• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - early interest - dates TBD

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
that pool was is desperate need of repair. My toes can testify to it.
now we need more docking space

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Keep in mind all the improvements cost money.
Dockage has gone up considerably, and additionally they now charge a $25/day resort fee.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeaa I don’t think I will be able to get away with $2,000 a week again. At the end of the day though the market dictates the prices and if we get prices out so be it. I wish we will not but resort world is charging an arm and leg, so I do not see why Bimini Cove will not.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeaa I don’t think I will be able to get away with $2,000 a week again. At the end of the day though the market dictates the prices and if we get prices out so be it. I wish we will not but resort world is charging an arm and leg, so I do not see why Bimini Cove will not.
They cant match resort World pricing until they 1) have reliable power (like back up generation), 2) AC units that work, 3) spray for flys 4) have at least one restautant open, 5) maintain the pool and bathrooms

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe not for 2020. In a couple of years I believe they will get very close to it. I won’t be surprised if the new owner starts buying out individual owners. That place has a huge potential if you have the capital and the patient to wait for the ROI to become positive.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So @Andy S @1948Isaac and I met with the people from Bimini Cove today and they have a lot going on. They are redoing both pools opening the restaurant at the infinity pool again also adding a grocery store on site. they also bought the Thirsty Turtle and are renovating it into a full service restaurant and they plan to have their own ferry that will take people to and from North Bimini. Now for some bad new it appears we are not the only group that is excited about this and they have already taken a lot of their old business back from RW and the hilton as they told us that they are pretty much already booked out in June and July as they have a lot of groups already booked they named some it was the usual crews Boston Whalers, Formula, Intrepid, Pursuit and more. They did not seem overconfident they could accommodate any more groups in those two months. They did tell us to go ahead and pick dates and they would see what they can do so expect @Andy S and I to announce our dates probably in the next few weeks but I expect us to be limited to a certain amount of units and slips being locked in for us so our group maybe restricted in size by that and the units we negotiate will be first come first serve.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Happy to hear that the new management is trying to make BC reach its full potential. I guess maybe we should start planning 2 year ahead LOL

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Happy to hear that the new management is trying to make BC reach its full potential. I guess maybe we should start planning 2 year ahead LOL
I won't lie they were not very accommodating we were almost told no way we can take any more groups in those months and were almost irritated that we asked about that time frame. We had to do some talking with them just to even get them to even consider trying to work with us and even then they were more agitated of the fact everyone had to book their own unit as I guess the other big groups book all the units then resell them out to the attending people I'm assuming making money on the units as we were asked to do the same but declined. I will be surprised if we can pull a trip off this year as large group there. I'm expecting major price increases coming though.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It sounds that it is becoming more and more of true business. I wont be surprised if in the next few years it will loose its family friendly atmosphere. Which consecutively means we wont be going there until the kids are 15+ years old :banghead:

Oh well, I guess our money will stay in Florida for the next foreseeable future.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It sounds that it is becoming more and more of true business. I wont be surprised if in the next few years it will loose its family friendly atmosphere. Which consecutively means we wont be going there until the kids are 15+ years old :banghead:

Oh well, I guess our money will stay in Florida for the next foreseeable future.
You can always to go West End, Old Bahama Bay, or Blue Marlin or Bootle bay. It's 70 miles from West Palm Beach, but on a good day doable. Freeport is closeby, and the Lucayan waterway could be a nice daytrip. OBB and Freeport are virtually never out of fuel.

JayZ2012

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm interested in going the week of July 19-24. First trip, so would love to be able to hook up with others. Do different threads start based on the weeks that people are going? If you were going in mid July, when would you expect to have the hotel etc locked in?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm interested in going the week of July 19-24. First trip, so would love to be able to hook up with others. Do different threads start based on the weeks that people are going? If you were going in mid July, when would you expect to have the hotel etc locked in?
Yes, typically a new thread will begin when a lead announces a date. Once that happens, people begin booking rooms.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
i am interested in joining... looking for a 242LSE now... will settle for 242LS or 242XE :D

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
if my memory serves me right this is the original design which the developer had in mind.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Contacted them today and they said they are not set up for reservations just yet but will let me know when that is set up. The airbnb and vrbo options will be available for a while, and docking is currently available for getting slips etc although not perhaps that far in advance yet.
Just an FYI for everyone.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there an indication that Airbnb &vrbo will not be an option in the future ? I was under the impression individual owners should be able to rent on their own.

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What other options are there if this becomes too much of a hassle? Has anyone done FL to Grand Bahama Island? Looks like about 65 miles from one marina to another.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What other options are there if this becomes too much of a hassle? Has anyone done FL to Grand Bahama Island? Looks like about 65 miles from one marina to another.
It’s 70 miles from West Palm Beach to Old Bahama Bay in West End. Doable on a great day, but fuel will be a major risk. Plenty of boats have run out of fuel going the 50 miles to Bimini.