• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hey guys, the Bimini Toy Drive is running short on toys this year. It is too late to ship anything so they are requesting PayPal contributions to toys that will be purchased locally. The Vander Werf's are paying for the fuel, maintenance and customs and immigration fees to deliver these toys to Bimini. I imagine those costs are in the low thousands on their own. I chipped in $100. Lets help them if we can.
I replied to another Bimini thread, but is this tax deductible as a non-for profit? Tax benefits on top of helping out!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I replied to another Bimini thread, but is this tax deductible as a non-for profit? Tax benefits on top of helping out!
The Vander Werf Foundation is a charity so you can deduct contributions.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Vander Werf Foundation is a charity so you can deduct contributions.
Maybe on the 2018 Bimini trip we organize something based around this. I don't want to say charge people to join the trip but maybe make a certain donation is encouraged or Maybe jack up the price of shirts by $10 and allocate those funds to this charity or something like that. Just spit balling ideas.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I've been on here and being a new member at that. The Bimini Fling has been top of my bucket list and would love to join your group in going. Still having to convince the wife. My 2 kids and sons girlfriend is all for it. I'm wearing the wife down, but slowly. But in any case if I don't make it this year I will be going for sure on the 2018 fling. My only concern is I'll be travelling from Ontario Canada. I live only an hour from Detroit border. I notice there isn't any Canadians in the group. Is it much harder for us to travel down to Florida then cruise across to Bimini. Most of research I did shows it shouldn't be a problem. My question is has there been Canadians gone in the past and how was the experience. Just wondered about different paperwork and such. I've never done this before so just trying to get all the facts.

Cheers
Dan

Hi MazzyDan, just read your post, am planning to go 2019, how was your trip to Bimini in 2017 ? how was your experience when cross borders to US and return ?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
My friends came last year from Scarborough near Toronto to Bimini. They are coming again this year to Bimini June trip. You guys should be okay. Let me know if you have any questions and I will gladly answer them.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Shouldn't be vastly different from a us citizen make sure you fill out the float plan before you leave and report back in once returning from the bahamas.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was cleaning up my computer and I run into this.....
the video was taken on July 6th at the Kids Science in Museum in Orlando.
I promise next, I wont make such jokes again.... Poseidon has a high sense of humor

@bronze_10
@Ramblin Wreck

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This will be interesting to those that want to fish a little on the trip. Squid and other bait can get very smelly and messy. Even freshly thawed squid tends to coat everything in its stench.

In the past I have used a thermos to store squid in. I keep it in the freezer in the condo and in the refrigerator or ice chest on the boat.

Shopping at Walmart I found an $8 stainless food jar that will work very well for this purpose. It seems to be well sealed. I picked one up to use for 2018.

Attachments

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
This will be interesting to those that want to fish a little on the trip. Squid and other bait can get very smelly and messy. Even freshly thawed squid tends to coat everything in its stench.

In the past I have used a thermos to store squid in. I keep it in the freezer in the condo and in the refrigerator or ice chest on the boat.

Shopping at Walmart I found an $8 stainless food jar that will work very well for this purpose. It seems to be well sealed. I picked one up to use for 2018.
Did you mean to post this in the July 2018 trip thread?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
2017 Bimini crossing folks....many of you asked if Alistair could create an "I survived" type shirt to memorialize the 2017 crossing (the year on the attached photos are wrong...whoops, will be 2017). This is what his design guy came up with. He's curious is there are any folks who would like this shirt....if there is enough demand they will add it to Islandjay.com, or if the demand is low, perhaps just produce a few adhoc. @swatski you need one of these for sure!!! LOL

Surviving bimini (5).jpg Surviving bimini (4).jpg Surviving bimini (3).jpg Surviving bimini (2).jpg

@Bruce ,@chris24, @Betik @hobineros @Valerie @Water Girl , @Glen @Majorsmackdown @Amar Nanduri @steven rivera @NorgaR01 @S Elgin @Skroggy66 @Kevin Sargent @MarkEnMiami @Drift Away @wallacerb @blacksapphirez @jaburt @rsrlegends @Jason Winn, @MrMoose @JROD @ThatJeepGuy @GMAN2015 @Bryan Martini @Rob9550 @Lakeboy, @Bill D @Jadams0527 , @Rick215HO , @Edgar Almonte @DiverB @LOZBum @tim h @Alex&Elena @Hamp @jayasaki138 @Omar8thgen @shaun lawson, @fromrio

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
YES!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!!
I need 1 2017 &
I need 2 2018 please!! one for me and one for Diana and Im sure @Girlfriend would want in too!

(I prefer short sleeve, v neck would be amazing too :p)

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Count me in for a couple of T-shirt’s for 2017 and 6 for 2018.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shouldn't the tower be falling on the guy, instead of him being thrown out of the boat?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I generally do not like shirts, but I have to get this one. I am thinking one for me and for Sarah.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
and ofcourse a thunderstorm in the design ;)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't forget to add the coast guard heli
I got excited when I saw on the main page the last post in here was yours @MrMoose I thought you were registering I was about to switch trips to the July trip no luck though!