• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

May 16, 2015 boat run to Charleston, SC

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Gonna try my best to if I get home in time. Bimini is definitely on our list, but probably not going to have enough prep time this yr...maybe next yr.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alright so I have one of my friends who has commited he is bringing his SeaDoo jet boat. Still waiting on the other two that usually do this trip with me both have had family pass away in the last week or so and they are still unsure if they are coming or not. I will be booking a hotel in charleston today any ways and hopefully they can make it. @andy07sx230ho not sure what you plan is Sunday but I unfortunately have to probably be back in Lake Marion by 1-2pm at the latest and earlier is even better. I have to take orders for work and don't want to bring my laptop on the trip with me. If you guys want to hang around charlwston longer by all means do so just wanted to let you know what my plan was.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Alright so I have one of my friends who has commited he is bringing his SeaDoo jet boat. Still waiting on the other two that usually do this trip with me both have had family pass away in the last week or so and they are still unsure if they are coming or not. I will be booking a hotel in charleston today any ways and hopefully they can make it. @andy07sx230ho not sure what you plan is Sunday but I unfortunately have to probably be back in Lake Marion by 1-2pm at the latest and earlier is even better. I have to take orders for work and don't want to bring my laptop on the trip with me. If you guys want to hang around charlwston longer by all means do so just wanted to let you know what my plan was.
Thanks for the heads up. No problem about you having to get back early, we will probably take our time getting back but will decide it on Sunday morning.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 do you have a departure time for Saturday morning? Also, I'm keeping a close watch on the weather, the extended forecast looks like a 50% chance of rain on Sat, May 16th but we know how accurate weather forecast are.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah we are in Edisto right now it was supposed to rain all day today and we didn't see a drop. Not sure of a time yet I'm open is anyone else going or is it just us? I think I have one other boat and he will meet us up there when ever I let him know we plan leaving.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah we are in Edisto right now it was supposed to rain all day today and we didn't see a drop. Not sure of a time yet I'm open is anyone else going or is it just us? I think I have one other boat and he will meet us up there when ever I let him know we plan leaving.
I believe it is just us. I'm open to about anytime to depart. The wife suggested something between 10 am and 11 am, so she wouldn't have to get up to early to make the 2 hour drive to Rocks Pond to launch.

Hope TS Anna leaves you alone. Enjoy Edisto.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will talk to the wife in the morning but that sounds fine

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Alright folks the plans have changed. Instead of on Saturday leaving from Lake Marion, @robert843 and I are now leaving from the Charleston area, running up the river, through the Pinnopolis lock, into the Diversion Canal between Lake Moultrie and Lake Marion, refuel the boat, fuel the body with lunch at a restuarant on the canal, and then return to the Charleston area. The plan is to be on the water and ready to start the run at 11 am. Then on Sunday we will boat around Charleston before putting the boat on the trailer and heading home. I do plan on put my boat on the trailer Saturday night and have it in the parking lot at the Holiday Inn.

New lauch location is Remley's Point in Mount Pleasant, https://www.dnr.sc.gov/mlands/boatramp_details?p_id=340 . It is just west of HWY 17 Ravenel Bridge.

I haven't yet transferred my reservation but we are planning on staying at the Holiday Inn in Mount Pleasant, http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/mt-pleasant/chsmp/hoteldetail?qRef=sr&qDest=Mount+Pleasant,+SC,+United+States&qRpn=1&qChld=0&qSrt=sBR&qSHp=1&qSmP=3&qGRM=0&qLng=-79.8628&qRdU=1&qRms=1&srb_u=1&qAdlt=1&qPSt=0&qFRA=1&qLat=32.7939&qRRSrt=rt&qRad=30&qRpp=12&qBrs=6c.hi.ex.rs.ic.cp.in.sb.cw.cv.ul.vn&qWch=0&icdv=99504425

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well the weather looks like it could cooperate. So one of my friends who previously bailed called just a few minutes ago and said he is probably back in. So right now I've got two maybes on two other boats. Still trying to figure out my situation we are definitely going but my boat is still not ready so we may be bringing one or two skis instead. If my friend who just called comes my wife and daughter may ride up in his boat and I may just launch one ski if he doesn't we will probably launch both skis (unless the boat is ready) and leave the daughter at home I don't think she will make it 7 hours on a ski lol.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well the weather looks like it could cooperate. So one of my friends who previously bailed called just a few minutes ago and said he is probably back in. So right now I've got two maybes on two other boats. Still trying to figure out my situation we are definitely going but my boat is still not ready so we may be bringing one or two skis instead. If my friend who just called comes my wife and daughter may ride up in his boat and I may just launch one ski if he doesn't we will probably launch both skis (unless the boat is ready) and leave the daughter at home I don't think she will make it 7 hours on a ski lol.
If you bring you daugther and she gets tired of being on the PWC she's welcome to ride with my crew of 4 adults and 2 boys ages 7 and 4 (5 in July).

