• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blueridge Parkway Run and Tail of the Dragon 4/13/19-4/14/19

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I think we need to create a brand new forum for bikes and bike mods.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri - Agree we need a motorcycle or "Moto other" forum group. Yamaha would like that but it maybe it distracts from jetboaters theme. @Julian , @Bruce - what do you think? Similar to the "cooking" section, only better.

@Neutron - i installed that same motodynamics light. It is very effective with the flashing brake light and as long as you keep the OEM blinkers, like you did, I think it is a plus for safety.

@Neutron @robert843 - The super moto's are allowed on the streets? I don't see blinkers but I also see that you added them. This seems similar to the naked bikes unless you have off road tires, right?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Neutron - i installed that same motodynamics light. It is very effective with the flashing brake light and as long as you keep the OEM blinkers, like you did, I think it is a plus for safety.

@Neutron @robert843 - The super moto's are allowed on the streets? I don't see blinkers but I also see that you added them. This seems similar to the naked bikes unless you have off road tires, right?
I did not use the oem blinkers. I replaced the factory flasher relay with an electronic flasher for LED turn signals.

Yes Super Motos are street legal. The Suzuki DRZ SM comes stock with lights and turn signals. They come stock with street sport tires.

Here is a pic of a 2019 model
6EF09C174A5547CEBB74F09769A13E6C.png
If you replace the factory exhaust, tail section, and other unnecessary factory crap, it will drop at least 25 lbs

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bruce we could probably add a basic Bikes/ATV forum.....not our focus, but fine as an other sub forum.

@4x15mph are you sure it wouldn't make more sense to join a dedicated bike forum? I've not looked into them, but I ha have to assume there are some big ones out there?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian, you would be surprised at how there are few good cycle sites. I have found a couple but they haven’t been as well laid out as this site . I thought it would keep the boater demographic while providing topics for other motorsports. Either way but just wanted to suggest this and It may not make sense to busy up the user interface on this site

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Bruce we could probably add a basic Bikes/ATV forum.....not our focus, but fine as an other sub forum.
Many of us have other similar hobbies, and have cultivated relationships with the folks here. Makes sense to add another sub forum (in the off topic section) just so those folks can continue the conversations. I guess you could make viewing the forum dependent on joining the group (like the weight loss group) if you were concerned about clogging the “Recent Posts” view with too much off topic posting. Maybe setup the forum and add the group requirement later if it becomes too chatty?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Many of us have other similar hobbies, and have cultivated relationships with the folks here. Makes sense to add another sub forum (in the off topic section) just so those folks can continue the conversations. I guess you could make viewing the forum dependent on joining the group (like the weight loss group) if you were concerned about clogging the “Recent Posts” view with too much off topic posting. Maybe setup the forum and add the group requirement later if it becomes too chatty?
I created a Motor Cycle/ATV forum.....no special access required....let me know if you have any issues.

@4x15mph @Neutron @Amar Nanduri

Last edited:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Can we move this current thread under the new forum ?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri I didn't move this thread as it is a cross between a gathering and a bike thread, I can move it if the OP would like me to @robert843

I did a quick search of the forum for other bike threads and moved them today. If there are others, tag me in the thread and I will move them too, or reply here and tag me....your choice.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri I didn't move this thread as it is a cross between a gathering and a bike thread, I can move it if the OP would like me to @robert843

I did a quick search of the forum for other bike threads and moved them today. If there are others, tag me in the thread and I will move them too, or reply here and tag me....your choice.
@Julian since this is a post for a gathering it probably should stay here in the gatherings thread.

Armando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Damn i already have a trip booked for the dragon in Sept.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm actually in Columbia SC tonight for work and @Andy S and I had dinner we discussed this trip a little I did just book a hotel in Flat Rock for the Friday night before hand.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
W
I'm actually in Columbia SC tonight for work and @Andy S and I had dinner we discussed this trip a little I did just book a hotel in Flat Rock for the Friday night before hand.
Which hotel?
I figured to start getting things in order soon

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Marvin willis I'm shopping for a street legal one now. I really need to probably ride up to @Neutron spot and test ride his before I buy one or see if I can find a demo day.