• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not a doc. Do our bodies develop (antibodies?) to fight this virus, if we get it? That is, once you get it you can't get it again? Or if you had a mild case of it, you won't get it again? Or, we don't develop antibodies to a virus?
What @ctyke said. The way it looks, what the covid virus appears to be doing is - the virus appears to mutate to become more infectious but less virulent at the same time, sneaky thing.
It will be with us for a while. But because there are fewer strains and it’s less diverse than flu the covid vaccine, when it finally arrives, should be more effective than current flu vaccines.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am just gonna stay on my Hilltop for a while. With all this crap going on across the Lake and a few hours South. Burlington is a hot spot now.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm a electrical engineer in construction, designing electrical systems in NYC. Thankfully it's been quiet and no jobs have been put on hold. I have 1 hotel/residential/commercial due this Friday for GMP pricing set and 3 residential jobs due on April 10th. Super busy here.

But a lot of construction sites are shut down. My brother is in the elevator union and a lot of the other trades have been home for 1-2 weeks (depending on the contractor). As of Friday they closed down the residential site that he was working on because it's "non-essential". We're all surprised it lasted as long as it did. I think contractors are fighting this "non-essential" construction thing because it's very hard to start back up after being shut for a few weeks. Not only that, concrete pours don't wait for anything, even coronavirus.
I work for a commercial roofing manufacturer. A contractor of mine was supposed to start DFW Terminal A reroof with my products 2nd week of April, that job was put on hold 2 weeks ago. I also have a contractor that has the American Airlines new fullfilment center on the North side of DFW airport, that project was put on hold last week. I have another contractor that was awarded the new expansion to the Cooper Tire plant in Texarkana with my products, project put on hold last week. American Airlines Cheyenne kitchen project, put on hold last week. I also do work for Phillip Morris and US Smokeless Tobacco and go word both plants were shut down last week. Right now our manufacturing plant is running, but we are ramping up production and have rented several warehouses throughout the country to stock material fearing we will have to shut down soon.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The first try was a video I do not know whether it loaded up probably not that’s from the top of a tower crane in New York City to Comfort coming into New York

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I work for a commercial roofing manufacturer. A contractor of mine was supposed to start DFW Terminal A reroof with my products 2nd week of April, that job was put on hold 2 weeks ago. I also have a contractor that has the American Airlines new fullfilment center on the North side of DFW airport, that project was put on hold last week. I have another contractor that was awarded the new expansion to the Cooper Tire plant in Texarkana with my products, project put on hold last week. American Airlines Cheyenne kitchen project, put on hold last week. I also do work for Phillip Morris and US Smokeless Tobacco and go word both plants were shut down last week. Right now our manufacturing plant is running, but we are ramping up production and have rented several warehouses throughout the country to stock material fearing we will have to shut down soon.
Yeah my post was inaccurate. What it should say is that the design hasn't been put on hold. Most construction has been put on hold though.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not a doc. Do our bodies develop (antibodies?) to fight this virus, if we get it? That is, once you get it you can't get it again? Or if you had a mild case of it, you won't get it again? Or, we don't develop antibodies to a virus?
Sorry, this is about a week old (which feels like ancient history, lol) - but it may answer some of your questions.
the procedure has already been approved as of last week and our blood bank directors are gearing up.
I’m a clinical lab/diagnostics medical director and not directly involved with patients, but can tell you it is a great way to treat those most in trouble, and very safe.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@swatski I think you were saying these rapid tests were testing for a viral reaction not the RNA of the virus itself. Do you agree this one looks more promising?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski I think you were saying these rapid tests were testing for a viral reaction not the RNA of the virus itself. Do you agree this one looks more promising?

Sorry, yes - that's correct, this is a direct RNA test. Not antibodies.
Amazing test developed in record time!
They use (design GENIUS!!!) probes labeled with fluorescent dyes to detect the viral RNA, directly, with minimal amplification. Hence the time is so short, there is no RT-PCR RNA conversion to cDNA.
This is released on emergency use authorization, and has not been thoroughly tested, there is a gazzilion possible caveats (limit of detection, mutating sites for hybridization targets etc etc) and probe less used/known/characterized RdPp (RNA-dependent RNA-polymerase) regions of the virus, not the N regions like all the well characterized RT-PCR tests. But that company is amazing and has been known and established themselves producing some of the best probes for "FISH" - used in cytogenetics and molecular genetics. They are second to absolutely no one (Abbott).

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone considering COVID drugs, evidence /data available thus far (including from the French) is "equivocal at best", at least TDBOMK.
There is no evidence-based treatment/cure, yet.

This is probably the best I've seen it explained in plain English:
[Perry Wilson, MD, provided further context arguing for complete transparency about what is known and what is not. "If we want to use hydroxychloroquine, that is a reasonable choice, but we need to tell the public the truth: We're not too sure it will work, and it may even be harmful. ]

--

Last edited:

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My brother and our friend are making 3d printed face shields and intubation boxes. He has a fundraiser going on facebook now. Maybe tomorrow i'm going to go deliver some PPE to local hospitals here in NYC.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My brother and our friend are making 3d printed face shields and intubation boxes. He has a fundraiser going on facebook now. Maybe tomorrow i'm going to go deliver some PPE to local hospitals here in NYC.

Also, if you know anybody that needs this equipment please DM me. I can see about getting it shipped to you free of charge.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Found the old style N95 masks hiding in my garage. These will be better than the surgical masks we’ve been having to use just for some form of protection. I need my UV curing cabinet now but it’s at work. Oh well better than nothing.

C284CE82-0D6C-4CA2-B1A2-DE46E1DDF676.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.