• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrojet Pro

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New type of steering system. Anyone know anything about these folks and products? Interesting design.

www.hydrojetpro.com

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmm I wonder why their product doesn't work on 2013 and 14 boats?

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
$380 for a new product that looks to be tied to the reverse buckets? Seems off to me as I want steering control in forward not reverse.

Seems over priced as well..

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A waste of $380 for a product which is unnecessary for jet boats that have precision steering by their very nature.....

Higgy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Yeah I dunno about all that... I'm also willing to bet you won't get as good of customer service as @Cobra Jet Steering LLC provides. So far I'm just running his Fangs system without any fins and I'm pretty happy with just those.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks a little like a Cheap Chinese knock off. I also don't get the idea behind lifting the fins up in the forward position when you want the most fin influence.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah....having the fins effectively useless when in forward is dumb!
At least they're in the water while in reveres... That must be their back-up plan. ;)

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Gym I see what ya did there. ;)

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Their marketing claim is that once you decide to slow down it takes time for most (non fixed) fins to drop down and provide better steering. Their fins drop the moment you cut the throttle. Also claiming that fins stay down up to 1/3 throttle?? I don't see it. Looks like the owner/designer is posting on the other site's facebook page and is getting hammered by comments. Most are saying he's ripping off Will at jet boat pilot.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"Patent pending"... :rolleyes:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Their marketing claim is that once you decide to slow down it takes time for most (non fixed) fins to drop down and provide better steering. Their fins drop the moment you cut the throttle. Also claiming that fins stay down up to 1/3 throttle?? I don't see it. Looks like the owner/designer is posting on the other site's facebook page and is getting hammered by comments. Most are saying he's ripping off Will at jet boat pilot.
From the area code they are in the Dallas area, and I don't know who ripped off who conceptually....but there was a first to market.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here you go, I have something to ad to this, Cobra Venom Ultimates No plastic parts, selectable so you can choose to have it rise up at speed or stay down at speed, fins are independently adjustable so you can even stagger them on the twin engine boats for a variety of settings, spring loaded, no bars or other obstructions between the fins dragging in the water below the nozzle, upgradable for power steering and improved reverse control, No steering is more versatile or more effective not even the factory steering. With 3 us patents and one more pending plus 15 years of experience I don't see what the attraction is to those not one bit.
I could point out several issues I see with them But I won't bother.
Oh and the Ultimates for a twin engine boat are priced slightly less with free shipping in the U S A. So regardless of any one's claims I would suggest you do your homework and use some common sense when choosing steering systems to add to your boat because the choice you make has a huge impact on the amount of enjoyment you get when you are out on the water . Just my input on this subject. I never started out to build a business , I started out solving a problem I had with a jet boat I purchased for my own use, once I fixed the steering issue I loved the boat and realized others would also appreciate the difference in their jet boat as well.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From the area code they are in the Dallas area, and I don't know who ripped off who conceptually....but there was a first to market.
Seriously?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The seller is 24 miles from Brian Dorsett (YJB operator). I wonder if he decided to build his own fins. Getting into the fin market when there are already two strong players and Yamaha is adding their keel designs makes no sense to me.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The seller is 24 miles from Brian Dorsett (YJB operator). I wonder if he decided to build his own fins. Getting into the fin market when there are already two strong players and Yamaha is adding their keel designs makes no sense to me.
Doubtful. That's too far away. Given the photos of the product are in an aircraft hangar, and the address is at/near Addison airport it's even more doubtful.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"boat_rookie74" on YJB?
Unbelievable.