• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mid Size SUV recommendations?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is getting worrying, over here in the UK we always perceive you guys in the US as having the freedom to choose any gas guzzler you like. Now I see more and more of you talking about good MPG.
I love it in the US, gas is so cheap(compared to here anyway), don't let us down, you'll all be driving Diesels next :arghh::wtf:.
Don't worry about it. I can get 8 mpg with my Hemi with just a little more speed, a couple additional jackrabbit starts here and there... And if I add more WOT time on the boat, the sky is the limit! LOL

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Black diesel smoke is king! :D

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Glassman , the Tesla cars I have seen here around Chicago are freaking gorgeous!!! And fast as Hell. I know they aren't meant for the average buyer , but aside from the coolness factor and "Quiet speed" the Chevy volt achieves the exact same rebates and incentives from the gov't as the Tesla for $40,000 less.
I just hate to see any product line of this importance only available to the select few who can afford a $80,000 second vehicle.. maybe down the road Tesla will have a more basic model available.. I am sure in the next 5 - 10 years there will be some significant changes in the automotive industry as relates to what is available to the "everyday customer"
I couldn't agree more.

But I'm not getting any younger and now that the kids are "almost" out of the nest I'm going to spend their inheritance on anything that makes me happy. They should just be glad that I'm not the kind of guy who likes hookers and blow! :eek::p

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have a 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel with a Hemi and love it. The interior is nice and the features are great. I think it has around 7500# towing capacity.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think anyone has mentioned this option yet... How about a Jeep Grand Cherokee? I had one years ago (it was a '97) w/ a V8, super fun to drive, good quality, etc. The new ones even have the option to get a diesel (if that's your sort of thing), and really nice options too in the Limited/Overland/Summit models. Worth a look I think...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What about when you punch it?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@Julian , if it doesn't smoke the you can't do this!! Wants the point of a diesel if you can't do this????

Do You Smoke?-Then YOU better watch this:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JC6275 There is a lot of the Sooters around these parts. They have stickers that say "Soot Life"

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So we spent the whole day car shopping and we have it narrowed down to (in order of most liked) - for new cars:
  1. Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (37,700)
  2. Lexus RX350 (47,500)
  3. Kia Sorento (41,125)
Haven't looked at any new cars except a Toyota Highlander 2103, which seemed to get really crappy gas mileage (10.5mph) and they wanted $38K for it with 24K miles on it.

@JC6275 The Hyundai (owns Kia) is an awesome SUV for the price (even better than the Kia) and is well equiped. Comes with heated 1st and 2nd row seats, ventilated first row seats, blind spot warning, leather, power lift gate, huge panoramic sun roof, Navigation, Infinity sound system, dual zone climate control, 3rd row seats with AC control, and something I'd think would be a no brainer but many cars did not have: power outlet for 2nd row seats (Not in MDX, Toyota, Kia)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Went and looked at a demo (with 2500 miles) Lexus RX350 this evening at Johnson Lexus of Raleigh....it had an MSRP of 49,600 (dealer invoice is 46,800) and the best offer they could give me was 47K. Seems they can still make more than invoice on a used car at this dealer.....I walked.

On the way out, the salesman says, let me introduce you to my manager, so he goes in to talk to him, and comes out and says that he can't drop that low, and the manager doesn't even come out to talk to us! Stunning......won't be buying a car there.....and we're moving onto the Hyundai dealer. Car has more features, more room, 3 rows of seats vs two for 10K LESS. And salespeople without the 'tude.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And don't get me going about Leith Acura in Cary we went to on Saturday.....when we arrived we were approached by one sales guy, I told him we'd talked to Mr Mitchell, and he told us he'd let him know we were here. I could see he wasn't busy, but the guy never even came over. We walked out after sitting for 15 minutes, and won't go back. "Sean Beach" the General Manager there really needs to WAKE UP his staff! He has a lot full of MDXs and if someone tried to sell my wife one, she probably would have bought one since she survived well in the one that was totalled! Perhaps I should have emailed him at sean.beach@leithacura.com, but kinda soured on the whole place now.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Bought the Hyundai Santa Fe tonight. Out the door price with the Ultimate package was $37,400 (including, tax, title and doc fees). Only have one pic of it for now....(showing off the crappy paint job the prior owner did on the garage floor)

image.jpg