• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Issue posting pics

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
🙄 This seems to be turning into a rabbit hole. YouTube forced this into a short, and the forum isn't letting me post it as every other vid before.

Adding a direct link:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get the feeling that with the multitude of phones and software out there, that this is a phone software issue, and not forum related, other than that they simply cannot account for all the options in existence.

IPhone is the primary optimization, and the popular common Androids may play well with others, but I have to be the odd duck! 😄

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks nothing like my keyboard when posting. I’m on here through Safari. What are you using!?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On Safari on iPhone my experience is similar to @Babin Farms . It unfortunately is probably not comparable/helpful to you @drewkaree. I used to have a problem uploading pics from my iPad until after an update or sys change to the site a couple of years ago. I do occasionally get the "Oops..." message, which is caused by my credentials somehow timing out, requiring me to log back in. I wonder if Firefox is opening a new session during your upload process and is not passing the credentials correctly. I would try a different browser on your phone, to at least see if it is different, let alone works. Something like seeing the buttons we see on the iPhone could "magically" appear. Try Chrome, and maybe DuckDuckGo. Or you could just buy an iPhone. ;)

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Or you could just buy an iPhone. ;)
Tried one, went back to the android. I also have had to use one that work provides, for the last who knows how many years.

For my preferences and usage, the iPhone will never be for me. like anything, after you have used it for a while you would get familiar with it, but I'm not unfamiliar with how the iPhone works, and they are ridiculously priced for a similar user experience for my needs. That dollar amount is a bigger improvement over any feature Apple has, including this issue I have with posting pics.

The contract fee per month, or the huge increase in cost of an unlocked phone over my Android smoothes over a lot of frustration 😁

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Tried one, went back to the android. I also have had to use one that work provides, for the last who knows how many years.

For my preferences and usage, the iPhone will never be for me. like anything, after you have used it for a while you would get familiar with it, but I'm not unfamiliar with how the iPhone works, and they are ridiculously priced for a similar user experience for my needs. That dollar amount is a bigger improvement over any feature Apple has, including this issue I have with posting pics.

The contract fee per month, or the huge increase in cost of an unlocked phone over my Android smoothes over a lot of frustration 😁
So do you have the same issue on Chrome? I'm on an android (also would never use an iphone....my wife has one...I get better features on my Samsung years before they reach an iphone....and my Samsung doesn't have a freakin GLASS BACK who's only purpose it to break so you have to buy a new phone sooner! - Disgusting really)

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So do you have the same issue on Chrome? I'm on an android (also would never use an iphone....my wife has one...I get better features on my Samsung years before they reach an iphone....and my Samsung doesn't have a freakin GLASS BACK who's only purpose it to break so you have to buy a new phone sooner! - Disgusting really)
Gotta give it a try yet, likely this weekend

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Chrome works, however, I'm not likely to use it. Similar to android vs iPhone, just a choice of mine, for reasons.

I guess it's a step in some direction, as I can narrow it down to Firefox now.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Chrome works, however, I'm not likely to use it. Similar to android vs iPhone, just a choice of mine, for reasons.

I guess it's a step in some direction, as I can narrow it down to Firefox now.
I wouldn't switch either. Google monitors everything you do. It is good to have made progress on the issue. Now that you know it isn't Android, there may be a setting that can be changed in Firefox.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't switch either. Google monitors everything you do. It is good to have made progress on the issue. Now that you know it isn't Android, there may be a setting that can be changed in Firefox.
And to think, I was tinkering around with Brave for a bit!

I'm looking into it, might be checking out a fresh FF install, or at least attempting a sandboxed version to see if I can narrow it down. Chrome on my phone isn't the worst thing in the world, since there's nothing to stop Google anyway. Wondering if Elon is actually working on an unmonitored phone, or if that was some internet rumor. THAT might be worth a few more shekels to me!

Looks like I may have a free day or so in late February, fingers crossed! *ugh*

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Because Apple doesn't! :winkingthumbsup"