• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First time out and I hit the damn dock

Jmiller912

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maiden voyage today. it was very windy, steering sucks and it happened. I hit the dock. Scratched my ar240 sticker. 3 long scratches that I can now see nice blue paint thru Instead of the white sticker. Anyone have any luck finding anything the can help fix the missing white from the scratches. I tried tears but that didn’t work.

jstat17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How about white auto pinstriping to patch the scuffs/scrapes on the decal? Worst case I just bought decals from Yamaha sports plaza for my 17 240. Wasnt to bad. Best of luck.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am very sorry you experienced this on your maiden voyage. Truthfully, that is when it is most likely to happen. Steering doesn’t suck, the steering and thrust positions actually allow you to do a lot of things other boats can’t; but it definitely takes practice. I was thinking white pinstripe from the auto store to cover it as well. Get more practice in wind before buying the whole sticker.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jetboaters.net has nice stickers for sale in the swag section.....

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Yamaha decals are paper thin/cheap and scratch easy....Nice part they are cheap to buy. If it’s bad enough just buy new decals and change out when your ready to sell it.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry this happened. You will get better at docking and the various techniques involved when docking in the wind or strong currents. Two things come to mind for unsolicited advice. One, the Bimini top can work against you when trying to control the boat in the wind, and 2) if you have a choice of docking on the outer rails of a dock or going directly into a slip, the outside rail is much more user friendly, at least it is for me. Sometimes the wind and current can just push you right up against it instead of having to navigate speed and control into a slip.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maiden voyage today. it was very windy, steering sucks and it happened. I hit the dock. Scratched my ar240 sticker. 3 long scratches that I can now see nice blue paint thru Instead of the white sticker. Anyone have any luck finding anything the can help fix the missing white from the scratches. I tried tears but that didn’t work.
I did something similar last year, but not on my first trip out. Look at the bright side, you got your first/scratch ding out the way. It should all be smooth sailing from here on out :) You are going to get dings, scratches, etc. At least most people are. Especially on Windy days. I was out today too on LSC and it was rough.

It could of been a lot worse.

Also, it is just as painful when the Admiral does it, but I can't yell at her..........

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hang in there I was bad at first, only 1 season later and I think I'm pretty damn good.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Rubbin is racin.

Wait, wrong sport/hobby.. But it isnt going to affect any of the fun you will have the rest of the year. Dont sweat it. Just a sticker. No real damage. Stickers come off and there is a boat under them. Lol

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rubbin is racin.

Wait, wrong sport/hobby.. But it isnt going to affect any of the fun you will have the rest of the year. Dont sweat it. Just a sticker. No real damage. Stickers come off and there is a boat under them. Lol
Get more comfortable and get some reps under your belt, then pull those stickers off!

Ibeflyinhigh

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Avoid going out on very windy days. I had to make three passes at the dock to pick my passanger up the wind was so bad. I wont get caught out there again. I dont need dock rash or even worse. I would just replace the decals.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thought it sucks and particularly annoying on a new boat, our boats are not meant to be collectors items.
My boat still has scars from the 2017 Bimini crossing and she wears them with pride.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I say just remove the entire thing. I think the boats look better w the clean look anyway

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Will this docking attempt be showing up on YouTube?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wouldn't worry about that battle scar for now, get some more time on the water or install Thrust Vector/Cobra steering if you don't have it yet, that'll help you somehow on windy condition or if theres a lot of boat traffic.