• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Margaritaville - Cordless drink maker on our boat

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Pull the trigger @Julian its worth it! It will be like having the Turks on you patio.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not sure how good of a deal that is. When I bought in July I paid $179.99 for the Explorer Cordless Frozen Concoction Maker and $14.40 in shipping for a total of $194.39.

Seems like they may be marking up the price to offer a sale.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We found out about these margarita makers from a friend who manages a Tuesday Morning store. They had and probably still have them discounted in store.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Heads up. Margaritavillecargo.com is having a Memorial Weekend sale. Sign up for emails and get 10% off your entire order. Add the code EXTRA20 at checkout and they'll knock another 20% off of a single item. I just bought the cordless Explorer for $164.88, a spare battery for $53.99 and sales tax was $13.14. Free shipping.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I figure it will bring the chicas to the swimdeck like skeeters to a bug zapper. :winkingthumbsup"

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I figure it will bring the chicas to the swimdeck like skeeters to a bug zapper. :winkingthumbsup"
It is always fun to hear that ZZZZZZAAAAAAP! But my wife might not see the benefit:(

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @MOA_Chaser. I ordered the carrying case (bag) and a spare battery.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce, did you find a good alcohol/mix ratio for bottled pre-mix, such as the prepared pina colada mix?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just found this on Craigslist the other day, http://newlondon.craigslist.org/app/5028060037.html .... Now I just need to find someone in the area to pick it up and ship it to me for a little extra cash.... I like the fact that it comes with a hard case.....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce, did you find a good alcohol/mix ratio for bottled pre-mix, such as the prepared pina colada mix?
We have been carrying alcohol bottles on the boat. But have discussed premixing into Gatorade or other used bottles.

At Lake Murray it was used as a snow cone machine in adult and virgin varieties.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wandering through threads, I stumbled across this (yes, I know it's an old thread). I bought an AC version of this about 2-3 years ago, and when everyone's feeling like margarita night, this thing is the hit of the party. I pick up a bag of lemons, limes, and a bag of frozen strawberries from Costco, and I'm set for the evening. I also added a juicer to speed up the process and get the most out of the citrus. I've also learned that the ice you use matters a great deal. I stay away from pre-mixed stuff, unless the wife finds a deal on one of the flavored 1800 mixes - they just don't seem to make as good a drink in this machine - better to do those on the rocks.

My strawberry margarita recipe that makes a perfect amount in this machine (full pitcher while blending, doesn't overflow):

12 oz Margarita base (4 oz simple syrup, 4 oz triple sec, 4 oz tequila)
1 cup of frozen strawberries
juice of 1 lime (about 1 oz)

Thaw the strawberries for less clumping in the machine (you'll know what I mean if you've used this machine)
Add all ingredients to the pitcher and blend until smooth
Add ice to top section, then run the machine for a complete cycle.
Repeat until proper level of margarita intake is obtained.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can say that a inverter and a small ninja blender work great. Kids love virgin frozen drinks and the adults love spiced pinas. The down side is a big inverter is needed for a 110v blender that will get the ice chopped up fine. I have a auto switching pure sine wave inverter permanently mounted.

Stan Marko

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I can say that a inverter and a small ninja blender work great. Kids love virgin frozen drinks and the adults love spiced pinas. The down side is a big inverter is needed for a 110v blender that will get the ice chopped up fine. I have a auto switching pure sine wave inverter permanently mounted.
Really curious about the inverter you setup. What model did you use and where did you locate it. I have a 242X-E and was thinking about it but just a little paranoid about the idea of A/C on the water, but we’re in central florida and planning on some gulf trips this year, that might be fun to have out there.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used this 1200 Watt Pure Sine Inverter with Built In Transfer with the remote switch.

I fiberglassed two boards to the hull in the upper battery comparment for mounting. The rating on this one is true to real world performance.

I have shore power at my slip and went with this model to power my custom mini kegerator while plugged direct from the shore power in and automatically switch over to the batteries when actually boating. I knew that I would also use for the blender. As an added bonus I also know it works to power my lift if shore power is out. Voltage drop is severe with a 1200 watt continuous drop even with two big agm batteries so keep that in mind depending on what you want to power. I have had the inverter shut itself down powering my lift for over two minutes which is the top end of it rated capacity for output. Dropping under 11 volts will cause communication errors with connext if powered on. The voltage does come back up after a minute. Never had any issues with the blender causing that though. I went with 0 awg wire becaise I had it on hand as left over from an amp project.

Photos below. Top left of first one is the inverter. Second photo is the switch mounted to the top of my mini keg compressor case. Last photo is just because it never gets old.

Attachments

RoughRider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah I know this is an old post, but the only one I could find for a battery compartment mounted inverter for a boat lift. I don't have shore power, so my inverter would be the primary power source. I purchased this one and was thinking to add the fiberglass bars to inside compartment and them mount inverter to that. I chose this inverter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071NZ8DSB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
which appears to be enough, but wanted to ask if I should just buy the generator to ensure I don't end up with other problems. No plans to plug in anything else.