• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blueridge Parkway Run and Tail of the Dragon 4/13/19-4/14/19

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine is a street legal xr650l. Just not stock. I just never get to ride it since I had my kid. Actually I have to get it inspected and has the same mileage as last year. So sad.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When check weather online I was a fan of intellicast.com but they have recently been purchased by weather underground and I'm not a fan of their site. I haven't looked at accuweather.com in a long time, so this morning I checked them out, I don't like their main page but I did find that they have an extend forecast the covers the next 90 days. To me a 90 day forecast is laughable when at times forecasts can't get it correct just a few days out.

Anyways, here is what they are forecasting for Asheville, NC during our Blueridge Parkway run, hope they are wrong.
1548675889500.png

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just finally booked friday night at that Marriott. So what is the plan for Saturday night? Any idea on where yet?
I may stay Sunday night at the Marriott and travel back Monday morning to New Bern
The original plan was to stay Saturday night in Cherokee but honestly it only an 45-60 minute run back to this Marriott from Cherokee I had debated on just staying both Friday and Saturday at the Marriott in Flat Rock to make life easy and then we don't really have to carry anything on the bikes when we leave Saturday morning but I will check and see what everyone's thoughts are.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Clocked a two hour ride tonight it was nice but I think I have decided it’s time to move on to another bike that’s a little more comfortable or a little different I’m going to probably try and sell mine and grab another before the trip. This bike just doesn’t really fit my riding style anymore I think I would rather have a fz-07 or a sumpermoto

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Clocked a two hour ride tonight it was nice but I think I have decided it’s time to move on to another bike that’s a little more comfortable or a little different I’m going to probably try and sell mine and grab another before the trip. This bike just doesn’t really fit my riding style anymore I think I would rather have a fz-07 or a sumpermoto
The only problems i see with a SM is the range(very small tanks). And the seats suck for long rides.
Seating position and arm position is great though. Seat Concepts make nice comfortable replacements. I just dont find the need for mine cause i hardly ever ride it longer than a 2 hour stretch

The offer is always open to venture over and take my SM out for a blast

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only problems i see with a SM is the range(very small tanks). And the seats suck for long rides.
Seating position and arm position is great though. Seat Concepts make nice comfortable replacements. I just dont find the need for mine cause i hardly ever ride it longer than a 2 hour stretch

The offer is always open to venture over and take my SM out for a blast
I don’t usually ride more then two hours either the low top end is what keeps me from pulling the trigger on a supermoto now but I still think it could be my perfect just fun bike. I love my Ducati but the seating position is just super aggressive a few years ago no big deal now I feel wrist fatigue from all the weight being pushed forward.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still trying to make the trip happen. I thought about bringing a sport bike also but I definitely like the ride position of my FZ8. @robert843 , if your thinking about an FZ07 you may want to give thought to the FZ09 since it is a bit more bike and real aggressive.... you can control it with ride modes though and coming from your ducati you may "need" the 9 vs. the 7. Good prices out there and you can easily get a used one but stick with 2016 or later if you can

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The FZ09 is a potent, comfy bike.
Adjustable suspension. Good brakes etc

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well that’s figured I would try and do a roll call on this as I have talked to a few who were going to go now and many are unable to make it. @rkluck @Peelz @Sbrown @Amar Nanduri @BigAbe75 are any of you planning to join? The rest have had work conflicts come up and @4x15mph is only maybe 50/50 at this point so it sounds like it may be a small crew or just me which is fine but just checking with what’s out there before I adjust my plans.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am out for this. But looking optimistic for Chicago.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well that’s figured I would try and do a roll call on this as I have talked to a few who were going to go now and many are unable to make it. @rkluck @Peelz @Sbrown @Amar Nanduri @BigAbe75 are any of you planning to join? The rest have had work conflicts come up and @4x15mph is only maybe 50/50 at this point so it sounds like it may be a small crew or just me which is fine but just checking with what’s out there before I adjust my plans.
Nope, I'm out.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don’t usually ride more then two hours either the low top end is what keeps me from pulling the trigger on a supermoto now but I still think it could be my perfect just fun bike. I love my Ducati but the seating position is just super aggressive a few years ago no big deal now I feel wrist fatigue from all the weight being pushed forward.
I love ducati sport bikes and this is the #1 reason why I wouldn't own one....... BUT this beauty came up in my area and I wonder about the seating position and comfort of ride?

2017 Ducati SuperSport Red (001828)

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
just as i suspected, im a nope. soccer, then having to be back for a family engagement sunday

my poor bike is sitting there freezing in the garage. hasn't been touched since before christmas. Its the longest ive ever gone without riding it. this winter has been trash.

thanks for including me, really appreciate it.

I love ducati sport bikes and this is the #1 reason why I wouldn't own one....... BUT this beauty came up in my area and I wonder about the seating position and comfort of ride?

2017 Ducati SuperSport Red (001828)
<drool>

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm still interested, but I have to go to training to be a WRER Instuctor the weekend before this. I don't know if it's going to be too much to tie up two weekends in a row or not, but I was looking forward to going. I have a '75 Camaro I just finished putting an LS3 in and a whole bunch of Hotchkis suspension work, 4 wheel disc brakes, etc that I was looking forward to wringing out on this run.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 - Robert, still 50/50 and keeping the dates open. Trailering for the 10 hour road trip is my only hurdle

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry but I will not be bale to make it! I hate it. I am going to bike week.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 - Robert, still 50/50 and keeping the dates open. Trailering for the 10 hour road trip is my only hurdle
If it’s just you and I we could possibly punt and do the northern part of the blue ridge I would have to go back to planing mode to figure out the logistics. Asheville is 5 hours from me and Rock Fish Gap Va is 6 hours so about the same drive for me.