• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Having fresh corvina ceviche at Coconuts restaurant. 8 min walk to the north from Bahia Mar. Mahi catch of the day

Alex&Elena

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are finally in Bahia mar, I mean I am. My wife and kids have been here since 3 and I was runing around town making a copy of my last key to the boat. See as soon as I pulled to fueel dock I dropped my keys in the water fortunately I was able to catch one key but I have 2 motors and each needs key to run.
Long story short I got the keys and just now took a dip in the pool.
Will see everyone at 7

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone should Facebook live the captains meeting on I bet it's going to be great lol

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seems like everyone is getting the issues out of their systems before the big departure. LoL

JKallay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Everyone be safe/Godspeed.

Someone please link your InReach or Spot so we can keep track of the crossing. Weather looks decent 2.2 @ 4 sec.

Pregame with Advil, stay on plane, set the cruise and enjoy the adventure.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I sent it to make sure the blue yonder is safe!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We arrived early today at Ft Lauderdale and after looking at the forecast we decided to head over today.....so here we are sitting in the Big Dippers at Bikini Sands!!!!!

The crossing today took us 3.5 hours and wasn't too bad. We had to detour around a storm...got soaked anyway....
20170709_203247.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Darn it!!! I was gonna sleep in your boat overnight tonight and pop out and surprise you in the Atlantic! Guess I'll have to walk to Bimini:(

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We arrived early today at Ft Lauderdale and after looking at the forecast we decided to head over today.....so here we are sitting in the Big Dippers at Bikini Sands!!!!!

The crossing today took us 3.5 hours and wasn't too bad. We had to detour around a storm...got soaked anyway....
View attachment 59208
I would have done the exact same thing. Glad you made it safe enjoy your extra day of Paradise!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The forecast looks slightly improved for tomorrow so that's a plus. Hope the meeting was good and everyone can get some sleep and double check all their supplies for the morning. I'll be thinking of y'all as I'm sweating away in Fire School in full gear in South FL

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh....and don't forget sunscreen!!!! We Did! Idiots!
When I was watching the video I was like damn they went prepared two dudes with two full size coolers and 15 gallons of gas on the back. To forget the sunscreen lol that's great! It happens to us all though the day before leaving for Abaco @Andy S calls me and says we are at the store do you need anything I say nope I'm good as I sit in my hotel room working in West Palm Thinking I have everything I need for the crossing and Andy texts back just wasn't sure if you needed any food or drinks for the crossing :nailbiting: I almost left on a 200 mile trip across the ocean with no snacks or water on the ski that would have sucked had he not said anything.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When I was watching the video I was like damn they went prepared two dudes with two full size coolers and 15 gallons of gas on the back. To forget the sunscreen lol that's great! It happens to us all though the day before leaving for Abaco @Andy S calls me and says we are at the store do you need anything I say nope I'm good as I sit in my hotel room working in West Palm Thinking I have everything I need for the crossing and Andy texts back just wasn't sure if you needed any food or drinks for the crossing :nailbiting: I almost left on a 200 mile trip across the ocean with no snacks or water on the ski that would have sucked had he not said anything.
The funny part is we had sunscreen...we just didn't apply it!!!! D'OH

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Go ahead and tell the whole story Robert. When we left Treasure Cay on the journey back home Robert and I departed about 30 minutes ahead of the boats where we would then meet them at our first fuel stop around 35 miles north at Spanish Cay. Well as we were pulling out of the marina Robert realized he didn't have his life jacket. So his first 35 miles were a little lighter then the last 165 miles.