• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is this ok ? <Pump sealant>

mmarmouz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hi,

Have a 2024 222 XD, and by end of yesterday got issue with right propeller, wood stuck in there, was vibrating, did remove some by hand but was able to unstuck it by reverse, now everything is good no vibration even at 50 mph,

Here is a picture, and second picture is the left propeller to compare. Is thoses seals damage an issue or just esthetic? Opinion or suggestion?

Here is the damaged area

IMG_3388.jpeg

Here is the left side

IMG_3389.jpeg

Looks like a piss poor silicone job. I’d take a razor blade and scrape all of the excess off and see if you have any improvements. Can’t hurt even if there are no improvements.
I think the wood that was stuck did the damages, you see it in the top silicone, it was vibrating badly, maybe that selicone went out because of the vibration or the wood that was stuck in there.

Is there an issue if that selicone is damage ? Does water can go somewhere it’s not suppose to this way ?

I think the wood that was stuck did the damages, you see it in the top silicone, it was vibrating badly, maybe that selicone went out because of the vibration or the wood that was stuck in there.

Is there an issue if that selicone is damage ? Does water can go somewhere it’s not suppose to this way ?
The tunnel should be smooth so that the water isnt turbulent. I would do what @Babin Farms says and remove the pumps and cut that excess silicone out and even sand it smooth. I haven't seen one that bad. The stick caused the scrapping that you can see just before the impeller housing. The stick didn't cause that horrible silicone job
That is such bad quality control

The tunnel should be smooth so that the water isnt turbulent. I would do what @Babin Farms says and remove the pumps and cut that excess silicone out and even sand it smooth. I haven't seen one that bad. The stick caused the scrapping that you can see just before the impeller housing. The stick didn't cause that horrible silicone job
That is such bad quality control
Ok then I should ask them to fix it since it’s still under 1st year warranty ?

Ok then I should ask them to fix it since it’s still under 1st year warranty ?
I would but they might tell you isnt their problem. But that can cause vibration and cavitation

I would but they might tell you isnt their problem. But that can cause vibration and cavitation
Like a said there is no vibration at all. Just when the wood was stuck there and did remove it. No vibration at all went around 50 mph after that happen and everything was fine

Should be smooth or close anyway. Sloopy work at the factory and no QC had the guts to call out the dept reasonable...... poor MGT oversite.

So I should just smooth everything with a blade then ..

If you didn’t notice any problem up to the stick getting stuck you are golden, don’t over think it, do what the others have said and cut out the spooge and be done with it.

The tunnel has been cleaned from the black selicone

IMG_3406.jpeg

The only thing is this, wondering what is it ? Hard selicone ? Feel like metal ou aluminum.

IMG_3409.jpeg

IMG_3408.jpeg

The other side look like this, smoother

IMG_3407.jpeg

Looks like a piss poor silicone job. I’d take a razor blade and scrape all of the excess off and see if you have any improvements. Can’t hurt even if there are no improvements.
totally agree that is a horrid job and I bet once you clean that mess it will go faster

Back