• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CoVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 Information and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have no desire to fund a youtuber who clearly capitalizes on people's lack of understand of how medicine and healthcare works. I'm sure he sprinkles in enough truth to keep people watching - just not me.
The condescension is entirely unnecessary but noted. So, you refuse to check the source’s body of work but your preconceived notions about it remain unstirred. OK.

Interesting that you bring up Lancet and a piece published about excess deaths and the piece’s suggestion that COVID fatalities are very likely significantly undercounted globally. Not sure if Campbell referenced this exact study, but he periodically has covered other similar studies that came to the exact same conclusion. He has stated a number of times that the various research and data sets he has seen (and he has shown, with publisher and researchers clearly documented so viewer can dive in if desired - as he does in every video) nearly all come to the same conclusion. And - note he usually points out when he is giving an opinion - he also says he agrees with that assessment that COVID deaths have very likely been systematically undercounted.

For discussion purposes, another resource that has widely and thoroughly explored COVID for two years is MEDCRAM, specifically Dr. Sehault. He is a medical doctor, board certified in multiple specialties (I think four) and has been a peer medical educator for years (if anyone is biased against bs/ms/PhD nurses). He leans very heavily into the biochemical aspects of the disease and many issues around it. He is opinionated but also presents a lot of interesting information.
Both MEDCRAM / Dr Sehault and Dr John Campbell have been making and publishing videos aimed to some extent at non-professionals about COVID since the early days of the outbreaks. Makes for interesting an time machine to show how the research has changed and broadened over time, which initial guesses proved well-founded, which didn’t, etc.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@GTBRMC, my post above (#537) was a direct response to adrianp89's post (#536) of my earlier post, as he wrongly calls me naive in understanding the FDA review process.

Jim
Oh, I misunderstood. Please accept my apologies. Cheers.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@GTBRMC, my post above (#537) was a direct response to adrianp89's post (#536) of my earlier post, as he wrongly calls me naive in understanding the FDA review process.

Jim
Certainly not what I said, but hey misinformation is the whole subplot here.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Oh, I misunderstood. Please accept my apologies. Cheers.
No worries. I'm glad we can talk about these things. Stay safe.

Jim

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Certainly not what I said, but hey misinformation is the whole subplot here.
No misinformation at all. You literally posted to me, "You cannot really be that naïve."

Jim

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The condescension is entirely unnecessary but noted. So, you refuse to check the source’s body of work but your preconceived notions about it remain unstirred. OK.

Interesting that you bring up Lancet and a piece published about excess deaths and the piece’s suggestion that COVID fatalities are very likely significantly undercounted globally. Not sure if Campbell referenced this exact study, but he periodically has covered other similar studies that came to the exact same conclusion. He has stated a number of times that the various research and data sets he has seen (and he has shown, with publisher and researchers clearly documented so viewer can dive in if desired - as he does in every video) nearly all come to the same conclusion. And - note he usually points out when he is giving an opinion - he also says he agrees with that assessment that COVID deaths have very likely been systematically undercounted.

For discussion purposes, another resource that has widely and thoroughly explored COVID for two years is MEDCRAM, specifically Dr. Sehault. He is a medical doctor, board certified in multiple specialties (I think four) and has been a peer medical educator for years (if anyone is biased against bs/ms/PhD nurses). He leans very heavily into the biochemical aspects of the disease and many issues around it. He is opinionated but also presents a lot of interesting information.
Both MEDCRAM / Dr Sehault and Dr John Campbell have been making and publishing videos aimed to some extent at non-professionals about COVID since the early days of the outbreaks. Makes for interesting an time machine to show how the research has changed and broadened over time, which initial guesses proved well-founded, which didn’t, etc.
No condescension intended. I watched half of the video you linked and was totally unimpressed. I then Googled the guy and read about his more controversial opinions and that sealed it for me....not worth my time. If you enjoy it....have at it.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No misinformation at all. You literally posted to me, "You cannot really be that naïve."

Jim
"as he wrongly calls me naive in understanding the FDA review process."

No one doubts your understanding of the process. You believing that the process works 100% as designed and is honest and truthful is naïve.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
"as he wrongly calls me naive in understanding the FDA review process."

No one doubts your understanding of the process. You believing that the process works 100% as designed and is honest and truthful is naïve.
Now you are putting words in my mouth. Never said it was 100% foolproof. However, knowing the approval process I do believe it is honest and truthful. You, of course, are free to believe whatever you want.

This is the second time you have called me "naive". How about making a point without insulting my intelligence?

