• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2018

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No over the side at all and no holding the can over the side either. I don't have the boat here but all you have to do is rest the can on the gunnel and hold it there so all the weight is being supported by the boat you are just holding it steady. You cut a piece of hose that is long enough to slide into the fuel filler on the boat and slide it over the nozzle of the no spill can. With your free hand press the button and fuel will begin to dispense. Nice part is no fuel will dispense until you press the button so you can get all set up how you like with no worries of fuel coming out till you are ready unlike a traditional can as once you reach a certain angle of tilt fuel will begin to dispense. I have done this multiple times in the ocean on a ski including on the 2015 Bimini crossing which was a moderately rough crossing with ease.

View attachment 67222 View attachment 67223
Huh, I would have thought that the nozzle with air pull in the center wouldn't work with a hose...

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Huh, I would have thought that the nozzle with air pull in the center wouldn't work with a hose...
I will admit I have not tried it yet but will let you know.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've tried it. They make a short extension for them but if you want a longer hose it does become an issue. Granted you can add a vent for very little $ or effort.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've tried it. They make a short extension for them but if you want a longer hose it does become an issue. Granted you can add a vent for very little $ or effort.
There are definitely several ways to fix this. One option is to buy a hose that is wider then the nozzle on the can and just make a quick attachment to that hose that goes over the trigger part of the nozzle to hold the hose in place. Since it won't be be an air tight seal at the nozzle it should work fine basically using the hose as a long funnel. I wouldn't want to vent the actual can but that could also be done.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are definitely several ways to fix this. One option is to buy a hose that is wider then the nozzle on the can and just make a quick attachment to that hose that goes over the trigger part of the nozzle to hold the hose in place. Since it won't be be an air tight seal at the nozzle it should work fine basically using the hose as a long funnel. I wouldn't want to vent the actual can but that could also be done.
Yeah the hose I used was air tight. There was no leakage but it definitely didn’t flow quickly.

Last edited:

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello from central Florida, new to this forum
Have a prop boat (sorry not a jet boat) me and my family are dying to make this trip to Bimini
Hope we can come along
Happy new year to all

Last edited:

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello friend central Florida, new to this forum
Have a prop boat (sorry not a jet boat) me and my family are dying to make this trip to Bimini
Hope we can come along
Happy new year to all
What part of central FL

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are seriously considering going to Bimini this year with the group. We would trailer down from eastern Pa. My family is really looking forward to the trip and seeing, in person, some of the things they've seen from watching all the Bimini you-tube videos. My wife really wants to jump off that half-sunken ship that's out there, too.
I'm looking forward to diving some nice warm, clear water. I'm a public safety diver and I've only ever been in cold, dark, nasty water with poor-to-no visibility. I am a little worried it'll spoil me, though.

Last edited:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I wonder if we will hit the 100 mark for the number of boats to Bimini this year

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if we will hit the 100 mark for the number of boats to Bimini this year
While that would be a fun time in Bimini that would be a nightmare to work out lol.

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Julian. I think we will need a short video or pictures on how this is done in the FAQ. It is a high probability of people running out of gas and no clue on how to fuel up in rough water. A video (or) pictures will certainly help.
Not sure if this will work for the Bimini crossing but it transfers very quickly! It might be an option.
I’ve used it for a couple years but not in rough water.

Attachments

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
4 batteries on the boat, 2 deep cycle (need power for fixed vhf just in case I get stranded in the ocean for days)
One fixed vhf with 4 foot antennae
2 handheld vhf
One garmin inreach
One garmin gps
2 navionics on 2 mobile phones (one att one Verizon)
Flares (handheld and the pistol)
3 waterproof torches with 12 spare batteries
One floating Ditch bag with power bars, water bottles, cash, credit cards and passport

Yeah...I was prepared for the 2017 trip :D

Have to get started in spring for the 2018 trip.
now only if you had duck taped the windshield......LOL

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
We will know in a month or two once the crazy cold weather is done and people start planning seriously. Last year was around 40+ I think. This year expect to top that way out.

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We will know in a month or two once the crazy cold weather is done and people start planning seriously. Last year was around 40+ I think. This year expect to top that way out.
Cool!! We was going to go last year around the beginning of September but had to cancel for obvious reasons
Can’t wait to go this year