• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Blueridge Parkway Run and Tail of the Dragon 4/13/19-4/14/19

@robert843 It was 45 degrees here today

54 degrees here on thanksgiving but I got out and took this 10 year old on her first ride. Before I get bashed she was wearing a helmet and armored jacket and we never left the community I live in so no speeds above 25 mph in a safe environment with no traffic. I do feel bad though now as she has asked both yesterday and today to go back on the bike and I don’t have the heart to tell her no way we are going outside our community on a ride until she is much older.
0882C7FD-716D-40B8-AA3A-EDE08C8807BB.jpeg

Thanksgiving routine for my bike .......

Attachments

• 320DEAE6-5891-4D2F-A86C-DDE62F41D20C.jpeg
    320DEAE6-5891-4D2F-A86C-DDE62F41D20C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
And in case y’all wonder if used my Herculean strength to lift it!!!!! Not really my 6 year old can lift it too.

Note: picked my 4 year old and 6 year from school multiple times. They love it. Think that dadddy is the coolest dad ever. Good thing they have no idea what Ducati or BMW stand for

Attachments

• 665D45FE-7E32-426D-A19E-D49C486BBB74.jpeg
    665D45FE-7E32-426D-A19E-D49C486BBB74.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
First time I have seen a bike suspended in midair. ...

@Betik get a 50cc scooter as your kids are 4 and 6 and you can ride around the neighborhood
2 advantages.
1. Both can ride at the same time.... one standing in front and second one sitting at back.
2. The kid in front can be told to accelerate or decelerate the scooter, use the horn and you will hear shrieks of laughter.

This is from personal experience

That is a pretty neat set up @Betik

@veedubtek you gonna bring that TDI VW Thing back up from Florida to come run with us? I just found out this is the same weekend as the fluffy’s in The woods weekend at Fontana Village you so love.

@veedubtek you gonna bring that TDI VW Thing back up from Florida to come run with us? I just found out this is the same weekend as the fluffy’s in The woods weekend at Fontana Village you so love.

Once move this far south you never drive out of this state.

Once move this far south you never drive out of this state.

this.

I sure do hope she's on the road again by then though, still a ton of work to do.

And, I believe it's furry's, not fluffy's, unless I'm really behind the times. Is a fluffy really a thing?

Is a fluffy really a thing?
Probably no more real than a whookie which is the name they really use for the event. I just figured now as a shop owner you would want to get your name out in that community. Heck maybe you could be a sponsor. I can see it now Daddy Long Schlongs Tuning Shop is the Whookie in the Woods title sponsor.

A Wookie is a very specific and very real thing, I've owned several. I do like your suggestion for shop name though. Some real good friends of mine are title sponsors for Wookies in the Woods. It's really just coined after the noise a VR6 engine makes.

A Wookie is a very specific and very real thing, I've owned several. I do like your suggestion for shop name though. Some real good friends of mine are title sponsors for Wookies in the Woods. It's really just coined after the noise a VR6 engine makes.

I got the first shirt design

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 9.43.54 PM.png

54 degrees here on thanksgiving but I got out and took this 10 year old on her first ride. Before I get bashed she was wearing a helmet and armored jacket and we never left the community I live in so no speeds above 25 mph in a safe environment with no traffic. I do feel bad though now as she has asked both yesterday and today to go back on the bike and I don’t have the heart to tell her no way we are going outside our community on a ride until she is much older.
View attachment 85380

awesome! and that bike, OH MAN! *swoons*

I bought my son full gear last year, so we can take the bike to soccer. 3 days a week....45mpg vs 15 in the truck lol. Its a 20 mile highway ride. He's 11, and I get snarky looks from soccer moms. But the kid LOVES it. Is it the safest? nah!. But I remember every single motorcycle ride I took with my dad when I was a kid, but not many rides in the car... and when I was, I was thinking about motorcycles. :)

However, I ended up buying a VW jetta to commute for this, because I will NOT take him in the dark, and late into the fall, the sun is down.

HIlariously, I was out Saturday, did a little 100 mile loop.... it was 54 and sunny PERFECT. Sunday, I was shoveling 11 inches of wet heavy snow. gotta love the midwest :)

The 848 EVO has a wet clutch so I do miss that feature. Another disappointing missing feature is the quick shifter they gave the
848 EVO Course edition that feature in the model year right after mine. They make a dry clutch kit for my bike if I rode more I would probably switch it out. That's funny about the H2 as I just watched a video the other night about the 7 best sounding bikes and your old school triple cylinder H2 was on it.

My dad had the cbx1100, but I never got to ride on it. He traded it for a 78 Suzuki GS1000. Which I'm trying to track down and buy back :)

My favorite by far is that DESMO! If youve heard one, you'd agree. Its the only exhaust that has made me leave my seat, and walk out of the restaurant to see it when I heard it. lol idling, revving... slamming through the gears as it rolls away though. <drool> Most ducatis sound amazing, but that one especially. And Id like to see one of the new V4's in person. I hear theyre even better.

Interested but have to see if I can work it out. I would have to take a day off to get there and another to get back.

We want to it will just depend on the timing because of the extra days to get there. Keep as committed to committing! HA!

We want to it will just depend on the timing because of the extra days to get there. Keep as committed to committing! HA!

Did you guys move from Hartwell?

Back