• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LED Lightbar

Noles187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Anyone in here installed an LED lightbar to the t top? Just wanted to see what options are out there as far as company, quality, pricing, etc. Some of these companies are charging 2k for a 40" LED lightbar. Seems crazy to me.

Thanks for the input in advance!

Follow my boats page if you dare IG @nauti_hookers

Attachments

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have not installed one on the T-Top but I have used less expensive ones for backup lights on my trailer and on the front of my side by sides. As long as you stay with IP67 or IP68, you should be fine with the cheap ones (do the math on how many times you can replace them)

I have had good luck with Nilight brand as mentioned above. Here are two I could recommend from the name brand.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Well it looks like the links bombed but may still work. Both are Amazon pages

40” Hella
40” Nilight

both are under 250 bucks.

Noles187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
i dont know about a light bar, stripper pole would be cool on a t-top.
Actually I'd love to install a clear one with LED lights that is removable for the back swim platform

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone in here installed an LED lightbar to the t top? Just wanted to see what options are out there as far as company, quality, pricing, etc. Some of these companies are charging 2k for a 40" LED lightbar. Seems crazy to me.

Check out Lumitech…

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Harbor Freight actually has pretty high quality LED bars that are relatively inexpensive. I have a small one on my UTV and it's rock solid. I can't speak to corrosion resistance but they are definitely waterproof!

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Just joined your IG page, Would love to know more about your upgraded sound system.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well it looks like the links bombed but may still work. Both are Amazon pages

40” Hella
40” Nilight

both are under 250 bucks.
We use the NiLight brand bars, light pods and wiring harnesses off their Amazon store on our SXS/s and mowers. Good quality, warranty and nobody should have to spend over $100 on a 48" bar with wiring harness when many come out of the same factory in china.

All that being said, I am sure you are just adding one for loading, docking etc. As most states do not allow forward facing white light at night by law. It's the reason you don't see much conversation about light bars on boats, rather more talk of accent lighting or docking lights.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
All that being said, I am sure you are just adding one for loading, docking etc. As most states do not allow forward facing white light at night by law. It's the reason you don't see much conversation about light bars on boats, rather more talk of accent lighting or docking lights.
Agree.

Also important to remember that additional lights wouldn’t help while under power anyway.

Jim

Noles187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length

Noles187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I wanted to add the light bar when coming in from the gulf to the intercoastal at night there are poles that have zero lights on them and I don't want to hit one, IF I don't add the lightbar the only other thing I can think would be to add a nightvision camera like a "blackoak" nightvision cam etc...would that hook up directly to my simrad for display?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Agree.

Also important to remember that additional lights wouldn’t help while under power anyway.

Jim
Everyone in Florida has light bars on everything Cars, Trucks and boat, they even run them while on the freeway here, WTF! For Boats everyone has them on all the time while moving at night. I'm starting to think no one enforces any laws here.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wanted to add the light bar when coming in from the gulf to the intercoastal at night there are poles that have zero lights on them and I don't want to hit one, IF I don't add the lightbar the only other thing I can think would be to add a nightvision camera like a "blackoak" nightvision cam etc...would that hook up directly to my simrad for display?

Far less hassle, more portable, and you can move it around easier than a light bar to track down what's what off to the sides of your boat, and if you have passengers, they can operate it for you while you concentrate on running the controls

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Everyone in Florida has light bars on everything Cars, Trucks and boat, they even run them while on the freeway here, WTF! For Boats everyone has them on all the time while moving at night. I'm starting to think no one enforces any laws here.
I believe that one of the issues is that use of light bars while running can impede both your night vision as well as that of other boaters, affecting one’s ability to see green and red markers. Many boaters find using a spotlight, when needed, to be less intrusive.

JIm

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Come to think of it, only "docking lights" intended for close-quarters maneuvering only are allowed on my lake. Docking lights can over power the navigation lights, so driving with your dock lights on is illegal.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do those piles at least have reflectors?
I would think those piles would show up on Radar?