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks I will let the wife know that may get her off my back a bit as we went to Edisto last weekend with out our daughter so she was complaining a bit about leaving her two weekends in a row. My daughter had said she didn't want to go since no other kids were going but if you have kids going Im sure she will change her mind. My wife has talked to my friends wife now and she seems to think they are coming anyway but if I don't take my boat I will probably bring both skis anyway as I know he likes to get on them as well and your crew and you are more than welcome to ride for a bit if you guys want some play time.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How familiar are you with the deversion canal? I wanted to see if you knew where you wanted to stop and refuel and eat lunch. Last year I ran across lake moultrie and refueled at Black's Fish Camp and I know they have a resturant and its protected as its off the canal but the docks sucked. I also know there is Canal fish Camp and Hills Landing up there but never been to either. The rest of the group last year didnt cross the lake they stayed on the lock side there was some camp ground over there but the fuel pumps gave out as I went to refuel so I had to cross to get gas but there were a ton of boats sitting in a cove over there with people swimming and hanging out and since the rest were able to get fuel there they just hung out and waited on me to get back so we didn't go up the canal.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How familiar are you with the deversion canal? I wanted to see if you knew where you wanted to stop and refuel and eat lunch. Last year I ran across lake moultrie and refueled at Black's Fish Camp and I know they have a resturant and its protected as its off the canal but the docks sucked. I also know there is Canal fish Camp and Hills Landing up there but never been to either. The rest of the group last year didnt cross the lake they stayed on the lock side there was some camp ground over there but the fuel pumps gave out as I went to refuel so I had to cross to get gas but there were a ton of boats sitting in a cove over there with people swimming and hanging out and since the rest were able to get fuel there they just hung out and waited on me to get back so we didn't go up the canal.
It's been awhile since I been there so my knowledge is very stale. I did talk to the folks at Hills Landing and they were super nice but I bet they can get kind of busy. I would like to run up to the diversion canal but we don't have to stop there if it is busy. In the tail race canal to eat there is Gilligan's at the Dock (might be a little fancy for lunch) and for fuel plus food there is Hidden Cove Marina, both are near where Alt 17/Hwy 52 crosses the tail race. That is my limited knowledge of the area.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alright we will play it by year and figure it out there sounds like there are plenty of options up there. We usually stop in lake Moultrie and I know there isn't much there and also knew there was nothing on the river till you got to the locks I know there is s Marina and place to eat on the river side of the lock but figured we would clear it before stopping

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I had expressed some interest in this trip early on but am not going to make this one...
My step daughter is moving back to WI this weekend...
Finally out of the house !
:winkingthumbsup"

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well guys, it's looking official that we won't be able to make it this trip. Still up in Illinois working & waiting on Yamaha to bring their promotional interest rate back down. Hoping to pick up our sweet ride next month if they do. Maybe we'll be able to join an outing somewhere soon. Safe travels to everyone that is going.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Definitely want to do this trip someday...but my daughter has a make up school day on Sat due to the snow/ice school closures over the winter (and she's non too happy about it!).

Want to see the photos for sure!!!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had expressed some interest in this trip early on but am not going to make this one...
My step daughter is moving back to WI this weekend...
Finally out of the house !
:winkingthumbsup"
Well guys, it's looking official that we won't be able to make it this trip. Still up in Illinois working & waiting on Yamaha to bring their promotional interest rate back down. Hoping to pick up our sweet ride next month if they do. Maybe we'll be able to join an outing somewhere soon. Safe travels to everyone that is going.
Definitely want to do this trip someday...but my daughter has a make up school day on Sat due to the snow/ice school closures over the winter (and she's non too happy about it!).

Want to see the photos for sure!!!
Sorry to hear you guys won't be making this trip with us. Hopefully we will be doing more of these trips this summer and after. @Julian I will try to get some good pictures of our group and adventure, then post here.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho please keep us in mind for future trips. We're hoping to take delivery ofthe boat by the beginning of next month.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did just confirm with my friend he is definitely coming. He has a 21 foot center console fishing boat with a permanent bimini tower and rod holder we may have to call to have the bridges opened for him he's going to measure the height tonight but he says he knows for a fact there's a bridge on the Ashley River that has open forum when he boats on it he lives in Charleston.