• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dodged a large bullet yesterday

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yesterday a tornado crossed my street 5 houses down from us. Houses with trees on them.. power out... but we had no damage... of course our power has been out for the past 20 hours but I can deal with that..

Attachments

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Glad you are one of the lucky ones! Storms came thru Houston last week and had a nearby lightning strike. No damage to the house, but it fried 1AC unit, the thermostat, 2 big screen TVs, surround sound system, cordless phones, speakers, 2DVRs, satellite TV system to name a few. Weird thing is I have a whole house surge protector but this surge came thru the phone lines, bypassing my breaker box!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow, hopefully everyone is ok?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad you are one of the lucky ones! Storms came thru Houston last week and had a nearby lightning strike. No damage to the house, but it fried 1AC unit, the thermostat, 2 big screen TVs, surround sound system, cordless phones, speakers, 2DVRs, satellite TV system to name a few. Weird thing is I have a whole house surge protector but this surge came thru the phone lines, bypassing my breaker box!
Friend of mine had the same happen. He thinks it hit the AC unit and came into his house. Fried a bunch of stuff.

Mike & Lilly

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Glad you guys are ok, sorry for your neighbors hopefully the electricity comes back soon

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
WE were lucky....no damage to the house....just electronics and nobody hurt. Cost me about $3000+ but I hear of other stories and I have nothing to complain about....just be thankful it wasnt worse!

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to hear you're ok. A storm came through 2 weekends ago and a lightning strike hit nearby a neighbors house. House caught on fire . . . caused lots of damage, but the 2 small babies and mother were able to get out ok. This was in Charlotte, so not sure what's up in good ol' NC.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yesterday a tornado crossed my street 5 houses down from us. Houses with trees on them.. power out... but we had no damage... of course our power has been out for the past 20 hours but I can deal with that..
Glad you're safe!