1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. After selling out of last years red and blue models, Eric Justason has ordered another round of Koozies. The new color options are Blue with Yellow Logo, Red with Black Logo and Yellow with Blue Logo. He is making them available for $1.25 each. You can order yours via his Order Form or you can discuss them in this Thread. All proceeds from Koozie sales go into future SWAG production and event sponsorship.

(Clicking the X in the top right hand corner will dismiss this notice).
    Dismiss Notice

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Bruce, Nov 30, 2016.

1. tim h

tim h Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +667 / 5
    Boat Make:
    Trophy
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SS
    Boat Length:
    I was just typing the same thing...

• Like Like x 1
  2. bronze_10

bronze_10 Jetboaters Commander

Ratings:
    +1,614 / 18
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    What happened to her?

3. Julian

Julian Jetboaters Fleet Admiral Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,102 / 65
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242X E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Made it home last night after having to get a replacement tire for the Audi that had a flat and I drove on it trashing it.....then drove north on I95 through serioulsy heavy rains and multiple accidents (likely from people driving too fast)....11 hour drive took 13.5....but now safe at home...and on the positive side...the boat got a nice rinse!

@swatski - thanks again for your guidance on moving the bow stop....trailer tows so much better with the proper weight distribution! Sorry you had so many problems with your boat/tower! Keep me posted on how your discussions go with Yamaha.

So many things I never got to in Bimini....but still had a great time!

@Bruce - thanks for organizing this! It takes a ton of work and coordination, and drives your stress levels up too! And thanks to the group leaders that helped guide all the new folks!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Valerie

Valerie Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +476 / 8
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    PWC
    She busted her mouth open. When I first saw her her chin was covered in blood, I must admit I panicked a little when I saw her. She drove back in though, she's a tough chick, that's for sure!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. bronze_10

bronze_10 Jetboaters Commander

Ratings:
    +1,614 / 18
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    On s ski? Geezzz..

6. blacksapphirez

blacksapphirez Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +560 / 19
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    so now i'm done with the trip... who wants a SX240? I've been meaning to upgrade to a limited S ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. swatski

swatski Jetboaters Admiral

Ratings:
    +4,012 / 48
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Well, I like to use the shipping cover for long trips (trailering) and premium cover for mooring. The shipping cover when tighten up snag does not scratch or dull the gelcoat like the premium can. Works very well.

You know, because it is very important to take really good care of your boat. LMFAO.

Damn, we are still not home, we had to call work.

--

• Bummer Dude!!!! Bummer Dude!!!! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
  8. swatski

Ratings:
    +4,012 / 48
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    @Julian Thank you so much, I appreciate your help and advice tremendously. I needed that, especially upon my arrival when I was a bit shaken.

--

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Majorsmackdown

Majorsmackdown Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +498 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Excellent - right on time. I was afraid to get it done right someone would need a little time with it. BTW, I was glad to help you get here so your family could poke fun at my orange hat.

;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Valerie

Valerie Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +476 / 8
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    PWC
    @Betik & @Amar Nanduri Please tell Claire, Sara and Anu that I can not respond on facebook because my phones touch screen is broken, I can read and see everything but that's it. I should have a new phone waiting for me at home when I get off of work *fingers crossed*

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. jameskeller76

jameskeller76 Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +285 / 10
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Not sure if it is in the Bimini suggestions but based on this year everyone should store their anchor somewhere else when crossing. That hurts to look at !

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Bill D

Bill D Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 28
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    Couldn't agree more! There is zero need to have an anchor in the locker and so much downside. I don't care how much padding or precaution is taken... the cons outweigh the pros! Lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Majorsmackdown

Ratings:
    +498 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    I wondered the same thing....?? Folks say the shipping cover doesn't last - but it's softer than the 'premium' cover.

1. Could you put the premium cover over the shipping cover for long hauls ? Maybe a big hassle.

2. Drive slower ? 65 helped a lot I think.

3. If you drove through wet, dirty, sandy, gritty roads would that funk get in between the cover and hull anyhow ? I think grit was 1/2 my problem last year. Last year we did a lot of driving in the rain.

That said, I did a 1100 mile tow after bimini last year and used blue tape where I remembered chafing. The blue tape worked great but other areas of contact showed minor abrasion.

My dealer gave me the boat with the premium cover installed and poles in place. I towed to Florida last year that way. I've since learned to not use the poles when trailering and to put blue tape from a little below the cover on up to the rub rail for about the rear 2/3 of the length and fully wrap the front 'corners' with about a foot wide patch from below the cover to the rub rail. Takes a little under 2 rolls per application and about 20 minutes. Very good investment if you're hauling in rain or winter or a long way. And i do believe speed is a factor.

I drove at speeds of 80 and up to 85 last year. This year I stayed 65 most of the time with little blips to 70 in florida. I had no diamond plate cracking till florida (florida has some bouncy ass'd roads) I did have brand new fenders and all the factory star washers were giving up their grip at about 1000 miles. I replaced them all with nylocs. The nylocs don't loosen up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. swatski

Ratings:
    +4,012 / 48
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Keep in mind Yamaha fixed that issue in 2015+ models which have a FRP insert/cabinet inside the bow anchor locker preventing this kind of damage. I still have it padded and put a couple of small bumper in to cushion it.

--

• Like Like x 2
  15. jameskeller76

jameskeller76 Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +285 / 10
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Ah, thanks. Didn't realize they were different. I have my small box anchor in there and I would want to remove it. Not sure the box anchor is the best option for Bimini anyway.

16. swatski

Ratings:
    +4,012 / 48
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    We towed a lot this year but not as much as you!
    I find the factory shipping cover, when ratcheted real tight, to work great for towing. My trailer fenders/plates seem to fare much better this year with new radials and big (2") washers w/neoprene lining to hold those diamond plates down.

--

• Like Like x 2
  17. Majorsmackdown

Ratings:
    +498 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    My 2 cents. My '16 model holds a fluke anchor nicely and I got the fortress fx7 because its super light. It can safely be kept in the anchor locker in my particular boat.

It also hooked nicely everywhere I tried. But we didn't have any heavy winds this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Majorsmackdown

Ratings:
    +498 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Amar ! You had to spend the night at harbour towne ? Wow. You're a trooper !

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. justason

justason Jetboaters Captain SWAG Forum Lead

Ratings:
    +1,551 / 22
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    That is brutal to look at. For those out there with Anchor damage, was it a matter of front ladder being removed at all ? I took my ladder out and can see where it would break free of the plastic tabs with much more freedom to move around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Bill D

Bill D Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 28
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    Mine was a box anchor. I tied it down, but should have simply removed it from the locker. It makes total sense that it would beat around the locker, but I thought i could mitigate it. I also had 2 layers of the weight lifting mats in the locker, but it beat right through them.

P.S. - The box anchor is of no use in Bimini. The danforth that I had stowed in the rear compartment would have been much better. Live and learn I suppose.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1