip but it's a long haul from MN and I am not sure how the 192 would fair if the seas were rough.
2 19s made the journey over. I don't think you would have a probably. Have some extra gas just in case, but in good to decent conditions you wouldn't need it.
Actually 3 19's made it over, 1 AR and 1 SX with the group on Monday then on Wednesday another AR made it over by himself, all 3 returned on Saturday with the group. Here is Isaac's great video documenting his trip in his AR192,

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Actually 3 19's made it over, 1 AR and 1 SX with the group on Monday then on Wednesday another AR made it over by himself, all 3 returned on Saturday with the group. Here is Isaac's great video documenting his trip in his AR192,

That's right, don't know how I forgot about Isaac's boat.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dang @Bruce you drove right through here (well just north of here-Destin) on your way home. We've had good weather and great water conditions. You could have taken a break and dipped the boat.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is day 5 and the return crossing. We did have a little shark action on day 5 it hung out under @tim h boat for a bit.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
We are home. Were we the last to get home after the trip?

You can see every 10 minute tracking data from our trip at https://share.delorme.com/PropLess

View attachment 25881
Bruce, I salute you and all the others dedicated fellow jet boaters, jet skiers, and generally what some may consider too adventurous semi crazy great people that did all the hard work and logged all those miles to make this great event happen! A big thunderous ABN HOOAH to all of you!

BgTravis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Like many have said before, thank you all boaters for such a great trip. From those that organized it, to those that hauled my wife and daughter around, & to those that just shared in the fun I really appreciate you all. The trip would have never become reality for my family without all you folks on the site and all that joined the trip.

Here's our part 1 of 3 videos that Brittany put together. Pay close attention around the 4:50 mark at the waves one boat was hitting. It was pretty rough early on. We didn't have a ton of footage for the first hour or so as Brittany was just holding on :)

Great Video!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho I meant to ask how Cindy was doing I know she hurt her back on the way in
Hey @Vicky843 Cindy's back is just now starting to feel better. The first 4 or 5 days afterwards she was in a lot of pain but stuborn enough not to go see a doctor. A heating pad plus tylenol & ibuprofen helped her fell better. She has decided that she will never again ride to and from Bimini in small boat, she will either fly over or take the ferry.

Hope you guys are doing well.

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally have the internet at the new house. Never though living in the country would pose such a problem for stepping into the 21st century. I wanted to thank everyone for a great trip. @MrMoose was an absolute life safer on the trip over with a spare five gallons of gas. He is my new hero. New baby is scheduled for August 19th and like @Bruce said they will never be seasick!! Can't wait to find out what the third one is going to be. As long as we can find a baby sitter for the new addition, we are definitely in for next year. What an awesome trip and thank you all again!!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Have to head back to real life and away from my salt water addiction today, but coming back out to NC coast next friday 24th of July. If anyone is interested in coming out, pls let me know. Be glad to show you around since there are many interesting places to ride to and enjoy in Oak Island, Southport, Wilmington, Carolina Beach, Wrightsville Beach, and one of a kind place Bald Head Island. SEE YA ON THE WATER!
We'd love to hook up with you guys someday...but this weekend we have a big party planned with a band and kegs!!!! And then I have a bunch of travel until mid August.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally have the internet at the new house. Never though living in the country would pose such a problem for stepping into the 21st century. I wanted to thank everyone for a great trip. @MrMoose was an absolute life safer on the trip over with a spare five gallons of gas. He is my new hero. New baby is scheduled for August 19th and like @Bruce said they will never be seasick!! Can't wait to find out what the third one is going to be. As long as we can find a baby sitter for the new addition, we are definitely in for next year. What an awesome trip and thank you all again!!!!
@Justin G. , it was my pleasure to be able to help with the fuel. I was really surprised to find that the fuel was refillced before I got back from customs. That was super considerate of you. You and your crew are a class act! I'll be thinking of you on August 19th.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is what you jet skiers need next time! LOL

What the heck is that lol! That would have taken some of the adventure out of it on ski though and def a lot of the fun. The funniest part of the video is he is towing a dingy as well lol that is great!

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
andy07sx230ho

THANKS AGAIN! I'll be counting the days. Perhaps it'll drive me crazier that some folks misguided opinions of my sanity level is already. ;-) I am going to start charging $10 bucks for gas every time someone tells me going to Bimini on jet ski is insane. ;-) Trust me, me name not Miky but U try U liky!!! ;-)
What the heck is that lol! That would have taken some of the adventure out of it on ski though and def a lot of the fun. The funniest part of the video is he is towing a dingy as well lol that is great!
Rob,
Rob, I guess that dingy is the equivalent of jet ski trailer? Great imagination! Lol..

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
We'd love to hook up with you guys someday...but this weekend we have a big party planned with a band and kegs!!!! And then I have a bunch of travel until mid August.
HOOAH! Awesome! Have a blast! Perhaps late AUG? Some of us are trying to do trip late Aug up ICW to Outer Banks, we'll see how it develops?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me know @JROD , i live only two hours away from miami so iam down . I am actually going to chub cay in september. I end up trading my ar192 for a 2015 ar240 2 days after i came from bimini, that way we could be a bit more comfortable since we do those trip alot during the year.
Congrats on the new boat!