Jim

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Now you are putting words in my mouth. Never said it was 100% foolproof. However, knowing the approval process I do believe it is honest and truthful. You, of course, are free to believe whatever you want.

This is the second time you have called me "naive". How about making a point without insulting my intelligence?

Jim
🙄

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
  • Link below is a video detailing the Omicron BA2 wave that has hit and washed over South Africa and Denmark, is hitting UK in earnest right now, and is starting to gain steam in the US
  • Discussion is factual, all data is cited, very little if anything presented is other than reporting and displaying facts with graphical trending shown
  • General points to consider are presented up front, more detail in latter parts of video
  • This video is much more representative of presenter’s typical video than the one where he was reacting to Pfizer / CDC data release… which provides some context for his demonstrativeness in that particular video
  • Those that have preconceived notions about his information need not watch
  • Encourage open-minded people with interest to take the Pepsi Challenge and make up their own minds regarding level of facts, knowledge, bias, credibility, etc. in play

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
nah man keep pumping that remdesiver into the patients even though it does nothing and probably causes kidney damage. Get that hospital some big fat checks. Nice . Gots to get dem taxpayers to come up with another 5 billion for treatment that doesn’t work but we get paid. O Look New England Journal of Medicine study.
This is the best part

“These remdesivir, hydroxychloroquine, lopinavir, and interferon regimens had little or no effect on hospitalized patients with Covid-19, as indicated by overall mortality, initiation of ventilation, and duration of hospital stay”

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2023184

Hopefully all dem gots medicare and we get another 20% bonus. woohoo we gettin paid big money YO.

New COVID-19 Treatments Add-On Payment (NCTAP) | CMS

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Tell me you have no idea what you are talking about without telling me you have no idea what you are talking about

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Tell me you have no idea what you are talking about without telling me you have no idea what you are talking about
Yeah....you posted on Remdesivir last September. Guess the studies are still proving the same thing. If your hospital wasn't using it....not sure which ones would? Gotta wonder why any would....except perhaps those connected to the drug manufacturer....which is actually a federal crime. But maybe foreign hospitals aren't so smart and someone knows this?

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah....you posted on Remdesivir last September. Guess the studies are still proving the same thing. If your hospital wasn't using it....not sure which ones would? Gotta wonder why any would....except perhaps those connected to the drug manufacturer....which is actually a federal crime. But maybe foreign hospitals aren't so smart and someone knows this?
Hmm... Two drug addicts I council received remdesivir just last week.
5 Billion in sales last year and Gilead sciences are predicting 2 Billion in sales this year with robust sales going into 2023. At 2700 a dose that translates into 750,000 doses.

As a matter of fact the FDA approved it for outpatient treatment just 2 months ago.

Could it be that those who think they know don't really know what they think they know and just like to ridicule and demean.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hmm... Two drug addicts I council received remdesivir just last week.
5 Billion in sales last year and Gilead sciences are predicting 2 Billion in sales this year with robust sales going into 2023. At 2700 a dose that translates into 750,000 doses.

As a matter of fact the FDA approved it for outpatient treatment just 2 months ago.

Follow the money! Gotta wonder how many people in the government increased their investments in Gilead over the last 2 years! Just like those that would invest in say, Boeing right before a major government deal is announced to buy their planes! Legal insider trading.....ok...not legal, but the fine is $200....laughable.

The rich getting richer off the backs of everyday people.

But don't worry....it will trickle down!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Could it be that those who think they know don't really know what they think they know and just like to ridicule and demean.
Yeah, when you throw out veiled accusations of tailoring treatments based on quid pro quo or similar monetary kickbacks, don't expect a warm and fuzzy response.

As mentioned by @Julian back in September when good data came out saying it doesn't work I brought it up. Yeah, I know it's been approved for outpatient therapy. Not that you will ever know, but I have never prescribed it for outpatient.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nah man. Go away with those main stream studies. Dr watchamacalit told me on the YouTubes that it works. Sooooooo......
What information or data did this post bring to this discussion? I noticed that you like to ridicule or demean people and was just wondering what feeling of inadequacy a person must have to consistently post drivel like this. You ridicule an entire bunch of people and then get all butthurt when your profession is questioned about blatant profiteering going on in prescribing of a drug that clearly has no use in the treatment of covid. The post above was insulting and it doesn’t seem to bother you. Maybe do unto others as you would like done to yourself would be appropriate in this case. By the way I never said anything about you in particular and was just generalizing the same way as you in the post above. The only difference is I am not butthurt. Don’t expect people to have the warm and fuzzies after you do your ridicule thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.