• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How Many Continents have you been on?

How Many continents have you been to?

Votes: 12 17.4%

Votes: 10 14.5%

Votes: 24 34.8%

Votes: 16 23.2%

Votes: 4 5.8%

Votes: 3 4.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Someone in one of our recent company meetings mentioned they'd been to 5 of 7 continents as their "something unusual about themselves" intro. Thought it would be an interesting topic here....

So how many have you been to? There are 7 -N.America,S. America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, Antarctica. Which ones are you missing? I'm missing Antarctica, Africa and Australia....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have been to 4 Julian, but not traveled at all in Asia...just the airport and hotel area, although I have covered Narita and Osaka a little, it isn't like getting out in the country and seeing it like you have in India.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been to 5. Just need to hit south america (likely) and antarctica (unlikely). Cam.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have been to 5. Just need to hit south america (likely) and antarctica (unlikely). Cam.
I was looking at various maps and some put the Caribbean in South America, some in North....so depending on which you chose...that might increase one's #! Yeah...Antarctica is unlikely for me too! I'd would love to go to both Africa and Australia!

I was in Venezuela in the early 70s....not been back since for some reason! LOL

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
3 continents and 47 states.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2 continents, US and Australia. You know what would be cool, take our jet boats up one of those river cruises in Europe. I'll have to put that on the list!!

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Planning some retirement work in Chile so I will have to visit there beforehand in the next few years to check it out. That will cross SA off my list. Cam.

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
5 continents with only Australia and Antarctica to go. To be realistic, Antarctica is not going to happen, but hopefully Australia. Trouble would be getting the boat there, that is a long boat ride!! :winkingthumbsup"

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
3 continents and 38 States. All of the continents (other than North America) were traveled to by water while I was serving on a 378 foot Coast Guard Cutter stationed out of Honolulu. Also included is multiple south pacific islands.

Retired37

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
During my 22 years of active duty in the US Army I served and went to 6 of them including North America. the only one I was lucky enough to miss was Antarctica. Good memories from all (Note some not so good ones as well)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
During my 22 years of active duty in the US Army I served and went to 6 of them including North America. the only one I was lucky enough to miss was Antarctica. Good memories from all (Note some not so good ones as well)
Thank you for your service and love of this free land.

Aces_Over_Kings

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Five, unless Aruba counts as South America for being 20 miles off of Venezuela. In that case, six.

Otherwise, missing South America and Antarctica. Seen some pretty amazing sites (Maasai Mara Kenya, temples in Thailand, DMZ in Korea) and some pretty phenomenally awful places (Bangladesh, Iraq in 2003) and many in between.

Lately, I just prefer my vacations with a deep cooler, shallow anchor, fuel in the tank, and nothing in the impeller.

DonWon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Four. North America, South America, Africa and Asia.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I was looking at various maps and some put the Caribbean in South America, some in North....so depending on which you chose...that might increase one's #! Yeah...Antarctica is unlikely for me too! I'd would love to go to both Africa and Australia!

I was in Venezuela in the early 70s....not been back since for some reason! LOL
I thought so too...Had to change my vote....If you count the Caribbean then up me one. just missing Antarctica, Australia, and Africa.

Mike Harris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Been to 6 of the 7. Aircrew in the AF for 18 years gave me opportunity to hit every state in the US to include Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.