• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love the idea. . . . BUT, would there be enough business to support it though. . . . That would be a big barge and an expensive fuel bill.

Also. . . .would there be import / export rules regulating that kind of business?
They run barges over there all of the time with fuel and supplies.
I'm sure it would be a niche business but would be nice if somebody started adding that service to increase business. I dont think there would be any import Regs broken as long as the vessels returned to the US with their owners.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think that someone should start a ferry barge service for trailer boats. Load them on the barge in Florida and deliver them to the Bahamas for splashing.... I'd pay $500 for that round trip.
Love the idea. . . . BUT, would there be enough business to support it though. . . . That would be a big barge and an expensive fuel bill.

Also. . . .would there be import / export rules regulating that kind of business?
The current ferry is capable of hauling cars. I assume it could carry boats. My understanding is that they plan to add the car ferrying option in the future.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doesn't the hinge points still work on the tower. I would put it on and rope it up with ropes from tower to rear outside cleats middle tow point and maybe even to the trailer bunk ubolts under swim deck any thing on back of boat that is reinforced

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
is there anyone who is staying until Sunday able to get my wife and daughter over to the ferry Saturday afternoon? i'll pay you. They are a little concerned about taking the water taxi to a regular taxi on Bimini North to the ferry terminal

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
is there anyone who is staying until Sunday able to get my wife and daughter over to the ferry Saturday afternoon? i'll pay you. They are a little concerned about taking the water taxi to a regular taxi on Bimini North to the ferry terminal
Just tell them to hold on and I'll be there.... next Saturday :winkingthumbsup"

Alex&Elena

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are leaving on Sunday on ferry, they are welcome to join we'll help in anyway we can

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are leaving on Sunday on ferry, they are welcome to join we'll help in anyway we can
thanks their tickets are for Saturday's departure at 7pm

Alex&Elena

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
thanks their tickets are for Saturday's departure at 7pm
Me and my wife will take them tomorrow
We ware told that we have to check in early for ferry departure. Find out what time they have to be there. And we'll take em all the way to ferry.

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
oh thats great! thank you

ill pm you her cell number

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
My wife and kids are taking the same ferry. If they all get together and take a taxi then they should be safe. Let me know if you found any alternatives.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Me and my wife will take them tomorrow
We ware told that we have to check in early for ferry departure. Find out what time they have to be there. And we'll take em all the way to ferry.
Can I also pm you my wife's number ?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@DiverB, @Amar Nanduri, Bimini is very safe. My experience is that the locals appreciate our being here and are very helpful.

Several of us are staying behind and can be reached on VHF channel 69.

Amar and I talked through the travel process this evening. They need to go to the Bimini Sands office and ask for a taxi to the water taxi or walk the half mile to the water taxi. Then it is $2 per person to cross to North Bimini. Once across they need to ride the Resorts World shuttle or get a taxi to the ferry dock.

I would take all luggage on your boats so they have a minimum to carry.

I no longer have access to the Ranger that I used for an airport pickup or I would take them to the water taxi myself. We could transport them by boat but that would not get them to the ferry dock. They would still have to cross the resort.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update on @swatski's crossing progress...

Thanks guys for all the helpful suggestions, the cargo shipping is complicated and impractical in my situation (read: impossible). And that tower of mine does not fit in my damn boat any other way than mounted up as intended from factory...

Yamaha people, who are handling our case really want all the parts/pieces to conduct their investigation, and they do not have a mechanism for shipping internationally, and no dealer support in the Bahamas.

We have tried everything....

We tried every possible position/orientation, there is just no way to make it safely strapped down without a serious risk of doing damage to the cockpit interior and its crew... Mounting it 180deg reversed (rear-swept) is not possible as the front pins/hinges do not fit in reverse.
upload_2017-7-15_0-24-14.png

Well, many thanks to @Edgar Almonte who has a misfortune of having his boat towed back tomorrow, he offered to ferry my fallen tower back stateside. I am incredibly grateful, this was a truly amazing gesture on Edgar's part. Thank you sir, lets hope it works.

Here is @Edgar Almonte and a bunch of jetboaters piggybacking my tower to his 242 LS structure:
upload_2017-7-15_0-27-47.png

Thank you @Edgar Almonte !!!

Also many thanks to @Jadams0527, @blacksapphirez, @Bill D, @Julian, @Betik, @DiverB and others for lending a hand and tools to make it happen! Appreciate everybody's help tremendously!
upload_2017-7-15_0-31-0.png

upload_2017-7-15_0-31-18.png

I sure hope this works...

@tim h has graciously agreed to ferry Kate and Gosia (our youngest, 11), while Sandra (16) and Magda (13) want to cross back with me. So proud of them.

Will be leaving tomorrow around 10.30a. We don't have tracking, just good ol' stationary VHF/DSC, chartplotters etc.

--

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I have a concern to address before I start back to Ft Lauderdale. There is water in the fuel tank compartment and is not going away even though both bilge pumps are on. I used sound insulation to insulate inside walls of this compartment facing the engine compartment. Is there a hole there for water to flow into the engine compartment? I opened the plug in the engine compartment without success. I want to know if I should remove the sound insulation in the fuel tank compartment before I start back. Thanks.

Edit...how do I get rid of this water ?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length