• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blown Speaker - 2020 242SE

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Took the boat out today and spent more time lounging in the bow than typical since the water was chilly. The bow port side speaker appears to be blown (there’s significant distortion). I’m not sure if this is a warranty item, but would probably want to avoid the hassle of taking it to the dealership if the cost is reasonable and the replacement is simple.

Has anybody with the WetSounds system encountered this?

Does anyone know the part number and cost of the speaker?

Is replacing it fairly easy (any place you can direct me to instructions, etc... is much appreciated).

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The best place to purchase most marine stereo stuff is through a company called "Crutchfield", been around 35 years. Type that in on search, once it opens, on the top pick Marine, then on the left of the page, speakers, then scroll down and pick Wetsounds. Yours is Wetsounds "Recon 6-S" $200.00 per pair. Cannot purchase 1 speaker.

Or you can call Wetsounds and they will probably repair for minimal charge.

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The best place to purchase most marine stereo stuff is through a company called "Crutchfield", been around 35 years. Type that in on search, once it opens, on the top pick Marine, then on the left of the page, speakers, then scroll down and pick Wetsounds. Yours is Wetsounds "Recon 6-S" $200.00 per pair. Cannot purchase 1 speaker.

Or you can call Wetsounds and they will probably repair for minimal charge.
Thanks, Mike.

I found the model below on the Yamaha website...any idea what the difference is between this and the Recon 6-S?

3796896F-5870-452D-8196-8C869D6D3EE2.jpeg

Last edited:

bobholthaus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a blown speaker on my 2020 242SE and the dealer is replacing under warranty. Has been on back order though for months. 4 screws hold it in.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I would not buy the same ws that cones stock, they are cheap. I just replaced all on my 2021 252se, with jl m3, way better sound and will definitly last longer, Crutchfield is good but most times overpriced, go to creativeaudio.net THOR10 Discount code, for 10% off.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Have you guys unscrewed the speaker and checked to see if they are actually blown?

I had a speaker stop working, and found out it was just a loose terminal. I put it back on and crimped it down.