• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blueridge Parkway Run and Tail of the Dragon 4/13/19-4/14/19

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
It looks like I need to start maintaining a calendar of all events of Jetboater s forums so that I don’t lose track of which is when :D

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks like I need to start maintaining a calendar of all events of Jetboater s forums so that I don’t lose track of which is when :D
lol I have already been yelled at by the boss as 2019 is packed already with trips. Looking forward to it though. Are you Joiningbus in this @Amar Nanduri ? I think @swatski should join us as well he can fly in and his wife can ride with mine or @Andy S and I will work to find him a bike to ride

Last edited:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
lol I have already been yelled at by the boss as 2019 is packed already with trips. Looking forward to it though. Are you Joiningbus in this @Amar Nanduri ? I think @ swatski should join us as well he can fly in and his wife can ride with mine or @Andy S and I will work to find him a bike to ride
Lol. Atleast you got away with a yelling. I literally had to purchase tickets to Paris and show it to my wife before she agreed for my Abacos trip in July2019.

I should be able to join you guys on this trip (75% yes) provided I am in the country and not gone out on work. Also it will just be myself as my wife has to keep an eye on the kids for that weekend.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
As much fun as this would be - I was a Deals Gap regular in the late 80's before commercialization - I will be boating that weekend.
On a Carnival boat headed to the Bahamas for spring break. You're never too old...

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As much fun as this would be - I was a Deals Gap regular in the late 80's before commercialization - I will be boating that weekend.
On a Carnival boat headed to the Bahamas for spring break. You're never too old...
Nice I hope you enjoy that as we freeze our tails off in the spring mornings lol.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I should do this.... of course i would have to do it in my f250 but hey.. that thing corners like its on rails... lmao!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I should do this.... of course i would have to do it in my f250 but hey.. that thing corners like its on rails... lmao!
Come on Mike you can use my supermoto. Tons of fun, but tiny gas tank. Got to fill up often. Lol

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Come on Mike you can use my supermoto. Tons of fun, but tiny gas tank. Got to fill up often. Lol
Whats your thoughts on the super moto I have been looking hard at possibly picking one up they look like a blast?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whats your thoughts on the super moto I have been looking hard at possibly picking one up they look like a blast?
Its an absolute blast. Almost too much fun. You feel like you are doing something illegal evey time you ride it. He he
I was going to build one from a KTM motocross bike but in NC it has to be originally titled as a road vehicle to register it here.
I dont regret the DRZ now after i did the Bigbore, FCR carb, cams, etc it is a beast now.
I use it as a commuter mainly. And the looks i get. Lol

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I officially can't wait till this trip happens,
been raining here tons every week at least for 2 days a week. Making my clean up from that bitch Florence hard on my property. Lots still to burn and clean up. My bridge still is disassembled and been too muddy to put back together.

So been working on the bikes instead, making me impatient for a real trip.

New Michelin Pilot Power 3s on the FZ1

Replacing all the turn signals on the FZ1 and the DRZ to a new style with marker and turn built in.
New phone mount etc...

Changed the oil on the DRZ , still to do on the FZ1.

Still need to clean and service the chains.

Gonna be a long winter

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
64C9FA2D-22D3-4F79-B63C-B86611A9304F.jpeg Agree, looking forward to the trip. Added the integrated taillight, heated grips, and picking up some great riding gear over the last week.

Took a ride with my son today. It was so nice out today and we stopped to take a picture of this ninja warrior training field that a local guy is building for himself.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finished the FZ today., she is ready for the trip %100.
Got my new turn signals installed

Also wired in new led markers in the outboard corners on the headlamp housings. Factory in the US they are blank leaving a black void. So i made holes and put new sockets in which now light it up.
(Its the little things lol)
20181229_145105.jpg 20181229_145038.jpg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put the same turn signals on the drz also
20181229_151044.jpg 20181229_151030.jpg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn't take any pics but just got done riding mine around for a bit trying out some new boots. Man I like the DRZ I think I'm going to buy or build a super moto when I sell the Ducati. I don't ride a lot and there are no interstates near me but when I ride I just want to have a good time and the more I look at them the more I think a super moto maybe my perfect bike for my needs and uses.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Neutron what do you think of this as a DRZ or should I be looking newer or just go ahead and get a drz sm? I really don't know much about them I considering a wr250r as well just for the fuel injection.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Suzuki-DR-Z/123559903854?hash=item1cc4be826e:g:RZIAAOSwIABcFq6C:rk:3:pf:0&vxp=mtr
I have ridden the wr240 and its no base for a SM. If i were in the market now for a supermoto, i would spend the dough on a Husqvarna 701 Supermoto.
They hadnt come out with it by the time i bought my DRZ.
I got mine new in December on 2015 as a leftover(wanted white with the blue wheels)
I paid around 7 grand otd give or take a few hundred. Then i put over 3000 in the engine, carb, exhaust, steel brake lines, etc...
All in all to make it what it is today i went well over 10 grand, but its perfect and very reliable.
Its 52hp at the rear wheel and goes 100mph easily.

The Husky is like 62 rear wheel hp stock. It is injected but my Drz is carbureted but you wouldnt know it with the FCR39

As far as that DRZ, those older ones have crappy suspension. Look for a newer SM with inverted front forks. You want a fully adjustable suspension. Those older ones are spongy big time.
Plus a true SM has larger brakes instead of small rotors for woods riding

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 take a ride up some day and take my SM for a blast. You will be hooked

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Neutron if Husqvarna would have made the FS450 street legal it would already be in the garage. For me weight is important and I do plan to do some light off road as well so if I dump it I want it to be easy to manage so I'm trying to find one I can get under 300 lbs.