• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out plugs finally out!

Chadly80

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I just bought a 2009 sx210 with low hrs. It’s been sitting for a while, the good thing about that is I got it for a deal, the bad thing about that is it been sitting for a while! So as you can imagine the clean outs were stuck! So I went at it today, I tried using a come along to pull them out, no luck, about lifted the boat off the trailer and I got scared if this thing gave way or broke I may be in trouble! Lol. So I started taking things apart( see pics) and got to the bottom of things! After I got the cover off and the big rubber hoses that attack to the top of the clean outs had room to work! So I decided to try to push them down as I was underneath the boat and saw that it looked like they would go that way. They still wouldn’t budge down! So I decided I was going to cut them out and that was the easiest and least intrusive option to me. So I used my oscillating tool to cut them out. Worked like a charm! I suppose if you don’t want to take the back hatch off and the hose sleeves you could do this with a long bit, but I wanted the room to work! If anyone has any questions don’t hesitate to ask! Happy boating!CA69BB4B-BDA7-4A35-A1A6-0612B13FD30B.jpeg2BCBA034-BB7C-46DA-8F3E-61F0F4D32E1A.jpegE4B83005-E31F-433D-BD48-1E6C02673478.jpeg75626FF6-3289-481F-9783-80B2DB0890D5.jpeg55A2CB1E-80CD-4958-9C9E-6A143BABB4E2.jpeg

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Chadly80 they sure can be a bear to get out sometimes. I assume you already have the rebuild kit to replace the lower part you drilled out? Since this is the part that comes with the rebuild kit...your approach of drilling them out was spot on! Now you just need to clean up the edges of the holes where they insert and you are good to go!

Chadly80

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Chadly80 they sure can be a bear to get out sometimes. I assume you already have the rebuild kit to replace the lower part you drilled out? Since this is the part that comes with the rebuild kit...your approach of drilling them out was spot on! Now you just need to clean up the edges of the holes where they insert and you are good to go!
I have ordered them already cause I knew that I would probably damage them! Quick question I’m sure the rebuild kit doesn’t come with the pin and spring that is on the bottom of the handle does it?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It does not, those are re-used. Be sure to purchase Cobra EZ Locks too, to keep them from opening unexpectedly.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have ordered them already cause I knew that I would probably damage them! Quick question I’m sure the rebuild kit doesn’t come with the pin and spring that is on the bottom of the handle does it?
Nope, it just comes with the plastic base and the rubber skirt.

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Use this grease. Pull them two or three times a season, inspect re-grease, they will always come out.
Better than Yamahas grease, use it on your impeller bearings too. I ve used it since my 2009 SX 210 was new, and she still acts new.
Get a grease gun.

I also apply it on the external linkage of the impeller/jet units that are in the water. Water doesnt do crap to it.

Chadly80

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Use this grease. Pull them two or three times a season, inspect re-grease, they will always come out.
Better than Yamahas grease, use it on your impeller bearings too. I ve used it since my 2009 SX 210 was new, and she still acts new.
Get a grease gun.

I also apply it on the external linkage of the impeller/jet units that are in the water. Water doesnt do crap to it.
I’m new to this boat where are the impeller bearings?do these require a grease gun? I was going to look for grease fittings as I’m sure it hasn’t been greased in years, any particular ones that I need to hit? Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Be very careful on the intermediate bearing housing, I did a few posts in the past about adding gear lube to the grease that is already inside and not using a grease gun on them or you can do serious damage to the rubber and seals. I also add gear lube to the pump bearings and it really makes them last a long time I had over 850 hours on my last 2 pumps and they were in perfect condition when I sold them.

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m new to this boat where are the impeller bearings?do these require a grease gun? I was going to look for grease fittings as I’m sure it hasn’t been greased in years, any particular ones that I need to hit? Thanks
Its a maintenance item. You do not add grease externally. There are grease gun nipples at the 11 oclock position towards the back of each oil reservoir(Back side). They are capped. You use a grease gun with fitting. I have done this about every 24 engine hours for 12 years. It only takes 2-4 pumps each side.
****I would not add grease in any other manner than proscribed in the repair manual.
From this grease nipple you can follow the grease "hose" which goes down to the impeller bearing housing.

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok you cant see the nipple buy its on the red circled assembly where the blue line disappears behind the oil reservoir.
Same on both engines, the hose to the bearing housing descends from the bottom of this assembly.

***Yours might be missing the nipple caps, the nipple is conical, and has a single bearing seal which your grease gun depresses when you pump grease in. Its a one way valve.

Capture.PNG