• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clemson Tiger - What should we do?

How should we handle Clemson Tiger

• He has been mistreated, it is time for a group hug and everyone to make up

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • His behavior has merited a time out, his account should be disabled for a month

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • He participates well in some subforums, he should be limited to those

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • It is time for our first banning

Votes: 44 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The admins to this site are the core to its existence, they alone started this forum because of behaviour from a previous site, it’s their prerogative to do as they seem fit, I stand behind them 100%.
If I choose not to, I’d walk, simple.

This site from the start has been a breath of fresh air in the social media world, it’s very well run and it annoys me when some people try and make it all about themselves. If @Bruce has had enough of this chap, well that’s enough info for me to go along with whatever the admins decide. Your doing a grand job lads, keep it up :winkingthumbsup"

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've generally ignored CT's garbage posts because I can see that he has provided some good content to the forum. Given the fact that he's deleted his useful posts, it appears that he now has no desire to be anything other than a thorn in our collective sides.

No one here likes the idea of a ban, but if we're going to have a code of conduct and not enforce it, then why have it?

The "badge" idea sounds cute, but it creates more administrative work - and the decision to put that label on someone would create the same controversy. Plus, I'm willing to bet it would be seen by some as a "badge of honor."

On August 3rd of 2014 we were having a similar discussion about another member. I posted the following:

"I have to throw in my 2 cents here: I feel very bad for our Moderators having to go through this.

The reality is that our Moderators are our benefactors. These guys have regular jobs and families and probably less time than many of us. Yet for the love of this community they generously donate their time (and the money - though they claim it isn't much) to run this site. What we have happening here certainly does nothing to ease their burden - especially during a time when many are trying to relax and enjoy themselves on vacation. This is added stress no one needs.

They have invited us into their "home" and said "Put up your feet. Mi casa es su casa. Can I get you anything? Here, have a pillow."

Occasionally, one of us will spill a drink on the rug - sometimes without realizing it. We, as guests, have two choices: 1) We can quietly help to wipe up the spill and do our best to keep our glass vertical, or 2) We can proceed to crap on the rug right in front of them and say "How's THAT for a stain HUH!?!?!?!"

I can't help but think Option 1 gives us all a better chance of having this place available for years to come."​

I believe this applies just as much now as it did then. I also feel that CT has chosen option #2 time after time after time. It is the reason I'm voting for an outright ban.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No one here likes the idea of a ban, but if we're going to have a code of conduct and not enforce it, then why have it?
Great point actually even though I originally said I was not for a banning people this is a very accurate post. If any one is consistently not following the code of conduct they should be banned.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t post nearly as much as others, and I have not had a personal issue with CT, but I have come across some posts where he is clearly trying to cause problems. I have also come across some posts, in the cooking section especially, where he is putting out some great content for someone like me who is brand new to smoking.

Obviously I don’t know all the behind the scenes things the administrators have to deal with, and it may be so much that they don’t have any patience left, but my thought is a little different than the options above. My take is he’s now on notice in no uncertain terms there is an issue. So treat him like he’s on probation from here on out. Hopefully he tones it down with the problem posts, continues to contribute with the positive stuff and genuine constructive criticism if warranted, and we all go back to a hell of a forum. If he doesn’t, then you all as administrators do what you have to do and ban him with no warning or discussion.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t post nearly as much as others, and I have not had a personal issue with CT, but I have come across some posts where he is clearly trying to cause problems. I have also come across some posts, in the cooking section especially, where he is putting out some great content for someone like me who is brand new to smoking.

Obviously I don’t know all the behind the scenes things the administrators have to deal with, and it may be so much that they don’t have any patience left, but my thought is a little different than the options above. My take is he’s now on notice in no uncertain terms there is an issue. So treat him like he’s on probation from here on out. Hopefully he tones it down with the problem posts, continues to contribute with the positive stuff and genuine constructive criticism if warranted, and we all go back to a hell of a forum. If he doesn’t, then you all as administrators do what you have to do and ban him with no warning or discussion.
I won't pretend to know the full details but I'm pretty sure he has already been on notice for a long time thats why it has now gotten this far.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ban that bastard...he is a piece of shit cause he says things we don’t like.

Group thought and Yamaha #1!!!

As long as we keep telling each other we are the best...we have nothing to fear!

Yeah team!

DEA1C30B-FF69-406F-994E-CB8EF7C066BF.jpeg 8237D3B4-5DB1-4C8D-A467-5D8A3A77CDE1.jpeg

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

As long as we keep telling each other we are the best...we have nothing to fear!

Yeah team!

View attachment 81292 View attachment 81293
This is typical ignorance. Everything is open for discussion here.

There are threads on non-jet boats. These are full video reviews and extended discussions of what boat they will step up to when leaving Yamaha.

There are threads discussing every issue about these Yamahas. Every flaw is talked about in detail. There are even posts about ongoing lawsuits and how Yamaha completely walked away from their responsibility.

There are threads asking for purchase advice, and many times, the advice is to get a non-jet boat.

This forum is open to all discussions.

@ClemsonTiger, You've lost all credibility here.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Yeah team!

View attachment 81292 View attachment 81293
No, you're a POS because you like to stir the pot for no reason other than to see what bubbles to the top . . . . You no longer add any value here and I have watched you start thread where the intent was specifically to cause grief. Frankly, I don't understand how you have the time or the energy to be so negative. I believe we all have put up with it long enough and it's time for you to be sent packing.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe the forum has spoken.

Let’s not let this pot boil over.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm relatively new here but this guy's posts caught my attention from day one and I was puzzled why his rude and sarcastic posts were allowed to continue. When I joined this group, I signed up to a well defined set of rules and regulations in exchange for the privilege to participate in the forum. It seems very cut and dry to me that if I continually break those rules, in spite of numerous warnings, I can expect to be thrown out. Such is the case here. I'm sorry but I don't buy the argument that just because he throws in a few acceptable posts here there that gives him a pass on the numerous posts that are clearly out of line. Sure, we all can just ignore him as I do, but the Admins cannot. They have to deal his crap all the time as it directly impacts the forum operations. I don't see the fine line here; you have rules, enforce them or don't have any at all.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I say we just stop responding to this thread and let it slide to oblivion I think the admins have enough responses on here to justify what ever choice they make unless the admins want to close it and let it go away

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After reading the responses to this poll the @Administrative Crew has decided to ban Dingle first followed by ClemsonTiger second.

It is unfortunate that this was necessary.

I wish Mr. Tiger the best in his future pursuits.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Administrative would love nothing more than for us to never have to deal with reported posts... It is work. We'd prefer to play.

We've only had 2 members that have ever had multiple posts reported. One died (of a heart attack I think ) the other is the topic of this thread.

I do hope we can return to the usual polite decorum of the forum. Since Clemson deleted all his good content, his continued presence was only to poke/prod members in (often) less than positive ways.

Our goal has always been to avoid banning members....but we knew we'd have to eventually. Very glad it took 4 years to reach this point! We also wanted to be sure the process and actions were transparent. No hidden agendas, and we always want to include the members whenever possible. Some may think we took too long to do this, but that was because we didn't want to rush to judgment. Thank you for your support.

Back to boating topics!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.