• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Go Pro for Bimini Trip

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried to get 20% on REI..could not find it..went all the way through process before exiting. Just bought it from Rakuten (link I posted earlier).

Looking for accessories now (monopod, head strap & UV filter ?? (Why and which one?)

Also, looking at batteries...have to be VERY careful. I've found batteries of different AH being sold. Many don't advertise the spec. Anywhere from 1160 AH to 1600 AH

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried to get 20% on REI..could not find it..went all the way through process before exiting. Just bought it from Rakuten (link I posted earlier).

Looking for accessories now (monopod, head strap & UV filter ?? (Why and which one?)

Also, looking at batteries...have to be VERY careful. I've found batteries of different AH being sold. Many don't advertise the spec. Anywhere from 1160 AH to 1600 AH
The UV filter will help cut down the glare off the water and hold back some of the sun. Ideally with a gopro you will want to shoot with the sun to your back anything with the sun in front of you is going to have some serious glare you will have to edit out in post production. Yes that batteries can be differnt one of mine only lasts about half as long as the other. Yesterday I had my go pro turned on the entire time about 8 hours I shot 97 clips totaling about 2 hours and 20 minutes on 1080p 30 frames per second I went through the first battery and about half of the second.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it just a standard UV filter?..no colors?..brand(s)?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a simple edit done in gopro studios still trying to get my power director to function properly and stop freezing. This was shot in 1080p 30 frames perscond with no filter. This is also shot using a chest harness on a jet ski so not the best shots would be much easier being shot woth someone else shooting on a boat. This is the Charleston to Lake Moultrie run we did yesterday 140 miles round trip on the water in one day. Make sure you adjust the setting on you tube to play back in 720 or 1080.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is a cool video and the chesty worked well for you. For those of us that don't ever boat in locks, it's cool to see how they operate!

David Hoff

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I must say after reading this thread, I'm even more excited about the Bimini trip. I bought the Hero 4 silver a few weeks ago and I've quickly realized that I'm better suited for DSLR route. Video editing is a major time commitment! Anyways, I'll have my GoPro with me any anyone interested in borrowing it for a day or two is more than welcome.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I must say after reading this thread, I'm even more excited about the Bimini trip. I bought the Hero 4 silver a few weeks ago and I've quickly realized that I'm better suited for DSLR route. Video editing is a major time commitment! Anyways, I'll have my GoPro with me any anyone interested in borrowing it for a day or two is more than welcome.
@David Hoff if you take footage let me know i will transfer some to a laptop before we leave and I will edit it in with my footage to get several perspectives of the trip. I plan to have two gopros on that trip and a third would just add to the differnt things i could throw together.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length